Author Topic: How do I set up twitter tweets for dansdeals???  (Read 6101 times)

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Re: How do I set up twitter tweets for dansdeals???
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 09:09:48 AM »
When you follow someone online you don't necessarily get their tweets on your phone, you have to click get texts.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline dirah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 09:12:50 AM »
How do you get tweets to be delivered in email inbox?

Offline newcomer

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 10:03:08 AM »
Dan had written on DD that there was a way to set up a time that you don't want the tweets to come in.  Does anyone know how to do it?

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 10:04:18 AM »
Go to settings.

Offline Moishel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 10:16:24 AM »
Dan, I come to your site at least once a day, and I browse the forums almost every day, and I do follow you on twitter but don't really check it very often.
But I almost missed this ElAl deal if not for a text I got from a friend about the deal, because I usually come here after work.
So the deals like this that can be shut down in a matter of minutes can be missed even by a regular reader, my suggestion is to set up a separate twitter account for the “sizzling” deals, or just add a specific keyword to those tweets so I can set up to follow that keyword? Let's say you add the word "sizzling" or "hurry" to those grab it or lose it deals, so I can set up an IFFFT recipe to text me when it sees that keyword in your twitter stream.

What do you guys think?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 10:22:54 AM »
Dan, I come to your site at least once a day, and I browse the forums almost every day, and I do follow you on twitter but don't really check it very often.
But I almost missed this ElAl deal if not for a text I got from a friend about the deal, because I usually come here after work.
So the deals like this that can be shut down in a matter of minutes can be missed even by a regular reader, my suggestion is to set up a separate twitter account for the “sizzling” deals, or just add a specific keyword to those tweets so I can set up to follow that keyword? Let's say you add the word "sizzling" or "hurry" to those grab it or lose it deals, so I can set up an IFFFT recipe to text me when it sees that keyword in your twitter stream.

What do you guys think?
I received this tweet at11:12AM "SIZZILING! RUN!!! JFK To Tel Aviv For just $336.80 Round-trip with taxes" Which part of that did not say AMAZING and HURRY? It was a full 3 hours before the deal was fully dead... I got the tweet and booked as many tickets as I needed with plenty of time. I just read all the tweets, same as I read all my texts, and based on what I read I know how good the deal is.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Moishel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 10:32:05 AM »
Well, I don't use twitter like most people, I just go on there when I'm bored, like in the elevator or waiting rooms, and to get all the deals by text would be a pain since I'll anyways see them on my computer in a matter of hours, I just want to get the ones that need immediate attention. I know I'm spoiled, I'm just asking.

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 10:34:01 AM »
Well, I don't use twitter like most people, I just go on there when I'm bored, like in the elevator or waiting rooms, and to get all the deals by text would be a pain since I'll anyways see them on my computer in a matter of hours, I just want to get the ones that need immediate attention. I know I'm spoiled, I'm just asking.
And if your friend starts texting you too much do you tell him to stop its too many texts and you're anyway gona see him later?
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline Moishel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »
And if your friend starts texting you too much do you tell him to stop its too many texts and you're anyway gona see him later?
Sure as heck I do, I'll tell him to stop texting me nonsense and text me only when he has something important to say.

Am I really asking for something that crazy, that you guys are all over me on this?

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 10:42:48 AM »
Sure as heck I do, I'll tell him to stop texting me nonsense and text me only when he has something important to say.

Am I really asking for something that crazy, that you guys are all over me on this?
No, just I get all Dans texts and I dont see a problem looking quick if its interesting or not...
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 10:45:10 AM »

Yes. basically your saying that people never want to go to your website unlss it is a price mistake and an unbelievable deal.  I kinda like the stuff you post (not good enough that I'd be bothered to read a 180 character text 4 times a day.) So if you could just send me the good ones that'd be great.

In short that is what your request sounded like to me. Even if it's not your intent and you really do end up going on every day, others don't and would ONLY use this service as oppose to the regular twitter. Now if you suggested a payed service or premium for say big forum members etc. that's a different story...

Offline Moishel

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »
How many texts a day are they on average?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 10:51:43 AM »
between 2-5 I'd say average is 3.5 Just a guesstimate

Offline Moishel

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 11:55:38 AM »
You got me all wrong, I go on to the site each on every day, but once or twice a day is not enough if you don't want to miss the hot deals that can last for mere minutes, that's why I wanted to be alerted via text about them. Feel me?

And I thought that they are more then 2-3 tweets a day, but if that's the case I'll just sign up to get the tweets via SMS.

Offline newcomer

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 03:50:56 PM »
I just signed up and got more than that in the past 30 hours.  Got around 10 since Wed night when I signed up.  Not sure if it's a busy time or this is the regular.

Offline shmuelb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »
Hi!

Is there a way to get just emails without using texts to phone, if someone does not have a phone etc.?
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 09:29:52 PM »
Hi!

Is there a way to get just emails without using texts to phone, if someone does not have a phone etc.?
i dont think so...i just signed up for the twitter though after missing a few great deals

Offline Tzviks

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 10:40:25 PM »
I signed up to follow on Twitter. Any ideas why I don't get a text for every new post? (besides for the hours I asked not to get notifications)

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2012, 09:27:33 AM »
Did you sign up via SMS or online?
If you did it online make sure to click 'get texts'.

Offline Tzviks

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2012, 10:28:50 PM »
Can someone explain why I get most tweets texted to my phone, but not all of them? I didn't get any of them tonight and it's not the time I requested not to receive texts.

Thanks