Author Topic: El Al laying down the law  (Read 15539 times)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: El Al laying down the law
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2012, 07:23:51 PM »
I am off how? I started this thread to simply state, albeit in an irate way, how El Al are thieving crooks. I have heard, as early as today about others who were in the same situation who also got screwed over.

After being scolded by other commenters about taking advantage of El Al and how I shouldn't complain, I merely stated the purpose of dan's great site. Bottom line: we all come to the site to get great deals but, at times, are lucky and THRILLED to get those once in a blue moon awesome deals. This was one of those deals. Ergel, I judge all of the self righteous who claim to be rabbinic authorities on these matters and tell ME not to take advantage of these deals. These are the same holy yidden who are ON dans deals! Why are they there?
I don't think most people (with the possible exception of PG) were scolding you for taking advantage, rather just saying that it makes sense that el Al would take care of their real customers before you (and me, in January and Pesach time)
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline U-no-me!

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Re: El Al laying down the law
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:33:17 PM by U_no_me »
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline Aeajda1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2012, 11:02:34 PM »
thieving crooks who take you to Israel for $350 - ROFL
amazing (actually sickening) how unappreciative some people are !

Dude, before responding and using stupid acronyms like ROFL.. Read the initial post. Or the ones after that for context....

Offline Aeajda1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: El Al laying down the law
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2012, 11:08:28 PM »
I don't think most people (with the possible exception of PG) were scolding you for taking advantage, rather just saying that it makes sense that el Al would take care of their real customers before you (and me, in January and Pesach time)

What defines a real customer is my point. YOUR beliefs are that someone who pays full price is a real customer whereas the 6000 people who got this deal are not. However, when I call up El Al there isn't an asterisk stating that I have a glitch ticket. Not only that but even these glitch tickets, once ticketed, put me in the same fare class as you and all the people who paid full price.

This is like telling someone who gets bumped and gets a voucher for a free ticket that they are second class to someone who paid out of pocket... Or the same as someone who pays 200 bucks for a ticket and someone else pays 900... Your rationale is so incredibly flawed. If you are a business, which it appears El Al is not, you treat ALL customers with respect because that is how you get repeat customers :)

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
Re: El Al laying down the law
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2012, 12:27:25 AM »
What defines a real customer is my point. YOUR beliefs are that someone who pays full price is a real customer whereas the 6000 people who got this deal are not. However, when I call up El Al there isn't an asterisk stating that I have a glitch ticket. Not only that but even these glitch tickets, once ticketed, put me in the same fare class as you and all the people who paid full price.

This is like telling someone who gets bumped and gets a voucher for a free ticket that they are second class to someone who paid out of pocket... Or the same as someone who pays 200 bucks for a ticket and someone else pays 900... Your rationale is so incredibly flawed. If you are a business, which it appears El Al is not, you treat ALL customers with respect because that is how you get repeat customers :)

Again, your opinion, but not the one we are arguing now. I said previously I agreed everyone should receive a basic level of service. In terms of priority I was explaining why El Al would first ticket passengers who paid full price first and I still believe that, but, again, not the point we are discussing now.
I was saying that you should not judge others and berate them. That is a defensive stance which will make others not like you. In the long run it will not make you a happier person.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2012, 12:30:27 AM »
I am off how? I started this thread to simply state, albeit in an irate way,
That I think is the key point. If you would have presented yourself differently, the response may have been different.
Judging on the way you presented here I would not be surprised if that was the way you presented as well to the El Al agent, which may have been part of the reason for the response you received. Being abrasive is least likely way to receive what you want.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2012, 01:21:52 AM »
Beyond me how someone who is making a company provide him something at a loss because the law provides him an opportunity calling the airline thieving crooks

How can they be thieves when u end up with their property?

״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2012, 12:06:37 PM »
Beyond me how someone who is making a company provide him something at a loss because the law provides him an opportunity calling the airline thieving crooks

How can they be thieves when u end up with their property?
Like mentioned a million times on the forums Elal did not lose anything, they only gained from this like Dan explained a million times, but seems like you don't bother reading these days...
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2012, 12:11:20 PM »
Whoever didn't switch I think Dan would agree el Al probably lost

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2012, 12:13:12 PM »
I would say they didnt lose or gain.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2012, 12:14:14 PM »
I would say they didnt lose or gain.
How do you know how much el Al pays American?

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2012, 12:15:55 PM »
How do you know how much el Al pays American?
I don't.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2012, 12:18:13 PM »

Offline Aeajda1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »
El Al didn't lose anything,.... They charge 1000 dollar fuel surcharges:) in addition insurance for the company who prices in the surcharges and who failed to do this paid for the difference... That's how it works

Offline Aeajda1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2012, 05:49:04 PM »
That I think is the key point. If you would have presented yourself differently, the response may have been different.
Judging on the way you presented here I would not be surprised if that was the way you presented as well to the El Al agent, which may have been part of the reason for the response you received. Being abrasive is least likely way to receive what you want.

Thank you for the lesson in civility and in humility... And don't make presumptions...that way, as you so stated in the previous post, people will like you more ;)

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »
absoultely on the mark.
especially with israelis. if you come on too harsh they will match you

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2012, 10:18:41 AM »
El Al didn't lose anything,.... They charge 1000 dollar fuel surcharges:)

No clue what you mean by this.

in addition insurance for the company who prices in the surcharges and who failed to do this paid for the difference... That's how it works
Nice speculation but you don't know that for sure. There has been plenty of speculation that el Al had no recourse to recoup its losses. No one can for sure. Meshugenuritis sure is spreading.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2012, 10:21:43 AM »
Quote from: Ergel on Yesterday at 12:30:27 am
That I think is the key point. If you would have presented yourself differently, the response may have been different.<br />Judging on the way you presented here I would not be surprised if that was the way you presented as well to the El Al agent, which may have been part of the reason for the response you received. Being abrasive is least likely way to receive what you want.<br />
<br /><br />Thank you for the lesson in civility and in humility... And don't make presumptions...that way, as you so stated in the previous post, people will like you more ;)

I definitely did not make any presumptions. I also did not make any assumptions, just speculated that I would not be surprised if that is what happened (which is why I said I would not be surprised and did not state it as fact)

Offline Aeajda1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2012, 02:58:42 PM »
<br /><br />Thank you for the lesson in civility and in humility... And don't make presumptions...that way, as you so stated in the previous post, people will like you more ;)

I definitely did not make any presumptions. I also did not make any assumptions, just speculated that I would not be surprised if that is what happened (which is why I said I would not be surprised and did not state it as fact)
[/quote]

You presume.... As for the insurance, that is exactly how it works... Let's just say. Work in the industry and leave it at that...Finally you say you aren't sure what I mean by the 1000 dollar surcharge and me taking advantage.. Intl. airlines, for years , have been charging that in addition to the base fare.. It's a ploy to get you to think tickets are cheap until you realize all the taxes and the massive fuel surcharge... Glitch tickets were glitches simply because the fuel surcharge was left off, a bogus charge from the get go

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2012, 09:19:35 PM »
Intl. airlines, for years , have been charging that in addition to the base fare.. It's a ploy to get you to think tickets are cheap until you realize all the taxes and the massive fuel surcharge... Glitch tickets were glitches simply because the fuel surcharge was left off, a bogus charge from the get go
BS
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים