Author Topic: Additional Authorized Users  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Additional Authorized Users
« on: October 31, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »
Ive noticed that when someone adds me as an authorized user to their credit card, i get that cc info in my credit score/report. How does the credit bureau know to match up my fathers authorized user (me) to being me and not some other guy named lamppost? All they ask for at chase is the name to put on the card, no ss or bday or anyhing like that. So how can they match it up to being me? (Its very annoying as some of the cards that im on have very high credit limits and i was previously a/a'd by case for having too much revolving credit...). Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks!

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Re: Additional Authorized Users
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 12:26:09 PM »
Ive noticed that when someone adds me as an authorized user to their credit card, i get that cc info in my credit score/report. How does the credit bureau know to match up my fathers authorized user (me) to being me and not some other guy named lamppost? All they ask for at chase is the name to put on the card, no ss or bday or anyhing like that. So how can they match it up to being me? (Its very annoying as some of the cards that im on have very high credit limits and i was previously a/a'd by case for having too much revolving credit...). Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks!
But your father has only one son named Lamppost...
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline txtmax4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 12:32:07 PM »
But your father has only one son named Lamppost...
So what? He could still be adding Lamppost from around the corner as opposed to his own son..
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 12:35:37 PM »
So what? He could still be adding Lamppost from around the corner as opposed to his own son..
Now they match adrress.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 12:39:34 PM »
But i didnt give my address! They dont ask for an address when adding the authorize user. Unless maybe they assume that if the last name is the same its the same address...maybe. But that could be a huge problem for multiple "cohens" at the same address at say an apartment building...

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »
The do not.
I added an AU with Chase 2 days ago, different lastname and all they asked was for the name and lastname.
Yesterday with Citi same story.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 12:55:37 PM »
yes and maybe that guy didnt get that card he was added as an au added to his credit profile! if the address matches then it auto ends up on the report and if not than not! I dont konw this for sure but how else would they have known that the lamppost that my father added as an au was me the lamppost at his address? they probably just saw that "dad cohen" and "lamppost cohen" live at 123 main st and figured that we must be related...

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 01:32:17 PM »
Yes, that is what happens.

Not all Cohen's in one building live in, say, apartment 6B.

If they match, there's a very good chance it'll end up on the AUs CR.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 01:17:03 AM »
Each piece of information they have on you is given a value. Some info like SS# is given the highest value. It all goes into an algorithm like they use for credit scores. No one piece on info is needed or used to make a match. If the confidence level reaches a certain level then they have a match. If you look at lawsuits filed in the past against CRA’s there is a lot of good info to be found.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"