-@Yehuda

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:

Synagogue:

Things to Do:

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

Please Update the Wiki

Author Topic: Dead Sea, Israel, Master Thread  (Read 153137 times)

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Sea, Israel, Master Thread
« Reply #260 on: March 12, 2012, 07:19:30 AM »
just made it more intriguing.....prominent RY to spend shabbos in Arad with large entourage this week....lol

Everyone knows that Arad is the "Cancun" of Charedi Israel

Offline YudiG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 12, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »
Everyone knows that Arad is the "Cancun" of Charedi Israel

:)

is there much to do there?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 12, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 29, 2012, 01:03:36 PM »
Anyone going to be at the Le Meridian this shabbos?
A little pre-pesach break is needed by all.

Offline runnergirl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; American Airlines Gold;
« Reply #264 on: March 30, 2012, 02:13:35 PM »
Has anyone been to the Le Meridian Dead Sea lately. Booked it for July for 3nt with the hubby and kids. Can't go wrong for 3K points per night but I the reviews sound aweful. Are the rooms decent enough?

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2012, 04:02:31 PM »
I was there about 2 months ago & they had a couple of floors of renovated rooms. They were on the higher floors, its possable that they continued their way down. The renovated rooms were pretty nice. (just talking about the room not the ambiance or service in the hotel)
make urself "heimish" there &  check out the womans side of the roof (after dark ONLY) they have ices in the freezer. Also if u want milk & coffee they have on the mens side.. If u need extra mattress on floor 14 they have in the service rooms, only use service elevators, there's much less traffic.

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 31, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »
I was there about 2 months ago & they had a couple of floors of renovated rooms. They were on the higher floors, its possable that they continued their way down. The renovated rooms were pretty nice. (just talking about the room not the ambiance or service in the hotel)
make urself "heimish" there &  check out the womans side of the roof (after dark ONLY) they have ices in the freezer. Also if u want milk & coffee they have on the mens side.. If u need extra mattress on floor 14 they have in the service rooms, only use service elevators, there's much less traffic.
On the roof? What do you mean?

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #267 on: March 31, 2012, 09:22:43 PM »
go to the stair well on floor 16, continue up. they call it a solarium.

Offline Knaper_Chuchem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 10, 2012, 03:08:05 AM »
Kindly forgive my ignorance...

It's the first time I'm booking with points, I've read through this whole thread but still have a few unanswered questions.   

I'm SPG gold, and I'd like to book at LMDS for 4 weeks in July for 3 adults. Is it possible to book a bigger room (with additional beds) for additional points? Or a suite? Also, as I'm trying to book it online, it wouldn't let me book more than 10 consecutive days, is there a way to circumvent that?

Any additional tips to share? I'd greatly appreciate!!

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 10, 2012, 10:19:32 AM »

It's the first time I'm booking with points, I've read through this whole thread but still have a few unanswered questions.   

I'm SPG gold, and I'd like to book at LMDS for 4 weeks in July for 3 adults. Is it possible to book a bigger room (with additional beds) for additional points? Or a suite? Also, as I'm trying to book it online, it wouldn't let me book more than 10 consecutive days, is there a way to circumvent that?

4 weeks?!

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #270 on: April 10, 2012, 10:26:55 AM »
you aint getting 4 weeks for 3k a nt.

Offline Knaper_Chuchem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 10, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »
4 weeks?!

Yes, as someone has mentioned on this thread there's a Solarium on the roof, and those who come for the Solarium usually come for 4 weeks.

you aint getting 4 weeks for 3k a nt.

Says who? I have a friend that does it every year.

Now, back to my questions...?

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 10, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »

Yes, as someone has mentioned on this thread there's a Solarium on the roof, and those who come for the Solarium usually come for 4 weeks.

i dont see how anyone can manage up on the solarium for 4 weeks!!! I had a hard time just going up there for the milk. No & its not because i'm sensative to sun :)

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »
i dont see how anyone can manage up on the solarium for 4 weeks!!! I had a hard time just going up there for the milk. No & its not because i'm sensative to sun :)

one would have to be really bored to spend 4 weeks there unless there is a medical need to be in the area...i think ezer metzion has a apartment in the area...people do come for lengthy stays for eczema..

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 10, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »

W/ regards to the 4 weeks issue, why not just make a few reservations of a week each?

Offline Knaper_Chuchem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 10, 2012, 05:42:38 PM »
one would have to be really bored to spend 4 weeks there unless there is a medical need to be in the area...i think ezer metzion has a apartment in the area...people do come for lengthy stays for eczema..

How dare you mock an entire community that consists of well over 10k human beings that spend roughly 4 weeks yearly at Solariums throughout Ein Bokek!?! And we're not talking here of "bored" people.. Or people that steal "milk, coffee or ices" at night... Believe me, if I was bored, I would spend 4 weeks some other places..

FYI: For someone with Eczema, Ein Bokek is a big no no!!

Still waiting for answers to my questions...

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2012, 01:11:41 PM »
How dare you mock an entire community that consists of well over 10k human beings that spend roughly 4 weeks yearly at Solariums throughout Ein Bokek!?! And we're not talking here of "bored" people.. Or people that steal "milk, coffee or ices" at night... Believe me, if I was bored, I would spend 4 weeks some other places..

FYI: For someone with Eczema, Ein Bokek is a big no no!!

Still waiting for answers to my questions...

Sorry if offense was taken...you're right about eczema I was referring to another condition nobody should g-d forbid ever suffer from...but...if there is no medical reason...seriously speaking - what does one do for 4 weeks at a solarium?

I would call SPG and try and find rooms over the phone...try searching online to see if the standard rate is available if it is perhaps you can pull it off.

Offline Knaper_Chuchem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2012, 11:05:08 PM »
W/ regards to the 4 weeks issue, why not just make a few reservations of a week each?
Was thinking of that, especially since SPG changed that you earn nights even on reward stays, I was figuring how I can optimize my stay to become SPG Plat. However, I'm not sure how it works with them, will they make me pack my bags every week? And their check-out time is 11am, where check-in time is 3pm, will I have to wait with my bags for 4 hours in the lobby!?! I know they have that text msg system, but it never worked for me, I've yet to receive a text from them that my room is ready...

Anybody with past experience?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2012, 11:26:52 PM »
Was thinking of that, especially since SPG changed that you earn nights even on reward stays, I was figuring how I can optimize my stay to become SPG Plat. However, I'm not sure how it works with them, will they make me pack my bags every week? And their check-out time is 11am, where check-in time is 3pm, will I have to wait with my bags for 4 hours in the lobby!?! I know they have that text msg system, but it never worked for me, I've yet to receive a text from them that my room is ready...

Anybody with past experience?
Not locally, but in other SPG I had no issues, just stayed in the room. They can always be jerks, but then your problem is that they won't let u check in altogether, claiming the second reservation is invaild as it is over 1 week.

I wouldn't worry. Go for it.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 12, 2012, 10:58:10 AM »
Not locally, but in other SPG I had no issues, just stayed in the room. They can always be jerks, but then your problem is that they won't let u check in altogether, claiming the second reservation is invaild as it is over 1 week.

I wouldn't worry. Go for it.
+1
Wouldn't hurt to butter-up to s/o who works behind the counter as well. I'll often schmmoze up a Russian guy who works there, I forgot his name.