Author Topic: El Al laying down the law  (Read 15543 times)

Offline caveman924

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: El Al laying down the law
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2012, 07:25:53 PM »
Ummm, you mean where i +1 PG's comments?

No it was in regards to comment #49

Offline U-no-me!

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2012, 07:27:52 PM »
No it was in regards to comment #49

Where I copied and pasted what you wrote?
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline U-no-me!

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2012, 07:34:44 PM »
Never said I deserved it, have no entitlement attitude whatsoever as I didn't even get in on the deal myself.

I'm trying to say that my issue isn't necessarily with people getting in on the deal, rather it's with the entitlement attitude that they have.
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline caveman924

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2012, 07:47:12 PM »
I'm trying to say that my issue isn't necessarily with people getting in on the deal, rather it's with the entitlement attitude that they have.

Nice edit earlier ;D

I actually agree with you here, some people have an entitlement attitude when it comes to these deals which can be a bit excessive. The reason for my comments here is in direct relation to the actions taken by El Al after stating that they were going to honor the tickets like regular tickets. In regards to the OPs parents I remember speaking with them after they bought the tickets and asked them what they would do if the tkts were cancelled, their response was "Oh well," not "I'm going to file a complaint." They had no entitlement attitude.

The purpose of this thread was to provide a cautionary tale to those who do have these tickets that should their flights be affected by weather that they will be treated as second-rate passengers by the airline and not like a regular fare paying customer as they were promised by the airline.

Offline caveman924

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2012, 07:50:49 PM »
You may thing they'd do that, but nobody got the galaxy's from Rogers when it was a significant loss.

Haha...just saw this comment and I am assuming you are CDN. Come on everyone knows that there is no such thing as a deal from Rogers.  :D

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »
I disagree with you. I think you should take a chill. They did honor our tickets so just chill out.
i dunno, my sister tells me they've been harassing her calling her repeatedly to try and get her to change her ticket to the direct flight...  seems like they left the classy route behind a while back

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2012, 08:05:01 PM »

I haven't changed my stance since the beginning. ELAL IS IMHO NOT ANYMORE JEWISH THAN ALITALIA
Bolding IMHO ain't so humble ;)
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline U-no-me!

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »
Bolding IMHO ain't so humble ;)

H stands for Honest.

GL
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline Aeajda1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2012, 08:06:02 PM »
@Aeajda1, who are you really?

I dunno... Who am I?

Offline Aeajda1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2012, 08:17:03 PM »
Caveman? ?!?!?!

Question: you are on a forum called dansdeals... Because of Dan's history as a shrewd master of travel arbitrage, thousands of people (likely more) have taken advantage of everything from free k cups to next to nothing airline tickets. In between, there are also ways to utilize credit cards , taking out business cards, for example, for points when there is no "actual business" and reasons such as that.

Is that honest? Or are they just evil credit cards looking to steal our money so let's just game the system like buying dollar coins, paying off cc's with those dollars, and taking the points (which by the way cost the credit card company money).

Bottom line... This was a deal. There was a ton of speculation as to why it was cheap, folks bought them, and the airline honored them. Now treat ALL customers with respect. I am certain you, sir, aren't one that games the credit card system but rather comes to this site and forum to brag of the free k cups

Offline caveman924

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2012, 08:19:01 PM »
Caveman? ?!?!?!

Hahahaha.....no not the same person.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: El Al laying down the law
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2012, 09:36:41 AM »
Question: you are on a forum called dansdeals... Because of Dan's history as a shrewd master of travel arbitrage, thousands of people (likely more) have taken advantage of everything from free k cups to next to nothing airline tickets. In between, there are also ways to utilize credit cards , taking out business cards, for example, for points when there is no "actual business" and reasons such as that.

Is that honest? Or are they just evil credit cards looking to steal our money so let's just game the system like buying dollar coins, paying off cc's with those dollars, and taking the points (which by the way cost the credit card company money).

Bottom line... This was a deal. There was a ton of speculation as to why it was cheap, folks bought them, and the airline honored them. Now treat ALL customers with respect. I am certain you, sir, aren't one that games the credit card system but rather comes to this site and forum to brag of the free k cups
Judge thyself, not others.
You'll he a happier and much more productive person
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2012, 11:03:47 AM »
H stands for Honest.

GL
No, humble.

Simply stating because I am not a rabbinic authority, and there might differentiation if Roiv shareholders are Jewish but I don't think so
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2012, 11:56:30 AM »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »
Judge thyself, not others.
lol, he's coming to say you shouldn't be judging him because you're all doing the same thing he is, and so you tell him not to judge others?   

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »
lol, he's coming to say you shouldn't be judging him because you're all doing the same thing he is, and so you tell him not to judge others?
I don't think anyone (with maybe the exception of PG) judged him. Just saying that his assessment of the situation is off
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »
I don't think anyone (with maybe the exception of PG) judged him. Just saying that his assessment of the situation is off

i'm not involved... just enjoyed the irony of it. 

Offline Aeajda1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2012, 07:02:49 PM »

I am off how? I started this thread to simply state, albeit in an irate way, how El Al are thieving crooks. I have heard, as early as today about others who were in the same situation who also got screwed over.

After being scolded by other commenters about taking advantage of El Al and how I shouldn't complain, I merely stated the purpose of dan's great site. Bottom line: we all come to the site to get great deals but, at times, are lucky and THRILLED to get those once in a blue moon awesome deals. This was one of those deals. Ergel, I judge all of the self righteous who claim to be rabbinic authorities on these matters and tell ME not to take advantage of these deals. These are the same holy yidden who are ON dans deals! Why are they there?

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2012, 07:13:55 PM »
I am off how? I started this thread to simply state, albeit in an irate way, how El Al are thieving crooks. I have heard, as early as today about others who were in the same situation who also got screwed over.

After being scolded by other commenters about taking advantage of El Al and how I shouldn't complain, I merely stated the purpose of dan's great site. Bottom line: we all come to the site to get great deals but, at times, are lucky and THRILLED to get those once in a blue moon awesome deals. This was one of those deals. Ergel, I judge all of the self righteous who claim to be rabbinic authorities on these matters and tell ME not to take advantage of these deals. These are the same holy yidden who are ON dans deals! Why are they there?
thieving crooks who take you to Israel for $350 - ROFL
amazing (actually sickening) how unappreciative some people are !

Offline U-no-me!

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »

Sentiment: Was being facetious.

O0
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:34:55 PM by U_no_me »
Vote U-no-me '14!