Topic Wiki

Visa:

Make an appointment by emailing Ashrot-Jerusalem@piba.gov.il
Bring along:
Passports
2 Passport pics
Yeshiva letters that you're Jewish and a student (your wife that she's married to you and jewish)
Marriage License

Nice reps to speak to Pnina and Elzah.

Arnona:

Email the following documents to discounts@jerusalem.muni.il

1. scan of the bill
2. scan of first page of everyone's passports
3. scan of everyone's visa
4. letter from rabbi (הצהרה)
5. letter from yeshiva
6. scan of chozeh
7. form filled out

Check if it worked: Call 026296333 press 1 then 1 then wait for a rep and tell them your Arnona acct number they will be able to update you. If the hanacha went through you could pay on the spot with them.

see newcomers guide for further explanation

Bituach Leumi:
This is for adding kids
Bituach Leumi reqs 001 by jay klein, on Flickr

Please Help!

Israeli Shortcut helps out for free!

Knockers who do these things for pay
Meir Goodman 0506465995
Dagan -

« Last edited by jmz on September 06, 2018, 12:32:39 PM »

Author Topic: Misrad Hapnim Master Thread  (Read 156140 times)

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
Re: Misrad Hapnim Master Thread
« Reply #820 on: May 31, 2021, 09:58:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure you need to change the SS separately.
based on what it says here https://il.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/#:~:text=In%20order%20to%20obtain%20a,form%2C%20SS%2D5%20FS. and here https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm I would send them a copy of the old and new passports, together with the marriage license.

It's exponentially quicker to have a SS card sent to an address in the US vs Israel (6 weeks vs 6 months+)

Let us know how it goes. (I'm just waiting for DW passport to expire before doing all the name changing)
Thanks

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 04, 2021, 07:36:45 AM »
US embassy sent me this, which is helpful since I have all the  required documents.

However.. they only accept originals. do people really send over their actual passports???

Offline Dover

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 04, 2021, 08:47:10 AM »
US embassy sent me this, which is helpful since I have all the  required documents.

However.. they only accept originals. do people really send over their actual passports???

Yes

Unless you just recently got married- then just a marriage license is enough.

Offline lachmagene

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 25, 2022, 09:15:54 PM »
Anyone have Dagan's number? Is he the right one nowadays for help with getting onto insurance?
My friend gave birth in her 7th month while visiting Israel for Sukkos and is a dependent so insurance won't cover the baby in NICU. She happens to be Israeli but without bituach leumi.
Thank you!

Offline yshad

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 22, 2023, 05:21:54 PM »
Does anyone have experience regarding the Passport Marathon going on now? Is there a very long wait to get a passport because no one has an appointment?

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: June 22, 2023, 05:53:01 PM »
Does anyone have experience regarding the Passport Marathon going on now? Is there a very long wait to get a passport because no one has an appointment?
Reach out to Chaim V'Chessed and ask them.

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 23, 2023, 04:16:05 AM »
Not answering your question but if you check the myvisit app in the morning, IME btw 7 and 8, you often find same day appointments

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #827 on: November 05, 2023, 04:49:37 AM »
Via Chaim vChessed, visas that expired from October 7th are automatically being extended.
They said:
The extension will apply to all A-class visas which have expired since October 7.
As opposed to previous extensions, this time, B2 (tourist) visas have also been extended.
Even if a visa holder’s passport has expired, his/her visa will be extended nonetheless.
Visas which had been extended during the recent Passport Marathon will be further extended now, if they were valid (via extension) until October 7.
Visas will be extended until February 8, 2024, regardless of the expiry date (provided it is later than October 7).
Furthermore, in the past, visa holders frequently experienced difficulties in which other government offices were unaware of the visa extension, and refused services in cases where visas were expired – but in truth, had been extended by the Interior Ministry.

To head off these complications, Chaim V’Chessed representatives have been in contact with numerous government agencies to appraise them of the rules. These bodies include Bituach Leumi, Arnona (Municipal Property Tax), Mas Hachnasa (Income Tax), the Transportation Ministry and Meches (Customs).
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline farvus nisht?

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 12, 2023, 06:43:34 AM »
PSA

I Applied for new visa's for my family via email, got the visa's 2 days later via email (no need to stick it into the passport)

The service is available for families of 4 or more members that study in the Jerusalem area.

FAMILIES-YESHIVA-JERUSALEM@piba.gov.i

Offline yfr bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 12, 2023, 08:10:06 AM »
PSA

I Applied for new visa's for my family via email, got the visa's 2 days later via email (no need to stick it into the passport)

The service is available for families of 4 or more members that study in the Jerusalem area.

