Author Topic: Israeli airstrike kills Hamas leader  (Read 79475 times)

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Israeli airstrike kills Hamas leader
« Reply #500 on: November 21, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »
Back in the day when Israel's economy was way in the dumps and inflation sky high. One of the ideas brought up on the table by one of the ministers was to start a war with the US, and when America would inevitably win they would have to take over the fledgling Israel economy. The idea was vetoed by Golda Mayer who said (in her typical accent): "But what if we win? What will we do with the whole big America?"
Like!
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline WhyAich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 21, 2012, 08:49:42 PM »
Like!

+1
she was known for her lines :)
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline hocker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 21, 2012, 09:00:57 PM »
+1
I'm not going to post the one against a certain ethnic population.

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #503 on: November 21, 2012, 09:08:53 PM »
Please..
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #504 on: November 21, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »
+1
I don't think this one was actually said you know...

Offline sim

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 21, 2012, 09:53:38 PM »
i think you are referring to ben gurion

Offline hocker

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 21, 2012, 10:15:41 PM »
I hate the Arabs because...

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #507 on: November 21, 2012, 10:29:09 PM »
Because?
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline chaimmayer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 21, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »
unfortunately it's still true

Offline dirah

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 21, 2012, 10:40:24 PM »
No I am not an isolationist and I do believe the US should and does support Israel but that does not change the fact that the US is on the short end of the stick on this deal.
So you mean to say that you're sort of an isolationist? Do we focus on what is right, or on self-interests?
I hope the PM never tries to use the "USA is next" line on "O".
You don't have to "use the line" on a rational person, he gets it anyways. As with regards to "O"...
Do you think are support of Israel had anything to do with this (911)?
I like to think that U.S. support for Israel is because it is the right thing to do. But if you want to argue from the point of self-interest and self-preservation, then of course it doesn't start with 911, it is the whole history and dynamics of the region.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:58:36 PM by dirah »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: November 22, 2012, 01:16:23 AM »
It sounds good but it will not work. If other Arab nations get involved Israel does not have enough resources to fight a war on different fronts.

Not so quickly. If we can afford billions on military expenditures, we can spend that instead on resettling these people.

The us is very invested in the safety of Israel as it's singular true ally in the region. That being said, they would be just fine without Israel. Not so much the other way (from a monetary perspective and security council).

I agree there is no end game. But not because of other Arab nations but because Israel would never kill 35,000 people, even if they were militants. This conflict has no solution (other than the bias goel tzedek)

I disagree on all points:

1. US knows (but won't admit) it needs Israel, for intelligence, as a foothold, etc. etc.
2. Israel couldn't done much better for itself it it didn't take any $$ from the US after 1967. The arabs were shamed and afraid of us after 1967/1973 wars, and if Israel played that to their advantage they'd have a much smaller military budget and a much more prosperous economy (starting with Sinai oil). While it's too late to undo all of that overnight, we can slowly work towards that, and that begins with the Jewish pride Israel showed in '67/'73.
3. While we'll be in golus until bias goel tzedek (in English: we'll be i exile until the redemption of Messiah), there's a lot we could do in a golus world that we aren't doing, and it requires putting our foot down and stopping to such up to the USA so much. The cease-fire tonight was the ultimate sign of weakness, may HKB"H protect us all.

Do you think are support of Israel had anything to do with this (911)?

The cold war is unfortunately still simmering, it's insane to think that in 2012 the Russians are still interested in unrest in the midddle east :'(

Back in the day when Israel's economy was way in the dumps and inflation sky high. One of the ideas brought up on the table by one of the ministers was to start a war with the US, and when America would inevitably win they would have to take over the fledgling Israel economy. The idea was vetoed by Golda Mayer who said (in her typical accent): "But what if we win? What will we do with the whole big America?"

The 51st state, even before PR :D
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #511 on: November 22, 2012, 08:00:04 AM »
Not much of a difference, Israels Founding Fathers' attitude towards said ethnic group are well known (though admittedly probably better then Americas Founding Fathers' attitude to another ethnic group), although in this case I heard it in the name of BG too.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #512 on: November 22, 2012, 08:30:12 AM »
I was discussing this war with a Muslim and he said just look at what the Israeli leaders hold and that shows why they persecute the Palestinians with out care for human life.

“The Palestinians” would be crushed like grasshoppers … heads smashed against the boulders and walls.” ” Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988

“When we have settled the land, all the Arabs will be able to do about it will be to scurry around like drugged cockroaches in a bottle.” Raphael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defence Forces, New York Times, 14 April 1983.

“We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population.” Israel Koenig, “The Koenig Memorandum”

“We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves.” Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv, October 1983.

“We Jews, we are the destroyers and will remain the destroyers. Nothing you can do will meet our demands and needs. We will forever destroy because we want a world of our own.” (You Gentiles, by Jewish Author Maurice Samuels, p. 155).
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #513 on: November 22, 2012, 08:46:46 AM »
I was discussing this war with a Muslim and he said just look at what the Israeli leaders hold and that shows why they persecute the Palestinians with out care for human life.

“The Palestinians” would be crushed like grasshoppers … heads smashed against the boulders and walls.” ” Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988

“When we have settled the land, all the Arabs will be able to do about it will be to scurry around like drugged cockroaches in a bottle.” Raphael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defence Forces, New York Times, 14 April 1983.

“We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population.” Israel Koenig, “The Koenig Memorandum”

“We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves.” Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv, October 1983.

“We Jews, we are the destroyers and will remain the destroyers. Nothing you can do will meet our demands and needs. We will forever destroy because we want a world of our own.” (You Gentiles, by Jewish Author Maurice Samuels, p. 155).
As they say: "actions speak louder then words"

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #514 on: November 22, 2012, 09:06:44 AM »
"would be" ???
Sounds like this is being quoted out of context

That's a military person saying "we won, deal with it". So what?

The last 3 are worthless. I'm sure there are people who wrote "Memorandum", books, or are associated with re-election committees of mayors in the US, that have said worse about black people and slavery.
It's a typical propaganda move. Start with someone who means something, quote them saying something moderately offensive out of context, and end with some nut jobs. So every associates them together, and assumes that a PM of Israel said something crazy
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline YankyDoodle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 22, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »

1) I never heard of any of these "leaders" (maybe just me showing my ignorance). 2)I want to see context before I believe any of them. 3) There are always going to be exceptions to the rule, but look at the typical palestinian (holding gun, shouting death to Jews) vs the typical Israeli (cleaning blood to respect those who were murdered).

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #516 on: November 22, 2012, 09:15:07 AM »
1) I never heard of any of these "leaders" (maybe just me showing my ignorance). 2)I want to see context before I believe any of them. 3) There are always going to be exceptions to the rule, but look at the typical palestinian (holding gun, shouting death to Jews) vs the typical Israeli (cleaning blood to respect those who were murdered).
Really? Cause I've never seen a Palestinian in real life holding a gun, but I've seen plenty of Israeli's holding guns yelling death to all arabs. Don't know what alternate reality you're living in
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #517 on: November 22, 2012, 09:16:52 AM »
you did? where?

Offline hocker

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 22, 2012, 09:20:16 AM »
Really? Cause I've never seen a Palestinian in real life holding a gun, but I've seen plenty of Israeli's holding guns yelling death to all arabs. Don't know what alternate reality you're living in
Had you seen a Palestinian with a Gun you would have not been around to tell us the story :D

Offline ChAiM'l

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 22, 2012, 09:20:29 AM »