Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 88139 times)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
Re: Avatars
« Reply #810 on: February 07, 2021, 09:17:59 PM »
Hey @TimT how about this:

He may be more interested in a mug that says this on it...

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 07, 2021, 09:19:51 PM »
He may be more interested in a mug that says this on it...
Already got that from the wife :)

Online Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #812 on: February 07, 2021, 09:21:35 PM »
Already got that from the wife :)

Wow. Kinda takes on a different meaning when it's your wife and not JJ saying it...
When you find yourself agreeing with me more often than not, it's time for a cheshbon hanefesh.

Online Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 07, 2021, 09:38:30 PM »

you knew something like this was coming :)

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #814 on: February 09, 2021, 02:11:02 PM »
In the spirit of the election, I updated my avatar. Plan to revert back after...

(yes, photoshop is not my strong suit)
How long after?
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 09, 2021, 07:20:26 PM »
How long after?
I already changed it from that when Congress certified the vote.

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 38
    • View Profile
  • Programs: @myi so list them as Dan does!
« Reply #816 on: February 16, 2021, 09:49:51 PM »
@AsherO perhaps we can get a clearer image? (And some background)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 16, 2021, 09:55:37 PM »
@AsherO perhaps we can get a clearer image? (And some background)

Hereís a better one:

The intent here isnít to gloat, I was just so touched that they chose to make my a coupon of my own called AsherO, very much in the spirit of DansDeals

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 38
    • View Profile
  • Programs: @myi so list them as Dan does!
« Reply #818 on: February 16, 2021, 09:57:43 PM »
Hereís a better one:

The intent here isnít to gloat, I was just so touched that they chose to make my a coupon of my own called AsherO, very much in the spirit of DansDeals
Cool! Which company was so kind?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 16, 2021, 09:58:52 PM »
Cool! Which company was so kind?

Canít say, I donít plan on redeeming the coupon :P

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8015
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #820 on: February 17, 2021, 10:35:05 AM »
Canít say, I donít plan on redeeming the coupon :P
All the more reason to say!

Maybe we can 500BM it if we time it right :P
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 17, 2021, 11:18:50 AM »
All the more reason to say!

Maybe we can 500BM it if we time it right :P

I don't want to use the coupon because I want them to make $$$ when I patronize the business, so why would I want y'all to 50BM them?

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 17, 2021, 11:59:40 AM »
Deals Forum Moderator Canceled After Expressing Sympathy for Deal-Targeted Company

A moderator on the prominent deals forum site DansDeals Forums has been booted from the site after he posted that he will refrain from allowing site users to access a certain coupon because "I want [the company] to make [money] when I patronize the business."

The now-former moderator, who went by the username AsherO, added that he did not want users to "50BM" the company - an acronym for "50 Browser Method," a tactic deals buffs use to utilize a single-use coupon multiple times.

AsherO was summarily fired. In a statement, site administrator JJ Eleff, a younger brother of the site's founder, wrote that dissuading users from getting deals is "contrary to what we stand for as a consumer-first brand," and that "there is no room in our company for soft-heartedness towards big brands." He also compared the post to an incident in which a Spirit Airlines employee was fired for doing a favor, a story that was previously reported by DansDeals Magazine.

The move is surprising as AsherO is one of the earliest members of the forum. His journey to being a moderator began in 2008, when he posted an the forum's first thread, "I wanna be a mod too." That became a real-life dream for the aspiring leader, but that all came crashing down with his post this week.

Some forum members are angry over the unexpected dismissal. "This cancel culture has to stop," forum member Euclid said. Others, led by member PlatinumGuy, assert that it's a free country and that forums owners can fire whomever they please.

It is unclear what AsherO plans to do going forward, though it's likely that he plans to devote his energy to building up his new hat company.

Rumors have circulated that the firing was done without the consent of site founder Bentzion Friedman, as the founder, known by his nickname Daniel Eleff, seems to have been abducted by American Airlines, possibly in retaliation for the notable blogger's activity which has seriously impacted their profits.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 19, 2021, 12:58:40 AM »
Deals Forum Moderator Canceled After Expressing Sympathy for Deal-Targeted Company

A moderator on the prominent deals forum site DansDeals Forums has been booted from the site after he posted that he will refrain from allowing site users to access a certain coupon because "I want [the company] to make [money] when I patronize the business."

The now-former moderator, who went by the username AsherO, added that he did not want users to "50BM" the company - an acronym for "50 Browser Method," a tactic deals buffs use to utilize a single-use coupon multiple times.

AsherO was summarily fired. In a statement, site administrator JJ Eleff, a younger brother of the site's founder, wrote that dissuading users from getting deals is "contrary to what we stand for as a consumer-first brand," and that "there is no room in our company for soft-heartedness towards big brands." He also compared the post to an incident in which a Spirit Airlines employee was fired for doing a favor, a story that was previously reported by DansDeals Magazine.

The move is surprising as AsherO is one of the earliest members of the forum. His journey to being a moderator began in 2008, when he posted an the forum's first thread, "I wanna be a mod too." That became a real-life dream for the aspiring leader, but that all came crashing down with his post this week.

Some forum members are angry over the unexpected dismissal. "This cancel culture has to stop," forum member Euclid said. Others, led by member PlatinumGuy, assert that it's a free country and that forums owners can fire whomever they please.

It is unclear what AsherO plans to do going forward, though it's likely that he plans to devote his energy to building up his new hat company.

Rumors have circulated that the firing was done without the consent of site founder Bentzion Friedman, as the founder, known by his nickname Daniel Eleff, seems to have been abducted by American Airlines, possibly in retaliation for the notable blogger's activity which has seriously impacted their profits.
Memo
To: YS
You forgot to mention his history of embezzlement and of being overly aggressive. Also, make sure to update his bio.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 01:13:10 AM by YitzyS »