Topic Wiki

Related Threads
Click here for NYC hotels.
Click here for more info on Manhattan restaurants.
Click here for more info on Brooklyn restaurants.
Click here for day trips from NYC.
Click here for 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread.

Restaurants

Manhattan
Name Phone                      Address                           Dairy/Meat/Parve    Hashgacha
18212-517-2400      240 E. 81st (2nd & 3rd)M                      OK
Ladino Tapas212-265-6520        940 8th Ave (W 55th & W 56th) OU
NoiDue212-712-2222    143 West 69th (Bdwy & Columbus)D                      NKS R’ Mehlman
Soom Soom212-712-2525    166 W. 72nd (Amst. & Columbus)P                      NKS R’ Mehlman
Mike's Bistro 212-799-3911         127 E. 54th (Park & Lexington)M                            OU
My Most Favorite Food 212-580-5130       247 W. 72nd (Broadway & West End)D                            OK
Bagels & Co.212-496-9400        393 Amsterdam (79th)D                  R' Yaakov Neiman
Estihana212-501-0393        221 W. 79 St. (Broadway & Amst.)M                  Vaad Flatbush
Grill 212   212-724-7455   212 W. 80th (Bdway & Amsterdam)M          R’ Avrohom Marmorstein
PrimeKo212-496-1888   217 W. 85th (Broadway & Amsterdam)M          OU
Kasbah212-496-1500   251 W. 85th (Broadway & West End)M          OK
Alibaba212-787-6008   515 Amsterdam (W. 85th)M               R’ Avrohom Marmorstein
Coffee Bean212-799-1444   200 W. 86th (Cor. Amsterdam)D               KOF-K
Bagel Basket212-721-1800   618 Amsterdam (W. 89th & 90th)D               NKS R’ Mehlman
Kosher Marketplace212-580-6378   2442 Broadway (90 & 91)Take OutR’ Avrohom Marmorstein
Amsterdam Buger Co       212-362-0700        654 Amsterdam (W.92nd)M         R’ Avrohom Marmorstein
Supersol212-222-6332   661 Amsterdam (W. 92nd & 93rd)Take Out     Vaad of Riverdale
Talia's Steakhouse212-580-3770   668 Amsterdam (92nd & 93rd)M          R’ Avrohom Marmorstein
Gan Asia212-280-3800   691 Amsterdam (W. 93rd & 94th)M           R’ Avrohom Marmorstein
Screme Gelato Bar212-663-1362   176 W. 94th St (& Amsterdam)D    NKS R’ Mehlman
Dunkin Donuts212-864-1046   687 Amsterdam (W. 94th)D                                NKS R’ Mehlman
Cafe Roma212-875-8972   854 Amsterdam (W. 101st & 102nd)           D                  R’ Avrohom Marmorstein

Brooklyn

NameLocationTypeHechsherReview
Carlos & Gabby'sFlatbushMeat, Mexican

Queens

???VHQ

Long Island

???

Please add restaurants and activities from the following links:
Manhattan
Brooklyn
Queens
Long Island

Activities

Manhattan
NameAddressKids?Review
American Museum of Natural History     200 Central Park West  New York, NY 10024     Yes     
Bryant Park Ice Skating and Winter VillageYes
Intrepid Sea Air and Space MuseumYes
Macy's Inflation Celebration (see the Thanksgiving Day Parade floats being blown up on Thanksgiving Eve) 79th and ColumbusYes
MoMANo
Times Square
NEW! Samsung 837837 Washington St, New York, NY 10014Yes
Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET)
Statue of Liberty / Ellis Island
Jewish Musem
Guggenheim Museum
Central Park Boating
Central Park Ice Skating (Winter)
Central Park Zoo
Rockefeller Center Ice Skating (Winter)
One World Observatory / Ground Zero
Empire State Building Observatory
30 Rock Observatory
Mini Golf at Pier 25 (Summer)
Bowlmor Lanes 42nd Street
Dave & Busters
Madame Toussad's
Ripley's Believe it or Not
National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey
NFL Experience Times Square
Hershey's and M&M Stores

« Last edited by @Yehuda on August 08, 2018, 01:06:49 PM »

Author Topic: NYC Master Thread  (Read 511434 times)

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: NYC Master Thread
« Reply #2060 on: October 18, 2020, 03:32:33 PM »
Ashers Auto Repair on 16th ave
Thanks!

Offline elazarmn

• View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: October 19, 2020, 03:28:03 PM »
Good full detail car wash places in Brooklyn? Really looking for heavy duty vacuuming.

Offline sguitarist18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: October 20, 2020, 01:47:16 PM »
Does anyone know of a good house cleaning service in Brooklyn? I need the type that will come with all the equipment and supplies.

Offline elazarmn

• View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: October 21, 2020, 12:28:56 AM »
Does anyone know of a good house cleaning service in Brooklyn? I need the type that will come with all the equipment and supplies.
There is this group ive seen called “the crew” they do post construction clean-ups.

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: October 21, 2020, 08:34:35 AM »
Do they do a good job? House looks nice afterwards, or just not like there was just construction?

How much do they charge?

Do you have their contact info?

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: October 22, 2020, 02:08:17 PM »
Ashers Auto Repair on 16th ave

+1

Reliable, honest, fair pricing. When possible, I still drive into Brooklyn from NJ to use him.

