Topic Wiki

Use this website to find the best deals
https://prepaidcompare.net/#plans

Small List compiled for Flip phone service. Regular service with unlimited data and all to come.

1.Tracfone-All Carriers $20 Talk/Text 1GB ($30 for first 6 months)
1b. Unlimited talk and text, no data $15/month ($10 with auto pay)

2.Mobi-Verizon $10 (Additional $5 off the 1st three months)

3.Tello-Tmobile $8 , US Mobile.

4.HelloMobile-Tmobile $5 (first 2 months for $5)

-EXPLAINED A BIT MORE IN DETAIL-
Tracfone Wireless- (CDMA/GSM Verizon/T-Mobile/AT&T)
First 6 months at $30 plus taxes.
Pay for the first 2 months $15 each month with autopay, then use reward points for the next 4 months. Use Referral code OOAB-E354 to get you 8,000 points. You must activate and set up the rewards within 14 days of activating Phone service.
  They limit 5 uses per month, so feel free to PM before using if you want to confirm they work for this month, as well they seem to be changing the referral code after every use. So feel free to post in the thread or message me for a new code.
       The points will only kick in after 60 days of service(hence the reason for keeping paid service for 60 days) the points will kick in getting you 8,000 Points, which is enough for 4 months free. You can redeem 2,000($20) increments for a free month of service and do that for a total of 4 months free.
  Now you must turn off auto pay after the first 2 months in order for the free 4 months that you added to kick in.  If you don't turn off auto pay it will continue billing your credit card and you will not get those free months until you turn off auto pay.
 Works on CDMA or GSM.

Mobi Wireless- (Verizon/CDMA)
 $10 a month. With a referral code you can get another $5 off the 1st three months which I can give you. You need to sign up in the first week for the referral bonus to kick in.
Click here to pm me for the info.

Tello Mobile (GSM/T-Mobile)
$8 Month with Unlimited t&t and no data. Picture message might not work without data services.
$10 unlimited Talk/Text + 1GB. 60 free international destinations - UK, Canada, France etc but not Israel
(Find someone with a referral code or $10 off referral code = P3VB48C7)
wifi calling and ESim supported

Hello Mobile (GSM/T-Mobile)
 $5 Month with Talk/Text 500mb.
Unlimited calling to most international destinations. Canada/Israel/UK and many more.  2nd month free as well. Free sim card.

If you know of others please add to the wiki.
  Feel free to PM me with any questions or post in this thread so a dedicated member can help you out.

Mobi for me comes out to $14.05 in NY after taxes.
Vs
Us mobile i pool 2 phones and I  pay just $20.96 for 2 lines after tax. Both on the Verizon network

Use this website to find the best deals
https://prepaidcompare.net/#plans

H2O which runs on AT&T has a annual plan unlimited talk and text for $60 plus tax with free international calling as well

http://www.whistleout.com/cellphones
« Last edited by myi on December 04, 2022, 09:36:47 PM »

Author Topic: Need help finding a cellphone plan? Post here! US edition (Master thread)  (Read 256695 times)

Offline dealmaster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Talk and text at Tello is 8.00 plus tax per line.
thanks
"THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY"-US NAVY SEALS-something any growing person will always bear in mindוהוי לומד מכל אדם

Offline zb

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Need help finding a cellphone plan? Post here! US edition (Master thread)
« Reply #1141 on: August 03, 2022, 11:05:50 AM »
Looking for a better plan.
2 iPhones with unlimited and 3 flip phone with just text and talk I am
Paying $290 a month now a month with Verizon for an unlimited plan
Any ideas? Willing to put the flip phones on a different plan
Thanks!

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: August 03, 2022, 11:57:10 AM »
Thanks!
Usmobile on the Verizon network
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #1143 on: August 03, 2022, 08:50:51 PM »
Thanks!
if specific need is for verizon put the iphones on visible and get one of the 15-20 dollar txt and talk only plans on other carriers

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #1144 on: August 04, 2022, 12:17:31 AM »
Thanks!
Put flip phones on mobi which cost $10 per month for unlimited talk and text. And 1gb per month. I can give you referal code as well if you like for another 15 off.

And then find an unlmtd for the other phones. Assuming you want to stick to Verizon?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline zb

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: August 04, 2022, 09:44:42 AM »
Thank you!! Are these good service? I need them
To work well in a basement apt🤣

Offline Definitions

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: August 04, 2022, 10:19:11 PM »

Thank you!! Are these good service? I need them
To work well in a basement apt🤣
Whichever of the main carriers (TMobile, Verizon, att) work in your apt then any carrier that runs on them will work. the only difference you might see is speed because the main carriers prioritize their direct customers.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline dealmaster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: August 04, 2022, 10:50:51 PM »
do you have experience with them, on whose network do they run?
Put flip phones on mobi which cost $10 per month for unlimited talk and text. And 1gb per month. I can give you referal code as well if you like for another 15 off.

