Topic Wiki

Use this website to find the best deals
https://prepaidcompare.net/#plans

Small List compiled for Flip phone service. Regular service with unlimited data and all to come.

1.Tracfone-All Carriers $20 Talk/Text 1GB ($30 for first 6 months)
1b. Unlimited talk and text, no data $15/month ($10 with auto pay)

2.Mobi-Verizon $10 (Additional $5 off the 1st three months)

3.Tello-Tmobile $8 , US Mobile.

4.HelloMobile-Tmobile $5 (first 2 months for $5)

-EXPLAINED A BIT MORE IN DETAIL-
Tracfone Wireless- (CDMA/GSM Verizon/T-Mobile/AT&T)
First 6 months at $30 plus taxes.
Pay for the first 2 months $15 each month with autopay, then use reward points for the next 4 months. Use Referral code OOAB-E354 to get you 8,000 points. You must activate and set up the rewards within 14 days of activating Phone service.
  They limit 5 uses per month, so feel free to PM before using if you want to confirm they work for this month, as well they seem to be changing the referral code after every use. So feel free to post in the thread or message me for a new code.
       The points will only kick in after 60 days of service(hence the reason for keeping paid service for 60 days) the points will kick in getting you 8,000 Points, which is enough for 4 months free. You can redeem 2,000($20) increments for a free month of service and do that for a total of 4 months free.
  Now you must turn off auto pay after the first 2 months in order for the free 4 months that you added to kick in.  If you don't turn off auto pay it will continue billing your credit card and you will not get those free months until you turn off auto pay.
 Works on CDMA or GSM.

Mobi Wireless- (Verizon/CDMA)
 $10 a month. With a referral code you can get another $5 off the 1st three months which I can give you. You need to sign up in the first week for the referral bonus to kick in.
Click here to pm me for the info.

Tello Mobile (GSM/T-Mobile)
$8 Month with Unlimited t&t and no data. Picture message might not work without data services.
$10 unlimited Talk/Text + 1GB. 60 free international destinations - UK, Canada, France etc but not Israel
(Find someone with a referral code or $10 off referral code = P3VB48C7)
wifi calling and ESim supported

Hello Mobile (GSM/T-Mobile)
 $5 Month with Talk/Text 500mb.
Unlimited calling to most international destinations. Canada/Israel/UK and many more.  2nd month free as well. Free sim card.

If you know of others please add to the wiki.
  Feel free to PM me with any questions or post in this thread so a dedicated member can help you out.

Mobi for me comes out to $14.05 in NY after taxes.
Vs
Us mobile i pool 2 phones and I  pay just $20.96 for 2 lines after tax. Both on the Verizon network

Use this website to find the best deals

H2O which runs on AT&T has a annual plan unlimited talk and text for $60 plus tax with free international calling as well

http://www.whistleout.com/cellphones
« Last edited by myi on December 04, 2022, 09:36:47 PM »

Author Topic: Need help finding a cellphone plan? Post here! US edition (Master thread)  (Read 259204 times)

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Get a unlocked tcl flip2, tag it with text blocked and get hello mobile for $5 vs Tello for $8 plus tax,

this version/model you mean?

TCL Flip 2 4058G - 8GB - Gray (Unlocked) Flip Phone

Offline bznt

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
this version/model you mean?

TCL Flip 2 4058G - 8GB - Gray (Unlocked) Flip Phone
I have experience with the unlocked tcl T408DL that it works with hello / Tello and us mobile 

Offline yyonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Looking for a plan for people visiting the US for 2 weeks. Unlimited or lots of data. Android phones that take esims. Cheapest I've found is Visible at $25/month. (If they had iPhones, they could do Visible's free 15 day trial).

Offline Bored Bachur

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
looking into making a family plan with 5 lines needs to be unlimited with at least 50 GB before it slows down what's my cheapest option?

Offline yyonah

• View Profile
Looking for a plan for people visiting the US for 2 weeks. Unlimited or lots of data. Android phones that take esims. Cheapest I've found is Visible at $25/month. (If they had iPhones, they could do Visible's free 15 day trial).

I found (and rejected) another possible option: Consumer Cellular has a Chase offer on some of my cards for $20 off the first month. They have a 10 gb plan for $40 plus tax, with a $5 autopay discount. I'm guessing it will be only slightly cheaper than Visible, the data is not unlimited (and is hard capped), and there's the hassle of cancelling.