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: October 26, 2020, 07:11:42 PM »
I have an interesting question: does anyone know of any intersection in NYC where the green light turns green in one direction (southbound for example)  a couple seconds BEFORE the other green light turns green going northbound?
im not talking about a mistake in timing, i mean a deliberate change in time for whatever reason to alleviate traffic. maybe south bound needs to get the green light earlier before the northbound turns green.?
Im trying to get such a scenario for a light near me and the assemblywoman asked me if I happen to know of a street that has it already where my request can hold more ground bc its been done before.
where can i find out information like this?
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: October 26, 2020, 10:56:52 PM »
I have an interesting question: does anyone know of any intersection in NYC where the green light turns green in one direction (southbound for example)  a couple seconds BEFORE the other green light turns green going northbound?
im not talking about a mistake in timing, i mean a deliberate change in time for whatever reason to alleviate traffic. maybe south bound needs to get the green light earlier before the northbound turns green.?
Im trying to get such a scenario for a light near me and the assemblywoman asked me if I happen to know of a street that has it already where my request can hold more ground bc its been done before.
Possibly on coney island ave and quentin road it's like that.
Actually it might be at the end of the light being green 1 direction stays green for an extra 5to10 seconds.

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: October 26, 2020, 11:50:45 PM »
I know it exists, because I have distinct memories of looking one way, seeing traffic is stopped, stepping into the street, and being shocked to see cars coming at me from the other direction.  Can't remember where, but it's a potential downside of that kind of change. 

Even without an example, you can ask the DOT to change the timing of the lights, delaying the green light in one direction.  Might help to have the assemblywoman help compose the letter, and/or do it with neighbors or a local community board, so it's clear that it's not just your personal desire. 

https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/infrastructure/signals.shtml
A traffic signal's cycle is too long or too short, will DOT change it?
Sometimes the presence of a traffic signal will result in changes in the previous traffic patterns, as some drivers seek alternative routes to avoid the signal. This may mean that the current signal timing is no longer appropriate. If you believe that the timing of a particular signal is incorrect, contact the Commissioner with your request. DOT will conduct a study of traffic patterns to determine if any adjustments are needed. A study will take approximately 12 weeks.

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: October 27, 2020, 12:12:27 AM »
Possibly on coney island ave and quentin road it's like that.
Actually it might be at the end of the light being green 1 direction stays green for an extra 5to10 seconds.
that would help I’ll check it out. I think she’s looking for precedent if it’s been done it could be an argument to allow it again even if it’s at the end of the light it would have a similar result.

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: October 27, 2020, 12:16:30 AM »
Ft Hamilton pkwy coming from the prospect, at Chester Av, I think.

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: October 27, 2020, 02:49:40 AM »
Coney and N, southbound turns green for a few seconds before northbound, to allow southbound vehicles to turn left.

Offline israshot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: October 27, 2020, 06:15:46 AM »
Ft Hamilton pkwy coming from the prospect, at Chester Av, I think.
Right, but it's to allow drivers to turn left first to not create a long line of standing cars.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #2073 on: October 27, 2020, 07:54:51 AM »
If not to allow for turning, which is quite common, what would be the need for a delayed green?

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: October 27, 2020, 12:43:17 PM »
If not to allow for turning, which is quite common, what would be the need for a delayed green?
ill explain: they put up a light on a ridiculous corner in far rockaway. but when the light turns green and cars want to turn left they have to wait for oncoming traffic. this is a one lane street so theres no room for a left lane light. theres also no room for cars to go around on the right side of the waiting cars. so essentially what was a 4 way stop sign now allows 2 or 3 cars thru the intersection before it turns red again. if the light just turned green for a few seconds earlier it would at least allow cars to turn or go straight before oncoming traffic comes.

Offline JuryDuty

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: November 02, 2020, 05:12:27 PM »
ill explain: they put up a light on a ridiculous corner in far rockaway. but when the light turns green and cars want to turn left they have to wait for oncoming traffic. this is a one lane street so theres no room for a left lane light. theres also no room for cars to go around on the right side of the waiting cars. so essentially what was a 4 way stop sign now allows 2 or 3 cars thru the intersection before it turns red again. if the light just turned green for a few seconds earlier it would at least allow cars to turn or go straight before oncoming traffic comes.

It's horrible. I assume the one on doughty and central is run by nassau
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline JuryDuty

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: November 02, 2020, 05:13:45 PM »

Once you're on that intersection, they definitely should put up a right on red after stop
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline lbch

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: November 03, 2020, 12:30:47 AM »
I desperately need a vacation, but this time needs to be a staycation as I don't have where to place my kids. Does anyone have any nice ideas where I can with my husband? we don't mind traveling up to 3 hours from Brooklyn - we can leave early & come home late.
I don't really want outdoors, as my husband hates the cold weather.

Offline yungermanchik

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #2078 on: November 03, 2020, 09:18:08 AM »
I desperately need a vacation, but this time needs to be a staycation as I don't have where to place my kids. Does anyone have any nice ideas where I can with my husband? we don't mind traveling up to 3 hours from Brooklyn - we can leave early & come home late.
I don't really want outdoors, as my husband hates the cold weather.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=119193
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline Hjay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 03, 2020, 02:22:17 PM »

Coney and N, southbound turns green for a few seconds before northbound, to allow southbound vehicles to turn left.

A few intersections on ocean parkway have extended green straight while green turning begins from that side. Green straight turns red & then green turning begins from the other side as well then both turn red together.

There no reason they shouldn’t be able to do whatever they need to that makes sense. Ocean parkway & more recently Coney Island Ave have both changed a lot over the past few years & those changes didn’t necessarily make any sense.