Topic Wiki

Use this website to find the best deals
https://prepaidcompare.net/#plans

Small List compiled for Flip phone service. Regular service with unlimited data and all to come.

1.Tracfone-All Carriers $20 Talk/Text 1GB ($30 for first 6 months)
1b. Unlimited talk and text, no data $15/month ($10 with auto pay)

2.Mobi-Verizon $10 (Additional $5 off the 1st three months)

3.Tello-Tmobile $8 , US Mobile.

4.HelloMobile-Tmobile $5 (first 2 months for $5)

-EXPLAINED A BIT MORE IN DETAIL-
Tracfone Wireless- (CDMA/GSM Verizon/T-Mobile/AT&T)
First 6 months at $30 plus taxes.
Pay for the first 2 months $15 each month with autopay, then use reward points for the next 4 months. Use Referral code OOAB-E354 to get you 8,000 points. You must activate and set up the rewards within 14 days of activating Phone service.
  They limit 5 uses per month, so feel free to PM before using if you want to confirm they work for this month, as well they seem to be changing the referral code after every use. So feel free to post in the thread or message me for a new code.
       The points will only kick in after 60 days of service(hence the reason for keeping paid service for 60 days) the points will kick in getting you 8,000 Points, which is enough for 4 months free. You can redeem 2,000($20) increments for a free month of service and do that for a total of 4 months free.
  Now you must turn off auto pay after the first 2 months in order for the free 4 months that you added to kick in.  If you don't turn off auto pay it will continue billing your credit card and you will not get those free months until you turn off auto pay.
 Works on CDMA or GSM.

Mobi Wireless- (Verizon/CDMA)
 $10 a month. With a referral code you can get another $5 off the 1st three months which I can give you. You need to sign up in the first week for the referral bonus to kick in.
Click here to pm me for the info.

Tello Mobile (GSM/T-Mobile)
$8 Month with Unlimited t&t and no data. Picture message might not work without data services.
$10 unlimited Talk/Text + 1GB. 60 free international destinations - UK, Canada, France etc but not Israel
(Find someone with a referral code or $10 off referral code = P3VB48C7)
wifi calling and ESim supported

Hello Mobile (GSM/T-Mobile)
 $5 Month with Talk/Text 500mb.
Unlimited calling to most international destinations. Canada/Israel/UK and many more.  2nd month free as well. Free sim card.

If you know of others please add to the wiki.
  Feel free to PM me with any questions or post in this thread so a dedicated member can help you out.

Mobi for me comes out to $14.05 in NY after taxes.
Vs
Us mobile i pool 2 phones and I  pay just $20.96 for 2 lines after tax. Both on the Verizon network

Use this website to find the best deals
https://prepaidcompare.net/#plans

H2O which runs on AT&T has a annual plan unlimited talk and text for $60 plus tax with free international calling as well

http://www.whistleout.com/cellphones
« Last edited by myi on December 04, 2022, 09:36:47 PM »

Author Topic: Need help finding a cellphone plan? Post here! US edition (Master thread)  (Read 252863 times)

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
I called ATT to find out what will happen to my remaining credit balance if I cancel out my plan by switching to prepaid (it seems like ATT prepaid is an entirely different account and balance can't be transferred). They said I would receive a credit, but then offered me a free iPhone 6S for adding a line to my account. I was unsure what that would entail and was wondering if anyone had more info on the deal...?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
AT&T Prepaid is offering double data (8GB bonus data on 8GB / $50 plan ($40 w/autopay). Seems like a very good price. I'm currently on ATT regular. Anyone know how prepaid service compares to regular in 08701?
Verizon prepaid currently has a very similar offer of 15GB for $45 with auto pay. If the service is better, I would pay the extra $5/month. It seems that Verizon recently added to this plan free calling to Canada & Mexico. I have read conflicting reports if both offer Wifi calling, as well as if service in Canada is included. Anyone have definite info on this?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
Verizon is offering $250 for bringing your own device from another carrier...Anyone familiar with this offer?
link

Visit vzw.com/digitalrebatecenter to redeem offer by using promo code BYOD250. Receive a $250 Prepaid Mastercard® when you port in your number from any wireless carrier and activate your own 4G smartphone on a new Verizon postpaid line on an eligible plan between 5/1/19 - 5/31/19. Customer must submit for redemption within 30 days of activation and your device must remain activated for 45 consecutive days. We reserve the right to charge back the amount of the Prepaid Mastercard® Card if service is cancelled within 6 months. May not be combined with other promotional offers. Your $250 Prepaid Mastercard Card will be mailed via the U.S. Postal Service within 8 weeks after receipt of claim and will be mailed to the billing address on file with Verizon Wireless. This card is issued by SUNRISE BANKS N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere Mastercard debit cards are accepted.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 03:16:51 PM by Thingywingy »

Offline bznt

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Verizon prepaid currently has a very similar offer of 15GB for $45 with auto pay. If the service is better, I would pay the extra $5/month. It seems that Verizon recently added to this plan free calling to Canada & Mexico. I have read conflicting reports if both offer Wifi calling, as well as if service in Canada is included. Anyone have definite info on this?
If you are going with Verizon. Why not go with visible $40 unlimited everything. I think it’s Tax included

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
If you are going with Verizon. Why not go with visible $40 unlimited everything. I think it’s Tax included
I don’t see such a plan. Link?