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
I found (and rejected) another possible option: Consumer Cellular has a Chase offer on some of my cards for $20 off the first month. They have a 10 gb plan for $40 plus tax, with a $5 autopay discount. I'm guessing it will be only slightly cheaper than Visible, the data is not unlimited (and is hard capped), and there's the hassle of cancelling.
Look through this site (it's in the wiki)
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline yyonah

• View Profile
Look through this site (it's in the wiki)
Thanks. I looked earlier, but I just looked again. There are plans that meet my requirements for less than Visible's $25, but they all charge taxes which bring it to $25 or thereabouts. Visible's price includes taxes. My visitors are coming at the end of July, so I'm hoping some kind of deal comes up before then.

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Mint mobile has 15.00 per month but u need to get 3 months IIRC.
I believe its 40gb of high speed and then might get slower

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
what about verizon esim trial?

Offline Natey

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Anyone can comment on tracfone vs. mobilex vs. u.s. mobile? Not regarding pricing, just about issues with any of them, anything to know about...

Offline yyonah

• View Profile
what about verizon esim trial?
Thanks. That sounds perfect for their needs. They'll have to wait until they arrive in the U.S. to see if it works, but otherwise it should be OK.

Offline TravelSER

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Looking to get added to T-Mobile family/business plan

Offline yeshivabucher

• View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
Looking to get added to T-Mobile family/business plan
there is a t mobile rent a line thread. How much you willing to pay and are you specifically looking for magenta max?

Offline 772oa

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
You'll need to unlock it on https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com. I will paste the conditions from that website (for non-apple devices, Apple devices are automatic):

For Customers with non-Apple devices: TracFone will provide an unlocking code to customers who request unlocking, provided they meet the following conditions:
If the TracFone device was activated with TracFone service prior to November 23, 2021, then the device must have been active on TracFone Service for no fewer than twelve (12) months with Service Plans redeemed in no fewer than twelve (12) months.
If the TracFone device was activated with new service on the Verizon network on or after November 23, 2021, then at least sixty (60) days must have elapsed since the device was activated.
The device must be in working condition.
The device has not been reported stolen or lost, and there are no indicators of fraud.

Anybody confirm if this actually works properly?    This implies you don't need to pay for the 2nd month (i.e. you can let it expire and have inactive for the 2nd month) and the 60 days will still clock.

Is this true?

Online Darth1

• View Profile
Anybody confirm if this actually works properly?    This implies you don't need to pay for the 2nd month (i.e. you can let it expire and have inactive for the 2nd month) and the 60 days will still clock.

Is this true?
Yes.

Offline yyonah

• View Profile
My SIL arrived from Israel and tried to get Verizon's free trial. He got a message that he was ineligible because he had participated within the last six months. which obviously wasn't true since he hasn't been in the US.

Offline ProWirelessExpert

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Need help finding a cellphone plan? Post here! US edition (Master thread)
« Reply #1276 on: August 03, 2023, 11:24:25 AM »
looking into making a family plan with 5 lines needs to be unlimited with at least 50 GB before it slows down what's my cheapest option?
us mobile will come out 35 per line for 100 gig they also have perks with this plan like free international Data Free Spotify and they have good costumer service .
You can do visible on 5 different email address but the service is slow

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 03, 2023, 11:31:35 AM »
My SIL arrived from Israel and tried to get Verizon's free trial. He got a message that he was ineligible because he had participated within the last six months. which obviously wasn't true since he hasn't been in the US.
it's probably saying that because you stick to my Verizon SIM card in that phone

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 03, 2023, 11:34:22 AM »
it won't cost you 25 each line you could use the referral your friend program you Google any referral code and during the activation you just put in the code and it goes down to $5

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1279 on: August 08, 2023, 03:33:07 PM »
Getting a new phone, currently have a Galaxy S21, and I'm mostly happy with it, so the easy thing is to switch to the S23. However, my favorite phone was the original Moto X, I loved the size, feel, and features. I'm wondering if the Pixel would be a comparable replacement, specifically the Pixel 7A. Would the smaller size be sacrificing all that much in performance?

I'm also considering the Galaxy Flip 4. The idea of being able to do some functions with a closed, folded phone seems like a major benefit, as does using the phone in a "half folded" state. I'm thinking the size of the folded phone in my pocket would also be a huge plus. Does anyone have real world experience using the phone? Are there drawbacks to the flip that make the benefits not worthwhile? Is the dip in performance compared to say, the S23 not worth the benefits?