And then find an unlmtd for the other phones. Assuming you want to stick to Verizon?
same question as before- do you use them(assuming you do because you offered a referral discount) and on whose network do they run?   Thanks
"THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY"-US NAVY SEALS-something any growing person will always bear in mindוהוי לומד מכל אדם

Offline WAM

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: August 25, 2022, 02:15:28 AM »
Looking for 2 phones with talk and text to be used sparingly for kids in 5 Towns (NY) area.
Cannot have any internet or Wi-Fi.
Would prefer to pay for a block of minutes/texts instead of monthly.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 31, 2022, 01:34:26 AM »
do you have experience with them, on whose network do they run? same question as before- do you use them(assuming you do because you offered a referral discount) and on whose network do they run?   Thanks
@myi
Can this work on a 4g Verizon Galaxy S4 and S7?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: August 31, 2022, 01:42:42 AM »
@myi
Can this work on a 4g Verizon Galaxy S4 and S7?
Yes,  Verizon.
Pm me for referral code if interested.
 Google mobi to see what they're about and what the pricing is.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 31, 2022, 01:44:28 AM »
Whichever of the main carriers (TMobile, Verizon, att) work in your apt then any carrier that runs on them will work. the only difference you might see is speed because the main carriers prioritize their direct customers.
FALSE. Many MVNO's do not offer the same bands or roaming privileges and end up being considerably worse. US Mobile has issues in places where VZW works just fine. Although with some devices, especially newer ones, which have access to more or updated bands won't suffer from this.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 31, 2022, 08:20:44 AM »
FALSE. Many MVNO's do not offer the same bands or roaming privileges and end up being considerably worse. US Mobile has issues in places where VZW works just fine. Although with some devices, especially newer ones, which have access to more or updated bands won't suffer from this.
Very interesting. You would think the mvno's would try to compete and offer the exact same bands and quality as the actual company they're trailing off.

Offline Yisroel Tech

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 31, 2022, 09:02:38 AM »
Very interesting. You would think the mvno's would try to compete and offer the exact same bands and quality as the actual company they're trailing off.
But they need to make money as well... You would also think that the carriers won't sell to MNVO that give everything like them but for much cheaper than them.

Offline saul613

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • yourgelt.com
« Reply #1154 on: September 09, 2022, 12:07:11 AM »
I don't know if it makes them any better now but Tracfone is now owned by Verizon (in addition to running on their network when you use the Tracfone CDMA SIM card).

New Tracfone customers can earn 8,000 Tracfone Rewards points, redeemable for 4 FREE months on the $20 unlimited plan or any combination of $80 worth of service or add-ons.

My code still earning 8,000 points is: BVNS-D7BE

Immediately after activating or within 14 days of activation, sign up for Tracfone Rewards (rewards.tracfone.com), click on "My Dashboard" and enter code: BVNS-D7BE, and you should see a message showing that you earned 8K points.

You can do it on a computer browser or the Tracfone app, but the app may be less likely to have glitches.
There have also been some reports of people getting a double bonus by being able to add the same code to BOTH the app and the website (at around the same time I suppose), so it shouldn't hurt to try.

Please note that the $20 Unlimited Plan is found under "smartphone plans" even though it works on a flip phone as well, so select "smartphone plans" if you don't see it right away.

If you sign up for auto-refill, please be aware that Tracfone auto-refill works by buying your selected plan once a month regardless of when your service end date is, so you may want to cancel your auto-refill for the months that you are getting free service from your points.

For those who have/plan to have Talk-Only: If you'll be blocking text on your phone, be sure to sign up for rewards before you add the block, because they may send a security code by text. If you already blocked text, you should be able to sign up for rewards immediately after activating online without needing to receive a code.

Rewards are available once per lifetime of an ESN, so using a phone that was activated with Tracfone before may not earn the referral points (but you should try entering the code anyhow if you already activated and won't have another phone available within 14 days, because it may still work).

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: September 15, 2022, 01:33:32 PM »
Anyone try this?

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 15, 2022, 01:49:49 PM »
I don't know if it makes them any better now but Tracfone is now owned by Verizon (in addition to running on their network when you use the Tracfone CDMA SIM card).

New Tracfone customers can earn 8,000 Tracfone Rewards points, redeemable for 4 FREE months on the $20 unlimited plan or any combination of $80 worth of service or add-ons.

