Author Topic: Am I Dreaming?? Can I be this lucky?? :)  (Read 9987 times)

Offline Fefferkorn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Am I Dreaming?? Can I be this lucky?? :)
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »
You didn't look good enough, its on the left side.
I'm sorry, I do not see it. I clicked on absolutely every option on my Citi Identity Monitor account and I cannot see any CR other than Experian. Can you please tell me what to click on?
There is nothing to click on on the left side...

I would like to call the collection agency today, but I first have to be sure that this item is not on ANY of my CR's.

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2012, 02:58:42 PM »
I'm sorry, I do not see it. I clicked on absolutely every option on my Citi Identity Monitor account and I cannot see any CR other than Experian. Can you please tell me what to click on?
There is nothing to click on on the left side...

Last month I did the same thing (clicked on the left side) and got my 3-in-1.  If you can't find it with mesheugener's directions, then call Citi Identity Monitor and have them walk you through it.  They might be able to active your 3-in-1 over the phone as well.

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »
BINGO!
Based on lengthy research, I found out that calling them on the phone is NOT an option at all.
Was told that paying in full can have bad results as well because they might report it as "paid in full" to the CRA, which won't look that pretty either.
Was advised to send them a letter requesting them to validate the debt, thereby stopping them from taking any further action until they validate my debt and that they're allowed to collect it.
In the meantime, I would try to pay ConEdison directly so they won't be able to validate anything..

Their letter was dated 10/2 but I only received it about 10/7 or 10/8.
I mailed my letter back to them yesterday, and it still hasn't gone out due to the hurricane the post office is backed up.
Does anyone know if this still counts as within 30 days of receiving their notice? Or are my 30 days up on 11/2 (today) since their letter is dated on the 2nd as well, although I got it about 5 days later?

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »
I think these questions you'd be better off asking it on CreditBoards.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2012, 10:22:08 PM »
Based on lengthy research, I found out that calling them on the phone is NOT an option at all.
Was told that paying in full can have bad results as well because they might report it as "paid in full" to the CRA, which won't look that pretty either.
Was advised to send them a letter requesting them to validate the debt, thereby stopping them from taking any further action until they validate my debt and that they're allowed to collect it.
In the meantime, I would try to pay ConEdison directly so they won't be able to validate anything..

Their letter was dated 10/2 but I only received it about 10/7 or 10/8.
I mailed my letter back to them yesterday, and it still hasn't gone out due to the hurricane the post office is backed up.
Does anyone know if this still counts as within 30 days of receiving their notice? Or are my 30 days up on 11/2 (today) since their letter is dated on the 2nd as well, although I got it about 5 days later?

I did a validation demand to the CRA, not the debtor for obvious reasons (U.S. Dept of Education). I gave them 30 days from the date of letter. I took my time (5 days) sending the letter certified return receipt. I had nothing to lose so I took a long shot and apparently it worked. In my case of writing the CRA, it was a followup to the initial online dispute with the debt, where they denied it (stupid me doing it online). Two days after they closed the dispute they got the letter and reopened it. I guess they couldn't validate it and I was betting on that. I thought I lost the case because I saw my score go back down. After I returned from China and did an app-o-ramma I noticed too many alerts from that CRA. I pulled it and found my score back up again. Turned immediately around, lifted my freeze and got Ink Plus.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:31:22 PM by scwam »

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2012, 10:16:17 PM »
OK a little more insight into this story:
I sent out the DV letter last week, about 28 days after October 2nd, the date of the CA's letter (about 23 days after I received the letter in the mail), according to USPS it will get there tomorrow. Does that count as within 30 days?

I called up ConEdison and they told me that I can try to go down to their office and they might take a payment from me, on the other hand, they said they do not know this collection agency. The only collection agency that "supposedly" they dealt with and have on record is VAN RU (which, seems like, they sold this debt to I.C. System).
Based on this, do I need to go and try to pay ConEdison or is this a win no matter what because the new collection agency just bought it from VAN RU and thus, will no be able to validate this debt cause they weren't in contact with ConEdison at any point?
Or is it enough for them to validate that they bought this off of VAN RU who bought it off ConEdison?