Offline bznt

• View Profile

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
I didn’t realize visible was a different company...MNVO’s don’t have same coverage in a practical level due to throttling deprioritization and other technical reasons.

Offline bznt

• View Profile
Need help finding a cellphone plan? Post here! US edition (Master thread)
« Reply #847 on: May 05, 2019, 03:43:53 PM »
I didn’t realize visible was a different company...MNVO’s don’t have same coverage in a practical level due to throttling deprioritization and other technical reasons.
It’s owned by Verizon
Read this. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rcrwireless.com/20181210/analyst-angle/kagan-visibile-wireless-verizon/amp

Plus. How wrong can you go with them. ?
After 2 months of paid service they will send you a $100 visa gift card. So they actually pay you to try them.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
It’s owned by Verizon
Read this. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rcrwireless.com/20181210/analyst-angle/kagan-visibile-wireless-verizon/amp

Plus. How wrong can you go with them. ?
After 2 months of paid service they will send you a $100 visa gift card. So they actually pay you to try them.
the article points out that unlike othe MNVO’s they are owned by Verizon. But there is no claim that the throttling and deprioritization is anyway less than with other MNVO’s. If it is, that would be significant. Also for me the WiFi calling and free to Canada are clear advantages.

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
They say that their internet is limited to 5 mbps, this is super slow

(Verizon in nyc is yo to like 80 mbps)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Verizon is offering $250 for bringing your own device from another carrier...Anyone familiar with this offer?
link

Visit vzw.com/digitalrebatecenter to redeem offer by using promo code BYOD250. Receive a $250 Prepaid Mastercard® when you port in your number from any wireless carrier and activate your own 4G smartphone on a new Verizon postpaid line on an eligible plan between 5/1/19 - 5/31/19. Customer must submit for redemption within 30 days of activation and your device must remain activated for 45 consecutive days. We reserve the right to charge back the amount of the Prepaid Mastercard® Card if service is cancelled within 6 months. May not be combined with other promotional offers. Your $250 Prepaid Mastercard Card will be mailed via the U.S. Postal Service within 8 weeks after receipt of claim and will be mailed to the billing address on file with Verizon Wireless. This card is issued by SUNRISE BANKS N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere Mastercard debit cards are accepted.
Which plans are considered “eligible plans” ?

Offline lowvoltageguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Any Verizon mvno that has WiFi calling AND Volte?
Regarding Visible it won't work on my Galaxy s8:(
It's worth too much.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
Any Verizon mvno that has WiFi calling AND Volte?
Regarding Visible it won't work on my Galaxy s8:(
I'm unsure if/what the difference between Wifi calling and Volte is but Verizon prepaid has Wifi calling. I just joined the $50/month plan which is $45 with autopay. You can save considerably on your bill if you buy prepaid reload cards online.

Offline lowvoltageguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
I'm unsure if/what the difference between Wifi calling and Volte is but Verizon prepaid has Wifi calling. I just joined the $50/month plan which is $45 with autopay. You can save considerably on your bill if you buy prepaid reload cards online.
WiFi calling is as the name suggests. It needs to be phone capable and I think the carrier too. Volte is voice over LTE but for me it means being able to talk and browse at the same time.
It's worth too much.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
WiFi calling is as the name suggests. It needs to be phone capable and I think the carrier too. Volte is voice over LTE but for me it means being able to talk and browse at the same time.
https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/News/Verizon-switches-on-prepaid-volte

Offline lowvoltageguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
It's worth too much.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
Any suggestion for a "travel" SIM in the US for someone who comes in a couple of times a year?

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Any suggestion for a "travel" SIM in the US for someone who comes in a couple of times a year?
Set up a GV number from america. Two days before every trip order a sim card with one month of service from amazon from MNVOs like H2O or such for $10-$20 and link the number theu give you thru GV.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
Would Google Fi work for them?

Offline landz124

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
I currently have Verizon (old plan XL) with 5 lines. Looking to switch or upgrade to unlimited.

How do Sprint, T-mobile and Verizon compare in Lakewood?