My code still earning 8,000 points is: BVNS-D7BE

Immediately after activating or within 14 days of activation, sign up for Tracfone Rewards (rewards.tracfone.com), click on "My Dashboard" and enter code: BVNS-D7BE, and you should see a message showing that you earned 8K points.

You can do it on a computer browser or the Tracfone app, but the app may be less likely to have glitches.
There have also been some reports of people getting a double bonus by being able to add the same code to BOTH the app and the website (at around the same time I suppose), so it shouldn't hurt to try.

Please note that the $20 Unlimited Plan is found under "smartphone plans" even though it works on a flip phone as well, so select "smartphone plans" if you don't see it right away.

If you sign up for auto-refill, please be aware that Tracfone auto-refill works by buying your selected plan once a month regardless of when your service end date is, so you may want to cancel your auto-refill for the months that you are getting free service from your points.

For those who have/plan to have Talk-Only: If you'll be blocking text on your phone, be sure to sign up for rewards before you add the block, because they may send a security code by text. If you already blocked text, you should be able to sign up for rewards immediately after activating online without needing to receive a code.

Rewards are available once per lifetime of an ESN, so using a phone that was activated with Tracfone before may not earn the referral points (but you should try entering the code anyhow if you already activated and won't have another phone available within 14 days, because it may still work).

Thanks @saul613 for the 8000 bonus points, just got them
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline saul613

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • yourgelt.com
« Reply #1157 on: September 15, 2022, 02:30:53 PM »
Thanks for using my code! (BVNS-D7BE) :) Enjoy the 8K points!

You can also sign into rewards on the app or website and click on "earn points". You can get a minimum of 100 points by clicking on the social media buttons twice a month. You don't actually need to post anything- clicking the Twitter or Facebook icons is enough so even those with strict filters can do it. Click both once per month and earn 100 points right away.
You can also earn 100 points by voting in the poll twice per month (this can be done once per 15 days, not both at the same time).
There's also "spin the wheel", but availability comes on and off, and recently was not ever winning a single prize, but in the past, I did see someone actually win 4500 points! All this is subject to the Tracfone Rewards site and app glitches (sometimes I completed an activity but the points never get added), but it's always worth trying! If there's a choice, the app is reported to be less glitchy. The points may take a few weeks to go from pending to available. If you earn 200 points that's a minimum of 1 month free per year on the $20 plan!

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 15, 2022, 03:54:03 PM »
You'll be better off switching to mobi for $10 a month after the first 6 Months.
 Can write up a basic list of the best Verizon phone plans.

And you have to make sure he continues to use the tracfone service for the points to post after 60 days.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 15, 2022, 03:55:33 PM »
@momo Reach out to one of these members for info about tello.

Or here's a little list I compiled.

Small List compiled for Flip phone service. Regular service with unlimited data and all to come.

1.Tracfone-All Carriers $20 ($30 for first 6 months)

2.Mobi-Verizon $10 (Additional $5 off the 1st three months)

3.Tello-Tmobile $8

4.HelloMobile-Tmobile $5 (first 2 months for $5)

-EXPLAINED A BIT MORE IN DETAIL-
Tracfone Wireless- (CDMA/GSM Verizon/T-Mobile/AT&T)
First 6 months at $30 plus taxes.
Pay for the first 2 months $15 each month with autopay, then use reward points for the next 4 months. Use Referral code NBFY-E624 to get you 8,000 points. You must activate and set up the rewards within 14 days of activating Phone service.
       The points will only kick in after 60 days of service(hence the reason for keeping paid service for 60 days) the points will kick in getting you 8,000 Points, which is enough for 4 months free. You can redeem 2,000($20) increments for a free month of service and do that for a total of 4 months free.
  Now you must turn off auto pay after the first 2 months in order for the free 4 months that you added to kick in.  If you don't turn off auto pay it will continue billing your credit card and you will not get those free months until you turn off auto pay.
 Works on CDMA or GSM.

Mobi Wireless- (Verizon/CDMA)
 $10 a month. With a referral code you can get another $5 off the 1st three months which I can give you. You need to sign up in the first week for the referral bonus to kick in.
Click here to pm me for the info.

Tello Mobile (GSM/T-Mobile)
 $8 Month with Unlimited t&t. But no data. Picture message might not work without data services.
 Though for another $1 you can get 500mb($9) or at $10 you can get, Talk/Text 1GB. (Find someone with a referral code.)

Hello Mobile (GSM/T-Mobile)
 $5 Month with Talk/Text 500mb.
Unlimited calling to most international destinations. Canada/Israel/UK and many more.  2nd month free as well. Free sim card.

If you know of others please add to the wiki.
  Feel free to PM me with any questions or post in this thread so a dedicated member can help you.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 05:03:56 PM by myi »