Author Topic: Next Vacation - Ideas  (Read 1112866 times)

Offline helpusout

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Next Vacation - Ideas
« Reply #1100 on: July 29, 2014, 08:58:42 PM »
Ok looking for ideas for vacation from Sunday to Thursday for a couple within 4 hours drive / flight from nj. We like beaches and kosher restaurants; ) no florida. Been there already this year..

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 30, 2014, 08:11:37 AM »
Ok looking for ideas for vacation from Sunday to Thursday for a couple within 4 hours drive / flight from nj. We like beaches and kosher restaurants; ) no florida. Been there already this year..
Fly to the Caribbean.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline sam28

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 30, 2014, 02:46:37 PM »
I would like to go with my wife and 2 kids to vancover in 2-3 weeks I have points for the tickets and hotel . but I don't wont this trip should cost me out of pocket more then $1000 including car food and all the place I will visit .

can someone who have bean there tell me if I can do it ?

Offline juvy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 30, 2014, 06:45:54 PM »
I want to go to Rome and Greece

Offline Joe4007

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 30, 2014, 06:50:10 PM »
I want to go to Rome and Greece
I hope you make it there.

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #1105 on: July 30, 2014, 07:12:28 PM »
#TYH

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #1106 on: August 03, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
Any recommendations for a vacation 4-5 hrs drive from nyc with kosher catering?
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 04, 2014, 01:17:40 PM »
Want to start thinking about winter vacation for the Mrs. and myself. Want to go for a week right after she graduates (!) She knows about a potential trip, so this is not a surprise.
Options:
Disney - she's never been and really wants to go
Hawaii - also really wants to go and neither of us have ever been

There's no baby on the way, but with the thought that this could potentially be our last vacation before kids (yeah, I know one day it's possible to get parents to watch kids or if they're in camp, etc.) but if you could do one of these trips without kids, which is better?

Offline Joe4007

• View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 04, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »
Want to start thinking about winter vacation for the Mrs. and myself. Want to go for a week right after she graduates (!) She knows about a potential trip, so this is not a surprise.
Options:

There's no baby on the way, but with the thought that this could potentially be our last vacation before kids (yeah, I know one day it's possible to get parents to watch kids or if they're in camp, etc.) but if you could do one of these trips without kids, which is better?
You might get fired from DDF over this one.

Out of the two I've only been to Disney yet, but I'd say most definitely go with Hawaii.

Offline Yehoshua

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 04, 2014, 01:28:42 PM »
Options:

Out of the two I've only been to Disney yet, but I'd say most definitely go with Hawaii.
I've never been to Disney in FL, but definitely HI (if Disney in CA is but a small comparison). Besides kids could enjoy Disney more than HI.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1110 on: August 04, 2014, 01:30:57 PM »
Options:

Disney vs. Hawaii?

For two adults people older than 16?

Is that seriously the question up for debate now?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Joe4007

• View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 04, 2014, 01:33:20 PM »

Besides kids could enjoy Disney more than HI.
+ It's only a 3 hour flight from NY vs a 10-11 hours to HI which will be tougher with kids.

Besides, how could you not go to Hawaii if you have the chance...

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 04, 2014, 01:37:25 PM »
Disney vs. Hawaii?

For two adults people older than 16?

Is that seriously the question up for debate now?
Yes. My sister and BIL just went to HI with their 2 year old, and he loved it. They didn't think bringing him along was a pain at all. So I don't think doing HI with a kid is such a "big deal".

My Q basically is - Is the experience of going as a couple without kids to Disney something worth doing? I'm sure it's fun trip with kids but I can imagine it also being really fun without kids.

And remember, iy"h there will be many more trips. It's not 1 or the other, it's which to do now at this stage in life?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1113 on: August 04, 2014, 01:39:48 PM »
Silliest question I've read on DDF in quite some time.

HI with kids can't even come close to HI without kids in terms of what you can do.  Not even a 1/100th of the experience.

Disney OTOH is meant to be enjoyed by kids.  Are you going to be excited by seeing Minnie Mouse or a princess? If you want actual good rides go to Cedar Point.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline sam28

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 04, 2014, 01:40:30 PM »
Yes. My sister and BIL just went to HI with their 2 year old, and he loved it. They didn't think bringing him along was a pain at all. So I don't think doing HI with a kid is such a "big deal".

My Q basically is - Is the experience of going as a couple without kids to Disney something worth doing? I'm sure it's fun trip with kids but I can imagine it also being really fun without kids.

And remember, iy"h there will be many more trips. It's not 1 or the other, it's which to do now at this stage in life?
I went to Disney with kids and without we head allot of fun both times . and we would go back again.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1115 on: August 04, 2014, 01:42:31 PM »

Confirmed

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1116 on: August 04, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »

Oiy va voy.

I'm not sure I should give advice, as we're clearly not in the same parsha when it comes to vacationing.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 04, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »

HI with kids can't even come close to HI without kids in terms of what you can do.  Not even a 1/100th of the experience.

Disney OTOH is meant to be enjoyed by kids.  Are you going to be excited by seeing Minnie Mouse or a princess? If you want actual good rides go to Cedar Point.
Well, if my wife and I have thought about it (albeit for just a few minutes) and can't think which would be the better trip, then I don't think it's so silly. It's why I came here to ask it. I also think that if you find that the silliest question here recently, then you're not on the forums enough.

Obviously HI is the more romantic trip, but I just wanted to know if Disney alone is a special experience.

I went to Disney with kids and without we head allot of fun both times . and we would go back again.
Thanks for the feedback - you are the only one so far who seems to have gone as just a couple. Did you find the trip romantic at all (I know Disney sometimes advertises it as a romantic experience when there are no kids) or it was just fun to do it?

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 04, 2014, 01:50:50 PM »
Oiy va voy.

I'm not sure I should give advice, as we're clearly not in the same parsha when it comes to vacationing.
No, we're clearly not. You and Dan blow everyone else out the water in terms of how often you travel and the places you've been to. But I'm glad you figured that out on your own.

Offline Marco Polo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 04, 2014, 01:51:49 PM »
Well, if my wife and I have thought about it (albeit for just a few minutes) and can't think which would be the better trip, then I don't think it's so silly. It's why I came here to ask it. I also think that if you find that the silliest question here recently, then you're not on the forums enough.

Obviously HI is the more romantic trip, but I just wanted to know if Disney alone is a special experience.
Thanks for the feedback - you are the only one so far who seems to have gone as just a couple. Did you find the trip romantic at all (I know Disney sometimes advertises it as a romantic experience when there are no kids) or it was just fun to do it?
I didn't think it was that great, especially compared to HI.
Quaerite et Invenietis.