Author Topic: Police brutality towards CH boy  (Read 13903 times)

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Police brutality towards CH boy
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
(What about the guy that called on him?! I'm pretty sure that he's part of) the "Shomrim" they get involved in everything and anything, and cause major problems in CH!
How true, so unfortunate, אוי ויי לנו,
 מהרסייך ומחריבייך ממך יצאו.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:16:45 PM by Galitzyaner »

Offline daganster

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Re: Police brutality towards CH boy
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »
Unfortunately you're so so right, .מהרסיך ומחריביך - ממך יצאו

There was a married guy on Simchas torah that was drunk and needed hatzalah, somehow the "shomrim" got involved started a major brawl and called the cops. It was all unnecessary hatzalah could have manged the issue without them.

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 03:10:26 PM »
There was a married guy on Simchas torah that was drunk and needed hatzalah, somehow the "shomrim" got involved started a major brawl and called the cops. It was all unnecessary hatzalah could have manged the issue without them.
The amount of tzores they have brought (and continue to bring) onto CH is immeasurable, they are a very sad but true story.

A gang of troublemakers that have to report to no one יצא שכרם בהפסידם.

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 09:08:58 PM »
What about the guy that called on him?! I'm pretty sure that he's part of the "Shomrim" they get involved in everything and anything, and cause major problems in CH!
I don't want to start any arguments or rumors, but after watching the video, I'm highly curious (suspicious) if there was any "provocateuring", some characters (partially described in your comment) combined with what I see in the video, really make me wonder ..

On a side note, I'm (unfortunately) impressed it made it onto every major news station in NYC, wow!

Offline SamDaMan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 01:13:30 AM »
No matter what he said to instigate the beating he got,  after he was in their control they still beat him!!  Nothing he can say deserves that!
But I'm still proud to be from clev!

Offline askmoses

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 02:45:54 AM »
http://www.crownheights.info/index.php?itemid=47564
A quote from the above linked article
"According to a criminal complaint, the officers said Mr. Halevy had attacked them, causing one to suffer a sprained wrist, during an encounter on Oct. 8 in the Alternative Learning Institute for Young Adults on East New York Avenue in Crown Heights. Mr. Halevy was charged with a felony count of assault on police officers."

So the police mercilessly, senselessly, needlessly, and illegally use this guy for Muay Thai practice (I'm almost certain I noticed a knee thrown at the 3:05 mark which is why I use the reference) and then charge the victim for them hurting their wrist while beating him up! The way this looked to me, if they were already going to do the deed, they should have taped their wrists up and laced on some MMA gloves! Enough that they beat the snot out of the guy, but they blame him for their crappy technique that lead to injury too?? ::)

This is one of the things I can't stand about NY. They are busy regulating what size soda bottle I can be entrusted to buy, but don't focus on the real issues. Everyone knows the 71st Precinct has a deservedly terrible reputation. The police abuse the community in CH but as they are also the ones who control what the crime statistics say, on paper they look great!

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 05:13:37 AM »
Doesn't howbhebthrew down the handcuffs show something about the officer. It looked like a hockey player throwing the gloves off and excited to get into a brawl...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 07:56:49 AM »
I know, i might get some heat for making this statement, but will still say it

The police was called to the place by someone claiming, he had no authority to stay there. They get there:A half naked guy sleeping in a youth center (he looks like a drunk or homeless on the video) whatever happens i cant hear, but they want to arrest him, probably figuring out if he is allowed to be there and he is clearly resisting arrest and being quite unruly... In america, when you resist arrest and start fighting with cops you get beaten up, until the cuffs are on and thats what happened here.

Would he have been better of getting tasered?

The cop does give a very bad picture in his boxing position, not defending him 100%, but i do think its not as bad as guys make it.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 08:42:32 AM »
I know, i might get some heat for making this statement, but will still say it

The police was called to the place by someone claiming, he had no authority to stay there. They get there:A half naked guy sleeping in a youth center (he looks like a drunk or homeless on the video) whatever happens i cant hear, but they want to arrest him, probably figuring out if he is allowed to be there and he is clearly resisting arrest and being quite unruly... In america, when you resist arrest and start fighting with cops you get beaten up, until the cuffs are on and thats what happened here.

Would he have been better of getting tasered?

The cop does give a very bad picture in his boxing position, not defending him 100%, but i do think its not as bad as guys make it.

+1
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 09:01:26 AM »
+1
+2
And what are the odds the guy was not drunk?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline regalhome

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 09:02:26 AM »
Update with witness commenting
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 09:55:25 AM »
+2
And what are the odds the guy was not drunk?

I dont know if he was drunk, but most normal people  would not fight a arrest the way he did, as you know what happens. At least after the first 10 seconds beating he would stop fighting the arrest

The video is basically what I said. Someone from the center called the police (blame this guy!!!) and said they want him to leave, he even told them he is the head of security. He refused the orders from the police and when they wanted to handcuff him he refused and became unruly, so he got beaten, hoping to break his resistance. They couldnt get the cuffs on, so they used pepperspray. Its very hard for 2 officers to cuff a guy if he resists, especially if one is a women that doesnt have to much strength. When they got help, they cuffed him and stopped right away

I am not so sure if this is called excesive force if you consider all the facts

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 10:42:13 AM »

I dont know if he was drunk, but most normal people  would not fight a arrest the way he did, as you know what happens. At least after the first 10 seconds beating he would stop fighting the arrest

The video is basically what I said. Someone from the center called the police (blame this guy!!!) and said they want him to leave, he even told them he is the head of security. He refused the orders from the police and when they wanted to handcuff him he refused and became unruly, so he got beaten, hoping to break his resistance. They couldnt get the cuffs on, so they used pepperspray. Its very hard for 2 officers to cuff a guy if he resists, especially if one is a women that doesnt have to much strength. When they got help, they cuffed him and stopped right away

Did you watch the video? ???
Did you see how easy it was for backup to cuff him, these guys were mad that he didn't put his head between his legs and get cuffed so they beat him up - that's what i thought you wrote the first time but I don't agree with this

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 10:50:53 AM »
He mouthed off to the cops and then resisted arrest. What happened next was pretty predictable. Not saying it was the right way to handle it just predictable.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »
He mouthed off to the cops and then resisted arrest. What happened next was pretty predictable. Not saying it was the right way to handle it just predictable.

I don't know. Predictable he was going to be physically restrained? Yes. But I don't think the cop repeatedly punching him in the face and beating him over the head with a nightstick was predictable given his level of resistance.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 11:02:50 AM »
It is like when you take the police on a car chase. They are pissed and when they catch you there is a high probability you are going to get beat on. Is it right, of course not.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline FgfWr

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 01:53:57 PM »
This post is a complete opposite of your screen name. The guy may have resisted but 1) was there a valid reason for arrest and 2) he was beaten savagely and while crouching in a defensive position.

You sure don't consider the facts.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »
Poor guy, definitely didn't deserve that kind of treatment....

He is a real tough guy, others would have been crying in pain.

Offline Lev

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis Pr.
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »
Not sure of he's tough or extremely intoxicated to the point of not feeling the pain of all those blows!
I'm talking from experience... lol! Maybe some of you can relate

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 02:47:47 PM »
Not sure of he's tough or extremely intoxicated to the point of not feeling the pain of all those blows!
I'm talking from experience... lol! Maybe some of you can relate
+1 not saying I can relate bit I was thinking the same thing.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)