Topic Wiki

Visa:

Make an appointment by emailing Ashrot-Jerusalem@piba.gov.il
Bring along:
Passports
2 Passport pics
Yeshiva letters that you're Jewish and a student (your wife that she's married to you and jewish)
Marriage License

Nice reps to speak to Pnina and Elzah.

Arnona:

Email the following documents to discounts@jerusalem.muni.il

1. scan of the bill
2. scan of first page of everyone's passports
3. scan of everyone's visa
4. letter from rabbi (הצהרה)
5. letter from yeshiva
6. scan of chozeh
7. form filled out

Check if it worked: Call 026296333 press 1 then 1 then wait for a rep and tell them your Arnona acct number they will be able to update you. If the hanacha went through you could pay on the spot with them.

see newcomers guide for further explanation

Bituach Leumi:
This is for adding kids
Bituach Leumi reqs 001 by jay klein, on Flickr

Please Help!

Israeli Shortcut helps out for free!

Knockers who do these things for pay
Meir Goodman 0506465995
Dagan -

« Last edited by jmz on September 06, 2018, 12:32:39 PM »

Author Topic: Misrad Hapnim Master Thread  (Read 154293 times)

Offline shauly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Misrad Hapnim Master Thread
« Reply #440 on: December 16, 2014, 05:18:50 PM »
As long as u have all ur papers, it's really not a big deal at all to go down to the iriya. Make sure to go either early in the morning or on Tuesday's at 3pm. The wait in line, especially this time of year can get long.

It's not the end of the world to have to go, but it's just so much easier to not have to go.

Offline Mech

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE, United Silver, SkyTeam Silver
« Reply #441 on: December 16, 2014, 05:27:37 PM »

It's not the end of the world to have to go, but it's just so much easier to not have to go.
I would agree if it would be simple, but obviously it's turning out a lot more complicated than u would want it to.

Offline shauly

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 16, 2014, 06:11:52 PM »
I would agree if it would be simple, but obviously it's turning out a lot more complicated than u would want it to.

Not really. Assuming I get the discount in the end, that is. Last time, I drove myself crazy getting everything I needed and trying to make sure it was all perfect. I went to the iriya, waited for a million years, only to hear that I was missing something and had to come back.

This time, they emailed me that I needed a letter from my baal dira, so I got the letter within the hour and emailed it back.

Offline sammy n

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 17, 2014, 04:24:41 AM »

Supposedly email no longer works for Arnona discount if you're American
Someone just told me he mailed in all the papers last week and got the hanacha yesterday in the mail.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 17, 2014, 04:26:18 AM »

Someone just told me he mailed in all the papers last week and got the hanacha yesterday in the mail.
mail as in snail mail or as in email?

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 17, 2014, 04:28:08 AM »

mail as in snail mail or as in email?
He did 24 hour express mail.

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
Misrad Hapnim Master Thread
« Reply #446 on: December 17, 2014, 08:28:43 AM »
Thats insane! As frustrating as it is to keep on going back, I would go back and fight with them. Ask to speak to a supervisor. IMHO the only way the have a chance of getting it is by being firm and don't let them trample on you. Don't back down. It is retarded cause it should be toluy in you. Hope everything works out in the end.
I went again today, and she first started a hole thing that because my wife only got a visa in November I can only get discount from then. Then I told her that last time I came the lady told me that I can get for half the apartment the discount  and the other half for my wife will only get from November. Then she went to ask her supervisor and came back around 15 minutes later and said this time she'll be able to give me the hole discount but only because I said that I was told that the last time I came!! They have no protocol!! It's crazy!

Offline shauly

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 17, 2014, 09:23:06 AM »
I went again today, and she first started a hole thing that because my wife only got a visa in November I can only get discount from then. Then I told her that last time I came the lady told me that I can get for half the apartment the discount  and the other half for my wife will only get from November. Then she went to ask her supervisor and came back around 15 minutes later and said this time she'll be able to give me the hole discount but only because I said that I was told that the last time I came!! They have no protocol!! It's crazy!

