Author Topic: Police brutality towards CH boy  (Read 13910 times)

Offline smee123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Police brutality towards CH boy
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2014, 03:26:02 PM »
I meant the officer deserves something, jail time or at least being sued.

Offline CS1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2014, 03:34:19 PM »
Vega was placed on limited duty, however, they were all involved in a vicious beating of someone who was laying on a couch, clearly not a threat to anyone.

I've been in that room. It's on the ground level. The 9 officers who came swarming in from that front doorway to "attack" the unarmed guy were completely out of line.
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline Menachem613

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2014, 04:44:37 PM »

true he was resisting, but maybe he was not read his rights/did not understand the English language.
Yes, the officers were incompetent and out of control. They acted as if they were angry at him Yes, he deserves a lot more money.
Just the 2 nights in prison and false charges against him is $100K.
Another $750,000 for multiple long beatings, imo.

In any case, that doesn't deserve 6 people surrounding him and physically beating him for several minutes.
They lied in the police report that he assaulted the Officer and caused injuries to the police. That was going to be a 7 year prison sentence against him.

The prosecutors only dropped the charges after the video was found and made public. If not for the video, their lie would translate to an innocent person in prison for 7 years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/25/nyregion/ehud-halevy-beaten-by-officers-at-jewish-youth-center-recounts-episode.html?_r=0

http://collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=22158&hl=ehud

V'asisu lohem kaasher zumom.

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2014, 05:07:11 PM »
I underestimated. He spent FOUR days on Rikers Island!!! Only $25K "award" settlement per 24 hr day/night. How about $750K for those vicious beatings.
They were out of contol.
This was NOT an organized structure of police protocol that they were following. Ehud was falsely accused of:

Quote from: http://collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=22158&hl=ehud
" Halevi was held on Rikers Island for four days and charged with nine counts of criminal activity which included assaulting and injuring an officer."
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline efflpetzel

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2014, 12:34:24 PM »
the joke is that we the taxpayers end up paying his settlement

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2014, 12:51:14 PM »
First- is it settled that his time at rikers was unwarranted?  It says the counts "included" assaulting a police officer, but I assume there were other criminal charges against him independent of this incident.

Second- I think the video looks worse than it is.  If he was really pounding him that hard in the face, I'd expect at least a bloody nose.  I'm not able to see any damage to his face at all in the face shot of him @4:30.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline YankyDoodle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2014, 09:50:14 PM »
First- is it settled that his time at rikers was unwarranted?  It says the counts "included" assaulting a police officer, but I assume there were other criminal charges against him independent of this incident.
Why would there be other unrelated charges?

Offline BigDanFan

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Biz Platinum, Amex Business Gold, Chase Ink Bold, SW, Delta Gold,etc...
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2014, 08:27:47 PM »

Second- I think the video looks worse than it is.  If he was really pounding him that hard in the face, I'd expect at least a bloody nose.  I'm not able to see any damage to his face at all in the face shot of him @4:30.
First - They dropped all charges. These were completely false claims.
The cops basically lied about this innocent person that they found sleeping in private property. He had permission to be there.
(The outside watchperson called police, but there was no reason for police to be called to begin with.)

Second - He was beaten for 4 - 5 minutes straight. He was surrounded by more than 10 cops. He was painfully yanked into a standing position from laying face down on the cold floor his hands already handcuffed behind his back. Uneccesary roughness. He had already been beaten, subdued, and cuffed.

They were not following police protocol from the beginning and they were aggressively taking out their anger on him throughout.
Had his skin been of a different color, then the white cops/NY taxpayers would have been charged $1 million dollars.
He was a random white Jew in the middle of the night who was falsely accused of assualting a police officer.
In addition to the FOUR days that he spent in Rikers, he would have faced a 7 year prison sentence. It would be his word against theirs. B"H for the video camera. GO Aliyah!  (If the lawyer gets 30% and Aliyah can get $20K as a thank you for the camera, then all he's left with is $50K. IMO:
1) He should get at least 10 X that.
2) The cops should all pay $50,000 each to contribute to his settlement.

#DDSCLE,#DDSLA, spg platinum 2016,

Offline menachem_m

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2014, 08:40:07 PM »
Maybe there was no reason for the police to be called, but once the security guard DID call, whether rightfully or not, it's completely irrelevant.

Resisting arrest is resisting arrest, regardless of whether you feel they should have been there or not.

Offline BigDanFan

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Biz Platinum, Amex Business Gold, Chase Ink Bold, SW, Delta Gold,etc...
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2014, 08:46:43 PM »
Maybe there was no reason for the police to be called, but once the security guard DID call, whether rightfully or not, it's completely irrelevant.

Resisting arrest is resisting arrest, regardless of whether you feel they should have been there or not.
His four days in Rikers was due to false charges that he assaulted an officer. They lied on their report and wrote that he assaulted them/a cop.

They would have stuck to that story and prosecuted him for a crime that he did not commit. Until they were shown the video. That charge gets 7 years in prison.

#DDSCLE,#DDSLA, spg platinum 2016,