Author Topic: Air Berlin Surprise Luggage Fee?  (Read 753 times)

Offline djnimon

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Air Berlin Surprise Luggage Fee?
« on: November 06, 2012, 04:11:24 PM »
I booked round trip ticks TLV-LAX using my BA miles with Air Berlin. On my reservation online, British wrote that I was eligible for 2 bags per person- even the baby! Totally stoked I packed up and with only a slight pause at Ben Gurion to question my baggage allowance, Air Berlin let me through.

Then on the return leg they claimed that there was no such thing- that Air Berlin only allowed one bag per and that I had to pay $210! What is there that I can do about this??? I emailed BA, but they haven't gotten back to me- should I just cancel the charge on my cc?

Thanks!

Offline YudiG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Air Berlin Surprise Luggage Fee?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »
I booked round trip ticks TLV-LAX using my BA miles with Air Berlin. On my reservation online, British wrote that I was eligible for 2 bags per person- even the baby! Totally stoked I packed up and with only a slight pause at Ben Gurion to question my baggage allowance, Air Berlin let me through.

Then on the return leg they claimed that there was no such thing- that Air Berlin only allowed one bag per and that I had to pay $210! What is there that I can do about this??? I emailed BA, but they haven't gotten back to me- should I just cancel the charge on my cc?

Thanks!

give them a couple days..ppl had similar problems with AA until they changed the language on the website...i had some trouble but won the chargebacks with screenshots showing the wording