Author Topic: Next Vacation - Ideas  (Read 1125223 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Next Vacation - Ideas
« Reply #1340 on: October 20, 2014, 03:10:06 PM »
Why not do MLE?

If you have 8 days, you'd lose about 3 days in travel and have a respectable 5 days on the ground.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1341 on: October 20, 2014, 03:16:04 PM »
Why not do MLE?

If you have 8 days, you'd lose about 3 days in travel and have a respectable 5 days on the ground.
Not worth shlepping an infant to MLE IMHO.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1342 on: October 20, 2014, 03:17:57 PM »
I'd far prefer taking infant to MLE than HNL. At least once you get there, it's just sitting and chilling.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1343 on: October 20, 2014, 03:20:43 PM »
I'd far prefer taking infant to MLE than HNL. At least once you get there, it's just sitting and chilling.
Spoken exactly like someone who doesn't have an infant.  40 hours of straight transit with an infant is just asinine.

Either way in MLE I was out swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking the whole time. Not stuff that can be done with an infant.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 20, 2014, 03:22:11 PM »
I wouldn't do that to the kid. Or the parents.
And I think the Caribbean is a swell idea as well if all they're looking to do is relax and hang by the beach.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 20, 2014, 03:23:11 PM »
I wouldn't do that to the kid. Or the parents.
And I think the Caribbean is a swell idea as well if all they're looking to do is relax and hang by the beach.
Bingo.

Offline bubble347

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 20, 2014, 03:23:28 PM »
Any private pool options in Caribbean or Hawaii?
Watch this inspiring video.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 20, 2014, 03:24:02 PM »

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 20, 2014, 03:39:29 PM »
Spoken exactly like someone who doesn't have an infant.  40 hours of straight transit with an infant is just asinine.

Either way in MLE I was out swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking the whole time. Not stuff that can be done with an infant.

Trip can be done in less than 24 each way. And many of these resorts have babysitting.

I can't believe you'd seriously contend that shlepping your baby everywhere for 7 days is easier than being island-bound in MLE.

It only gets harder with more kids... strike while the iron is hot, mon frere.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 20, 2014, 03:42:21 PM »
Trip can be done in less than 24 each way. And many of these resorts have babysitting.
Please show me the itin that gets you from home to the PH or say the Haleveli in under 24 hours.

I can't believe you'd seriously contend that shlepping your baby everywhere for 7 days is easier than being island-bound in MLE.
Again, because you don't have small kids.
They're simply not wired to be shlepped around for 30 hours straight.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: October 20, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »

Total travel time of 42-43 hours, leaving you 6 hours leftover for MLE transfers.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: October 20, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »
Still going to be well over 30 hours on the return.
Is it physically possible? Yes.
Will it be enjoyable in Y, J, or F for the parent or child? No.
Will you be able to actually do any water activities in MLE with your spouse? No.
Will the child care if you are in SJU or MLE? No, other than being on schedule in SJU and hopelessly off schedule in MLE.

Offline bubble347

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: October 20, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »
I'm also not crazy about being in MLE for Shabbos.
Watch this inspiring video.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 20, 2014, 03:53:32 PM »
I'm also not crazy about being in MLE for Shabbos.

But you don't mind being in SJU? What's the difference?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 20, 2014, 03:54:54 PM »
Still going to be well over 30 hours on the return.
Is it physically possible? Yes.
Will it be enjoyable in Y, J, or F for the parent or child? No.
Will you be able to actually do any water activities in MLE with your spouse? No.
Will the child care if you are in SJU or MLE? No, other than being on schedule in SJU and hopelessly off schedule in MLE.

Well, then I guess people with kid(s) are just stuck traveling as far as SJU, huh?

Too bad for them, I guess.

Though, I'd say speak to chuchem, Marco Polo, and jaywhy.

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 20, 2014, 03:56:40 PM »
Well, then I guess people with kid(s) are just stuck traveling as far as SJU, huh?

For the type of vacation he is looking, I would NOT recommend speaking to these guys. He is looking for a relaxing type of vacation, hence why Dan is going with SJU.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: October 20, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »

Not what I said.  More than possible to travel with kids. I'll prove that this week.

However go ask chuchem if he would bring his family (or even 1 infant) to MLE. I'd bet decent money that he will say you would have to be nuts.

MLE is wonderful as a couple. But to fly to the farthest corner of the earth to spend time in a water hut with an infant is ridiculous.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 20, 2014, 03:57:34 PM »
For the type of vacation he is looking, I would NOT recommend speaking to these guys.

Aderaba; it's a kal v'chomer.

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 20, 2014, 04:33:37 PM »
Not what I said.  More than possible to travel with kids. I'll prove that this week.

However go ask chuchem if he would bring his family (or even 1 infant) to MLE. I'd bet decent money that he will say you would have to be nuts.

MLE is wonderful as a couple. But to fly to the farthest corner of the earth to spend time in a water hut with an infant is ridiculous.
+1. MLE with kids makes no sense. An OWB with a toddler is beyond frightening.
Wait until they get a little older so you can leave them with family and go as a couple.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 20, 2014, 04:41:11 PM »
Who said anything about a toddler?