Author Topic: Buy $100 VISA or Mastercard Gift Cards, get $15 Staples Gift Card after rebate  (Read 53646 times)

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
So I bought 10 $100 cards today and submitted a rebate online.

Question: When I was submitting the rebate, I only entered one offer number and one easy rebate ID number.  I have 10 cards on the receipt.  Do I need to enter this information 9 more times or will it suffice with the one submission?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
One submission.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
Awesome, thanks.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
Cashing out the cards.  Now just waiting for AP to finish pending.  I hope it doesn't take too long...

Offline ADanFan

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG BusinessGold, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Gold MR, Delta Gold
Yes - I just got my $150 rebate confirmation.

2 Ques about APay:
#1- If you do the AP, then can you still make a $1,000 'send money' during the month of November on a real charge card?
#2- Is there a charge for cashing our those 10 $100 gift cards?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
No.
No.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
One submission.
I did one submission earlier today for 10, and it still looks ( it looks as if only one registered, should I manually submit ten?)like this:
Rebate Description   Status   Rebate Offer
Rebate 1:
Rebate Offer: 12-28680
Get a $15 Staples Gift Card on Purchase of $100 or more on Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards at Staples Stores Only   Submission received.
Validation in progress.

Offline Ddawg

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
WHen using amazon payments to cash them out- do i send 100 at a time or 1000 at once?

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
@cbc
Don't worry. It needs time to get the info about your purchase from the store.
It will update by itself. No need for another submission.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
I also submitted the rebate to Staples today. At first it looked like only 1, but I got an email about 4 hours later that said that all 10 were successfully registered.I wouldn't worry, all should be okay.

Offline Dumple

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
If you enter 10 x $100 VISA gift cards to Amazon Payments, do you have to send $100 ten separate times to another person?  Or can you send $1,000 and the system will continually ask you for more payment methods until you reach $1,000?   By the way, I was able to enter the 10 x $100 gift cards to my regular Amazon account and they are all available in my Amazon Payment account to fund payments. 

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
I just sent $100 10x and it worked without a problem.

Offline Yitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
If you enter 10 x $100 VISA gift cards to Amazon Payments, do you have to send $100 ten separate times to another person?  Or can you send $1,000 and the system will continually ask you for more payment methods until you reach $1,000?   By the way, I was able to enter the 10 x $100 gift cards to my regular Amazon account and they are all available in my Amazon Payment account to fund payments. 
i tried paying someone after i entered the gc on amazon and it said failed. It seems like you have to paythe value of each card

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Buy $100 VISA or Mastercard Gift Cards, get $15 Staples Gift Card after rebate
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »
Is this still going on? Walked not a Staples today and was told this was a promo only for last week...

Go to staples.com and look at the online circular for your location. It should be there. Print it out just in case.

When I went into my local staples on Sunday. They still had up a $10 rebate poster. Then I looked and that was for a couple weeks ago. So they took it down. Then it rang up with the rebate forms no problem.

Offline Dumple

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
i tried paying someone after i entered the gc on amazon and it said failed. It seems like you have to paythe value of each card

Don't forget to follow Dan's hint in his post about entering a different gc expiration date, then immediately changing the expiration date to the correct one.  I was able to send the full amount of the gc after following his hint.  Apparently when adding gift cards, Amazon does a $1 temporary authorization so that only $99 (for example) out of a $100 gc is available to send.  If you wait long enough the temp. authorization should go away, but adding the wrong expiration date gets around this.  If you didn't follow the hint, maybe you can only send $99 not $100? 

Offline Mimi K.

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Don't forget to follow Dan's hint in his post about entering a different gc expiration date, then immediately changing the expiration date to the correct one.  I was able to send the full amount of the gc after following his hint.  Apparently when adding gift cards, Amazon does a $1 temporary authorization so that only $99 (for example) out of a $100 gc is available to send.  If you wait long enough the temp. authorization should go away, but adding the wrong expiration date gets around this.  If you didn't follow the hint, maybe you can only send $99 not $100?
This problem (usually) only occurs when you add the card before sending the $ but if you "Send $100" and then use a new card they just bill $100 once  ;) (IME but YMMV)
"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Free Stuff!" 8)

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
+1 When I sent $100 10x, I added the cards when it asked me to select a payment type.  I chose credit card, add new card and it worked like a charm.

Offline MarkTelefono

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
I have an amazon payments account, but I'm not sure how to load the gift cards on it.  I only see the ability to add funds from a bank account. Can someone point me in the right direction.  If it's better, you can PM me.

Thanks

Offline myb821

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
correct i believe it falls off after 1 week

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
couple o hours ime