PSA
For the love of G-d, people - don't abuse this!
I know this makes it exponentialy easier for those with IL ancestry problems to try and get a visa...
But please, please... Thousands of chutznik families have been davening for years for something like this and it would really be a shame if the selfishness of the few ruin it for the masses...

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 12, 2023, 09:36:09 AM »
PSA

is this only because of the war or a new service?

Offline SHL

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 12, 2023, 11:43:31 AM »
is this only because of the war or a new service?
Neither really
They used to have families drop off all docs and come back a week later
This change went into effect a couple months ago

Offline Shmueli

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 27, 2023, 03:23:22 PM »
Wondering if anyone has Arnona discount experience that can help me….?

My baal dirah is an old lady who owns the dirah. She moved into a nursing home and I moved in after her (in Aug).
I am dealing with her son who is impossible to deal with.

For 2023, Aug - Dec, my baal dirah “passed on her hanacha savings to me” since he already paid it in Jan with a 70% senior discount.
He offered me to transfer the Arnona over to my name in Aug and I would need to pay in full for Aug - Dec, or I could pay her discounted rate, but I need to pay him what she is losing by not being able to claim her discount in her new nursing home since she can only get the hanacha for one location, so if I am using her discount for the dirah, then she is unable to get it for her Arnona in the nursing home.

I chose to take the discount and pay the difference because it came out less.

For 2024, he is offering me the same options...
Either I pay him 5500 NIS (30% of 8000 NIS + how much she loses by not claiming the discount herself in the nursing home) or we could switch it over to my name in Jan and I can work it out myself...

(1) Is it worth switching it over to my name and trying to get my own hanachah? Assuming I can get 80% off, I would end up paying 1,600 NIS vs. his 5,500 NIS.
I think it makes sense to switch it over to my name, I just heard it is really really hard to get the discount, so maybe it's not really worth it....? Thoughts?

(2) Assuming I do switch it over to my name.... Is it hard to switch over for Jan 2024 if we've been here since Aug? Won't the Municipality want me to pay back from Aug of 2023...? Any way that I can move it over starting only Jan 2024...?
Also, my current contract ends in Aug of 2024 and my baal dirah is not going to extend it to Dec 2024 until the current contract expires... My understanding is that I need a contract that goes until the end of the year in order to get the discount... Is that correct?
Any way around this issue? Is it common for people to just "edit"  their current contracts till Dec of that year just to show the Municipality in order to get the discount?

(3) How long does it typically take to get approved for the discount?

(4) Can I claim that the money coming into my Leumi account every month to pay my rent is from my parents directly to the baal dirah? (I gave my Baal dirah 12 postdated checks from said Leumi account which he deposits monthly...) would that be considered “parents paying directly for rent”? Or would the municipality consider that personal income which would raise my income above the threshold? Again, I pay the baal dirah from my own Leumi account, but the money originates in dollars....

(5) Lastly, regarding the need for a letter from Yeshiva that I learn by them… is that 1st seder only or do I need 2nd seder too? I learn in an established Yeshivah 1st seder that can give me an official document that says I am a student there, but I’m in a small kollel 2nd seder and they don't have a way to give me official documentation that I learn there... Is that an issue?

Anything else I need to know or be aware of?

Thanks for anyone that can help!!

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 27, 2023, 04:45:04 PM »
Wondering if anyone has Arnona discount experience that can help me….?

My baal dirah is an old lady who owns the dirah. She moved into a nursing home and I moved in after her (in Aug).
I am dealing with her son who is impossible to deal with.

For 2023, Aug - Dec, my baal dirah “passed on her hanacha savings to me” since he already paid it in Jan with a 70% senior discount.
He offered me to transfer the Arnona over to my name in Aug and I would need to pay in full for Aug - Dec, or I could pay her discounted rate, but I need to pay him what she is losing by not being able to claim her discount in her new nursing home since she can only get the hanacha for one location, so if I am using her discount for the dirah, then she is unable to get it for her Arnona in the nursing home.

I chose to take the discount and pay the difference because it came out less.

For 2024, he is offering me the same options...
Either I pay him 5500 NIS (30% of 8000 NIS + how much she loses by not claiming the discount herself in the nursing home) or we could switch it over to my name in Jan and I can work it out myself...

(1) Is it worth switching it over to my name and trying to get my own hanachah? Assuming I can get 80% off, I would end up paying 1,600 NIS vs. his 5,500 NIS.
I think it makes sense to switch it over to my name, I just heard it is really really hard to get the discount, so maybe it's not really worth it....? Thoughts?

(2) Assuming I do switch it over to my name.... Is it hard to switch over for Jan 2024 if we've been here since Aug? Won't the Municipality want me to pay back from Aug of 2023...? Any way that I can move it over starting only Jan 2024...?
Also, my current contract ends in Aug of 2024 and my baal dirah is not going to extend it to Dec 2024 until the current contract expires... My understanding is that I need a contract that goes until the end of the year in order to get the discount... Is that correct?
Any way around this issue? Is it common for people to just "edit"  their current contracts till Dec of that year just to show the Municipality in order to get the discount?

