Author Topic: barclays us airways  (Read 4907 times)

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: barclays us airways
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 02:18:48 PM »
It's usually the cc who takes off the balance because of the low amount.
Difference is if you'll get the signup bonus.
It worked for the Barclays US airways.  However I also had the same sort of story with a Chase Marriott, I spent 25 cents on a parking Muni Meter.  Chase refunded me the 25 cents but never gave me my signup bonus. So I initially shelved the card but now when I got the statement I realize I gotta spend again..
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 02:28:31 PM by Galitzyaner »

Offline MEIR613

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 02:26:28 PM »
Difference is you'll get the signup bonus.
It worked for the Barclays US airways.  However I also had the same sort of story with a Chase Marriott, I spent 25 cents on a parking Muni Meter.  Chase refunded me the 25 cents but never gave me my signup bonus. So I initially shelved the card but now when I got the statement I realize I gotta spend again..
This probably doesn't belong in this thread but after reading your post I wanted to ask what's the big deal to spend a $1 to not have problems with getting sign up bonuses the 50 or 75cents is gonna make a difference... Its not worth the risk and time of not getting a sign up bonus IMO

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: barclays us airways
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
This probably doesn't belong in this thread but after reading your post I wanted to ask what's the big deal to spend a $1 to not have problems with getting sign up bonuses the 50 or 75cents is gonna make a difference... Its not worth the risk and time of not getting a sign up bonus IMO
Correct, it's just that I had no idea that 25cents wouldn't qualify as a first purchase, that's all.

But in addition to that, as I wrote before, this may be a good idea for how to pay for parking (at least sometimes).

Offline mow

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: barclays us airways
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 02:36:11 PM »
us air biz
Where is the link for biz is it another 40?

Offline MEIR613

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: barclays us airways
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »
Correct, it's just that I had no idea that 25cents wouldn't qualify as a first purchase, that's all.

But in addition to that, as I wrote before, this may be a good idea for how to pay for parking (at least sometimes).
I agree. Me personally I don't shelf cards because I try to spend at least a dollar on every card because I think its better for your credit to have a balance at the end of the statement and then pay in full but then again that's MOHI

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: barclays us airways
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »
I agree. Me personally I don't shelf cards because I try to spend at least a dollar on every card because I think its better for your credit to have a balance at the end of the statement and then pay in full but then again that's MOHI
I theoretically agree, but there are just so many sign-up bonuses to fulfill and keep track of.

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 02:13:12 AM »
Difference is if you'll get the signup bonus.
Well, actually a month later the [other = Chase Marriott] signup bonus actually posted!  So, I so far got two signup bonuses [not only] without spending a penny [but also earning a dollar via Chase and Barclay's never chargiing me] :D

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 02:16:03 AM »
Well, actually a month later the [other = Chase Marriott] signup bonus actually posted!  So, I so far got two signup bonuses [not only] without spending a penny [but also earning a dollar via Chase and Barclay's never chargiing me] :D

This is risky behavior. Too many bonuses without read spending on the cards, and the issuers stop approving you. (it's not common, but definitely theoretically possible)
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 02:21:27 AM »
This is risky behavior. Too many bonuses without read spending on the cards, and the issuers stop approving you. (it's not common, but definitely theoretically possible)
I did spend on the cards, I never asked them to refund the charges!
Honestly, they were both unintentional, not even experiments.  All my previous signup bonuses were gotten with more being spent (maybe a buck ;)).  But thanks for the heads up, appreciate it!

BTW, are you basing this on past occurrences?  Or just gut theory?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 02:33:44 AM »
BTW, are you basing this on past occurrences?  Or just gut theory?

I don't think it's common at all, but I seem to recall once such report.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)