Well at least it worked in your favor this time! Say tehillim while you are on line.   ;D

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 17, 2014, 09:29:19 AM »

Well at least it worked in your favor this time! Say tehillim while you are on line.   ;D
Thats exactly what I did!

Offline Mech

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE, United Silver, SkyTeam Silver
« Reply #449 on: December 17, 2014, 11:25:34 AM »

Great! So happy that it worked out for you!
Btw, how did u tell her? In a "sweet nice" tone or a little "firm"?

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #450 on: December 17, 2014, 11:40:52 AM »
i emailed it to them last night, got a response this morning that i need to come in. i came in, waited and when it was my turn she asked me if i have the actual passports with me, i put them on the table. she processed the hanacha on the spot without ever actually looking at the passports.

took 1.5 hours from when i got my ticket at the lot until i paid it

Offline farvus nisht?

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 17, 2014, 02:29:53 PM »
Nice!

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 17, 2014, 03:26:53 PM »
Great! So happy that it worked out for you!
Btw, how did u tell her? In a "sweet nice" tone or a little "firm"?
Thanx! I fought a little saying that I had a visa all the time so should get full discount and has nothing to do with my wife. Then after 10-15 minutes with her supervisor she came back and gave it to me.

Offline shauly

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 18, 2014, 02:32:58 PM »
At the risk of opening a whole can of worms.. What does everyone here do regarding the letter stating your income and telling the truth?

Offline Mech

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 18, 2014, 02:59:51 PM »

At the risk of opening a whole can of worms.. What does everyone here do regarding the letter stating your income and telling the truth?
Are you working and bringing in $$ on your own?? For some of us that are b"h being supported, saying that your parents pay the rent and you only make money from yeshiva, isn't a lie at all. And if your wife is working, it's anyways either thru an American company or off the books (unless she has a working visa). Would you be reporting that?
I also said that my wife worked for a few years and saved up money before we came to Israel. That's how we have money for food etc..

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #455 on: December 18, 2014, 03:10:13 PM »
at the risk of opening another can of worms, it might depend on whether you believe they have a right to collect it

Offline shauly

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 18, 2014, 03:14:06 PM »
Are you working and bringing in $$ on your own?? For some of us that are b"h being supported, saying that your parents pay the rent and you only make money from yeshiva, isn't a lie at all. And if your wife is working, it's anyways either thru an American company or off the books (unless she has a working visa). Would you be reporting that?
I also said that my wife worked for a few years and saved up money before we came to Israel. That's how we have money for food etc..

My wife works for her mother's business. My letter says my in-laws pay our rent directly to the landlord, and that they give us another 3000 shekel every month for living expenses. It's not technically a lie, but also not technically the truth. I feel a little uneasy about doing it, but obviously not enough to not do it. I really do need the discount.

at the risk of opening another can of worms, it might depend on whether you believe they have a right to collect it

;)

Offline Mech

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 18, 2014, 03:21:43 PM »
My wife works for her mother's business. My letter says my in-laws pay our rent directly to the landlord, and that they give us another 3000 shekel every month for living expenses. It's not technically a lie, but also not technically the truth. I feel a little uneasy about doing it, but obviously not enough to not do it. I really do need the discount.

;)
Sounds pretty true to me. Ur in laws pay directly. Ur the shliach to give over the money. שליח של אדם כמותו.
Like most yerushalmis/ briskers;-)
Even my Baal dira, who is a yemenite rebbetzin, told me to do whatever I have to do to get the hanacha.

Offline shauly

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 18, 2014, 03:30:26 PM »
The first time I got the discount, when I was getting my letter the guy at the office asked me how much my I get from my in-laws. I told him an amount, and he handed me the sheet with all the thresholds on it and told me to try again.  ;D

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 18, 2014, 03:39:15 PM »
The first time I got the discount, when I was getting my letter the guy at the office asked me how much my I get from my in-laws. I told him an amount, and he handed me the sheet with all the thresholds on it and told me to try again.  ;D
wow! only in israel