[b]Would you like a specific carrier?[/b]
[b]Do you have phones already?[/b]

[b][u]Yes or No[/u][/b]
[b]Free nights and weekends?[/b]
[b]Unlimited mobile minutes?[/b]
[b]Unlimited mobile minutes within a specific carrier?[/b]

[b]Monthly budget:[/b]

Please Note: Don't forget to fill out the following in greater detail:

Total texts per line: If unlimited or if one line differs from another please state.
Total data per line: Please specify if some lines don't need data.
Smartphones: Please specify if some lines don't need a smartphone.

Monthly budget: Which option are you willing to drop in order to fit your budget? If no specific budget in mind just write "Cheapest".

http://www.whistleout.com/cellphones
« Last edited by Twin on November 02, 2014, 04:17:56 PM »

Author Topic: Need help finding a cellphone plan? Post here! US edition (Master thread)  (Read 107836 times)

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Did Altice Mobile get any better? Last I heard no one had anything good to say about the service

Offline bznt

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Did Altice Mobile get any better? Last I heard no one had anything good to say about the service
They eliminated the $20 plan for optimum customers , thatís for sure

Offline Chuchum Ainer

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Don't know where this goes.
Redpocket offering one month of unlimited service on at&t for $6.

https://www.redpocket.com/shop/plans

Offline Chuchum Ainer

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Red pocket mobile GSM-A which is AT&T is giving now any plan including their $60 unlimited plan for $1 , plus $5 for the sim. You have to activate by May 8th
I order the sim on Monday. Got it today

https://www.redpocket.com/shop/sim?id=53494d5f47534d41554e49

Sorry didn't see this

Offline Chuchum Ainer

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Best mnvo on verizon, with 15gb+ data? Currently paying $45 a month for verizon prepaid and would like to pay less.

As others mentioned, Visible. First month is $25, then you join a "party"/family plan and it stays $25 for unlimited. search on reddit for people with slots on their visible accounts. each accnt remains separate so no sharing billing

Visible is owned by verizon but uses only their LTE. They used to have a speed cap, it's been removed (long before corona). They have unlimited hotspot too.   I used them, on their ZTE r2 branded phone, and its was acceptable. Much better if you BYOD. You get a $100 mastercard GC if you BYOD, port, and keep for two months. (yes, you can do this, cancel and make a $50 profit).

Give em a try

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
As others mentioned, Visible. First month is $25, then you join a "party"/family plan and it stays $25 for unlimited. search on reddit for people with slots on their visible accounts. each accnt remains separate so no sharing billing

Visible is owned by verizon but uses only their LTE. They used to have a speed cap, it's been removed (long before corona). They have unlimited hotspot too.   I used them, on their ZTE r2 branded phone, and its was acceptable. Much better if you BYOD. You get a $100 mastercard GC if you BYOD, port, and keep for two months. (yes, you can do this, cancel and make a $50 profit).

Give em a try
I've been on visible since shortly after that post. Been great.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Altice is 20 per month again.

Offline yoshapman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Been on a work plan for last 5 years, switching jobs this week so need to find something within a week to get my number ported. DW is on a family Tmobile plan for about $30 a month all in with everything unlimited, but they can't add anyone to that plan. Trying to unlock an old Iphone 7 that was on AT&T, and then look for a new phone. Need unlimited talk/text and probably 5gb a month internet. In NYC area. Would probably buy an older version Iphone or something in the sub $200 range, just need a phone with an OK camera and for basic internet. Suggestions - going to look through this thread now, but haven't looked at plans in over 5 years so need a little guidance. Thanks!

* I saw the Altice plan but I'm a Fios customer, not Optimum.

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
Been on a work plan for last 5 years, switching jobs this week so need to find something within a week to get my number ported. DW is on a family Tmobile plan for about $30 a month all in with everything unlimited, but they can't add anyone to that plan. Trying to unlock an old Iphone 7 that was on AT&T, and then look for a new phone. Need unlimited talk/text and probably 5gb a month internet. In NYC area. Would probably buy an older version Iphone or something in the sub $200 range, just need a phone with an OK camera and for basic internet. Suggestions - going to look through this thread now, but haven't looked at plans in over 5 years so need a little guidance. Thanks!

An att iPhone 7 can be used for att prepaid or even att mvno like h20...
So if you need to port out asap those are options

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
Also redpocket is att service. 30.00 for 7gb per month

Offline yoshapman

• View Profile
An att iPhone 7 can be used for att prepaid or even att mvno like h20...
So if you need to port out asap those are options

Also have an Iphone 8 under AT&T but that one can't be "officially" unlocked until my 2 year work plan is up, which is a year from now. But I guess you're saying I can use the Iphone 7 or 8 for any of the AT&T plans above just temporarily till I figure out a plan I want? Any specific recommendations from above?

Offline yoshapman

• View Profile
Also redpocket is att service. 30.00 for 7gb per month

I see 3gb at $19 or 8gb at $30 - how fast does the SIM usually arrive? Do you just order one month online, then refill afterwards into an account. Sorry, all this is new to me for how it works.

Offline Realshlomo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile

Mint mobile is a good option. Unlimited talk and text with different options for data. Cheapest if you pay upfront for a yr

Offline yoshapman

• View Profile
Mint mobile is a good option. Unlimited talk and text with different options for data. Cheapest if you pay upfront for a yr

Mint seems decent if I pay upfront for 1 year 12gb plan at $25/month, but the phone needs to be unlocked. Trying to find out tomorrow if I can get my Iphone 7 unlocked. If yes, do you know how fast it usually takes for a sim in the mail? My only concern here is keeping my phone number. If not, seems like Red Pocket is a decent option too since I believe it will work on my locked AT&T Iphone 8, but again, need to know how fast they ship.

Offline Realshlomo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Mint seems decent if I pay upfront for 1 year 12gb plan at $25/month, but the phone needs to be unlocked. Trying to find out tomorrow if I can get my Iphone 7 unlocked. If yes, do you know how fast it usually takes for a sim in the mail? My only concern here is keeping my phone number. If not, seems like Red Pocket is a decent option too since I believe it will work on my locked AT&T Iphone 8, but again, need to know how fast they ship.
Mint I got my sim card 2 or 3 days later. Best buy is running a promotion for mint mobile for 12 months 12 gb for $240. If your iPhone is paid off you shouldn't have any issues getting it unlocked
Dont see any issue with keeping your number.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:11:47 PM by Realshlomo »