(3) How long does it typically take to get approved for the discount?

(4) Can I claim that the money coming into my Leumi account every month to pay my rent is from my parents directly to the baal dirah? (I gave my Baal dirah 12 postdated checks from said Leumi account which he deposits monthly...) would that be considered “parents paying directly for rent”? Or would the municipality consider that personal income which would raise my income above the threshold? Again, I pay the baal dirah from my own Leumi account, but the money originates in dollars....

(5) Lastly, regarding the need for a letter from Yeshiva that I learn by them… is that 1st seder only or do I need 2nd seder too? I learn in an established Yeshivah 1st seder that can give me an official document that says I am a student there, but I’m in a small kollel 2nd seder and they don't have a way to give me official documentation that I learn there... Is that an issue?

Anything else I need to know or be aware of?

Thanks for anyone that can help!!

just based on my experiences/knowledge....

1) depends on the other answers
2) afai(painfully)k the date change is the day you change who the registerd occupant is in the municipality... Just change the end date... remember - you'll need the TZ# of the property owner not her son on the contract...
3) unknown - its israel after all and dont you know we are in a Shaat Chirum...
4) Directly means directly.... nonstop no layovers... though again its israel and they can look away from stuff especially if you "know a guy"...
5) No experience. Where are you registered for daatot for second seder? Does your 2nd seder kollel have any sort of amutta that can give you a letter? Can the fist seder yeshiva give you a letter that says you learn there two sedorim... Maybe you can do a tatzir in front of a dayan that you learn in this chabura?? (if you dont have easy access to a dayan you can PM me...)

Offline Shmueli

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 27, 2023, 04:56:00 PM »
just based on my experiences/knowledge....

1) depends on the other answers
2) afai(painfully)k the date change is the day you change who the registerd occupant is in the municipality... Just change the end date... remember - you'll need the TZ# of the property owner not her son on the contract...
3) unknown - its israel after all and dont you know we are in a Shaat Chirum...
4) Directly means directly.... nonstop no layovers... though again its israel and they can look away from stuff especially if you "know a guy"...
5) No experience. Where are you registered for daatot for second seder? Does your 2nd seder kollel have any sort of amutta that can give you a letter? Can the fist seder yeshiva give you a letter that says you learn there two sedorim... Maybe you can do a tatzir in front of a dayan that you learn in this chabura?? (if you dont have easy access to a dayan you can PM me...)
Thanks very much!

Regarding #5... It is a small kollel, not registered with anything and don't give daatot (they give USD that they fundraise)
The 1st seder yeshiva is likely to give me a hard time if I'm not there the full day.

Can I  just "edit" the paper from 1st seder place to include 2nd seder?

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 27, 2023, 05:32:58 PM »
Thanks very much!

Regarding #5... It is a small kollel, not registered with anything and don't give daatot (they give USD that they fundraise)
The 1st seder yeshiva is likely to give me a hard time if I'm not there the full day.

Can I  just "edit" the paper from 1st seder place to include 2nd seder?

Maybe the amuta of the shul where its located??
based on your PM which yeshiva it is... I wouldnt do that - too risky...

Offline Shmueli

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 14, 2024, 11:07:38 AM »
Anyone know what the correct answer for this Bituach Leumi application question is?

Does it mean the 1st time I came to Israel in my life?
1st time in the past 12 months?
1st time on my current visa? Previous visa?
1st time listed on my Daf Knisa Veyitziya?

Thanks for any help!

Offline Mr. CC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 14, 2024, 11:15:37 AM »
Anyone know what the correct answer for this Bituach Leumi application question is?

Thanks for any help!

The date that you want the BtL to start retroactively.
You will be charged retroactively from that date. And you will also be reimbursed from them if you had any hospital stays etc.

PS. They probably mean the date that you entered before you got your current Visa.

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #838 on: February 14, 2024, 11:17:19 AM »

Thanks for any help!
If it is a form, I would use the first one. However, if you are talking about the automated system for creating an account on gov.il, any of those might be the right answer - or none of them.
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Shmueli

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 14, 2024, 11:52:12 AM »
Thanks!

Another Question...

The form is asking for מספר חשבון of my Israel bank account.
I have Leumi.

My account number seems to be 905 (which is the branch number--Paran), followed by 5 digits (sometimes w/ a 0 before, sometimes not...) followed by /43.

When I try putting in the 5 digits with the 43 it does not work...
The 5 digits alone seem to work. I just don't want to leave any numbers out.

Is the 43 important? What is it?

To make things simpler.... 905-0#####/43     - Thats the full number...