Author Topic: Top Tier Status  (Read 817 times)

Offline scbm

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Top Tier Status
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:39:39 PM »
Hi,
I need about 300 status miles to become prestige on Air Canada after the rest of my flights for this year.  Is there any way to get these status miles besides just booking another flight?  Is it even worth the effort to become Prestige on Air Canada?  I read about the Aegan Airlines levels and tried to transfer my miles there to get their status but so far I have received no response from them (waiting about 3 weeks).  Any other ideas?

Offline eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Top Tier Status
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 09:49:25 PM »
Hi,
and tried to transfer my miles there to get their status but so far I have received no response from them (waiting about 3 weeks). 

Once, you have earned the miles, you can't transfer status miles from Air Canada to Aegean. If you have not already credited your flights to Air Canada, you can try to credit them instead to Aegean.

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 09:54:39 PM »
Once, you have earned the miles, you can't transfer status miles from Air Canada to Aegean. If you have not already credited your flights to Air Canada, you can try to credit them instead to Aegean.

+1

Also note that Aegean is notorious for not answering communication about anything the computer won't do automatically.

Offline dealvr

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA ExPlat, Qantas Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 11:56:17 AM »
Hi,
I need about 300 status miles to become prestige on Air Canada after the rest of my flights for this year.  Is there any way to get these status miles besides just booking another flight?  Is it even worth the effort to become Prestige on Air Canada?  I read about the Aegan Airlines levels and tried to transfer my miles there to get their status but so far I have received no response from them (waiting about 3 weeks).  Any other ideas?
A couple years back I was ~500 miles short and they gave it to me automatically. YMMV.
Hey there! I am using WhatsApp.