Author Topic: Israeli airstrike kills Hamas leader  (Read 78720 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Israeli airstrike kills Hamas leader
« Reply #480 on: November 21, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »
Nothing wrong with dreaming but I was serious with my question. It is easy to say “finish the job” but what does that entail? What other Arab countries will jump in? When that happens (not if) what is the US going to do?
I suppose when Hamas losses control of the region and they are no longer allowed in Gaza?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline YudiG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 21, 2012, 05:21:06 PM »
I'd die to see how Bibi is doing in the polls tomorrow...

ive been a long time bibi fan...i even sided with him and the obama/iran issue...but with the us and world - at least publicly behind him - this was the golden chance to do some damage to the terrorists

its long but i'll share this joke/story which illustrates

an arab walked into an israeli bank and handed the teller an unsigned check and asked to cash it...the teller looks at him like he is crazy and tells him he cant do it...the arab and him go back and forth for a while and after 15 minutes the arab gives up and leaves the bank.

he goes across the street to the other bank and asks the teller to cash the check...meanwhile the original teller sees this go on and notices that after just 1 minute, the arab runs out of the bank bloodied and beaten holding onto the ripped check..

the teller asks the arab, tell me what happened? why did we go back and forth for 15 minutes but at the other bank you came out running for your life after 60 seconds?

the arab replied, you told me you couldn't do it, the other teller explained it....

that my friends is the middle east conflict in a nutshell...this was our chance to do some explaining...but alas it was for naught...i highly doubt bibi will renege on the ceasefire and launch a ground op...but i hope he proves me wrong

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #482 on: November 21, 2012, 05:41:34 PM »
Minutes and hours after is no chiddush.
The question is what will be tomorrow.
It was expected, the arab mentality demands that they be the last to fire so as not to lose face.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 21, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »
Nothing wrong with dreaming but I was serious with my question. It is easy to say “finish the job” but what does that entail? What other Arab countries will jump in? When that happens (not if) what is the US going to do?

I don't think we have to worry about other countries getting involved so quickly.

I think we should raze a certain area of Gaza (e.g. 2 houses, or 20, or whatever) for every rocket fired (after evacuating it), if there are casualties that number (the area razed) multiplies.  And I'm all for paying these gazans to leave, and paying their host countries to take them, as long as it's clear they're no longer welcome in Israel.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
Re: Re: Israeli airstrike kills Hamas leader
« Reply #484 on: November 21, 2012, 06:13:12 PM »
I don't think we have to worry about other countries getting involved so quickly.

I think we should raze a certain area of Gaza (e.g. 2 houses, or 20, or whatever) for every rocket fired (after evacuating it), if there are casualties that number (the area razed) multiplies.
Agreed (perhaps even without evacuating)

And I'm all for paying these gazans to leave, and paying their host countries to take them, as long as it's clear they're no longer welcome in Israel.
In your dreams. No one wants these people. Look at the Palestinians still in dp camps since '48
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline LeeW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 21, 2012, 06:36:08 PM »

I think we should raze a certain area of Gaza (e.g. 2 houses, or 20, or whatever) for every rocket fired (after evacuating it), if there are casualties that number (the area razed) multiplies.  And I'm all for paying these gazans to leave, and paying their host countries to take them, as long as it's clear they're no longer welcome in Israel.

Razing homes of Gazans who have done nothing wrong will rain the world's condemnation on Israel faster than you could blink. And the U.S. would probably agree with them . And they'd be right. You can't just go around razing people's houses whenever you want.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 21, 2012, 06:38:23 PM »
Razing homes of Gazans who have done nothing wrong will rain the world's condemnation on Israel faster than you could blink. And the U.S. would probably agree with them . And they'd be right. You can't just go around razing people's houses whenever you want.

They could leave, we'll give them a house in Jordan.

Let the world condemn all they want, if we're strong we will prevail. Giving into outside pressure has cost us too much for too long, we should finally grow a pair (collectively) and stand up for ourselves.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #487 on: November 21, 2012, 06:54:02 PM »
As Harav Kahane said, why don't we end up the second part of the exchange?
There had been 400,000 Jews who left Iraq and even more who left Iran and other Arab countries to settle in Israel during the years following '48, now let's deport an equal amount of Arabs from Israel to all these Arab countries.
That would be fair. Why were we left stuck with the first part of the exchange and didn't accomplish the second?
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 21, 2012, 06:55:27 PM »
Let the world condemn all they want, if we're strong we will prevail. Giving into outside pressure has cost us too much for too long, we should finally grow a pair (collectively) and stand up for ourselves.
It sounds good but it will not work. If other Arab nations get involved Israel does not have enough resources to fight a war on different fronts.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #489 on: November 21, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »
Oh I forgot we have a Kahana fan here :))

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 21, 2012, 07:12:56 PM »
Oh I forgot we have a Kahana fan here :))
I thought he changed his mind ...

Offline dirah

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 21, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »
It sounds good but it will not work. If other Arab nations get involved Israel does not have enough resources to fight a war on different fronts.
In does have the resources, because it is the only reliable US ally in the middle east, and an alliance is a two-way street.
Why would/should/will the USA come through? View this:

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 21, 2012, 07:39:39 PM »
In does have the resources, because it is the only reliable US ally in the middle east, and an alliance is a two-way street.
Why would/should/will the USA come through? View this:
I am still trying to figure out this two-way street. It looks more like a one-way street to me.

Offline dirah

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 21, 2012, 07:50:04 PM »
I am still trying to figure out this two-way street. It looks more like a one-way street to me.
Your're right, it looks like a one-way street, because Israel doesn't hold the USA to it.
When they stand up and do just that, you will start seeing a two-way street.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 21, 2012, 08:02:25 PM »
Your're right, it looks like a one-way street, because Israel doesn't hold the USA to it.
When they stand up and do just that, you will start seeing a two-way street.
What does the US get out of this?

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
Re: Re: Israeli airstrike kills Hamas leader
« Reply #495 on: November 21, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »
The us is very invested in the safety of Israel as it's singular true ally in the region. That being said, they would be just fine without Israel. Not so much the other way (from a monetary perspective and security council).

I agree there is no end game. But not because of other Arab nations but because Israel would never kill 35,000 people, even if they were militants. This conflict has no solution (other than the bias goel tzedek)

Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline dirah

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 21, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »
What does the US get out of this?
For the sake of argument, let's say nothing... are you an isolationist?
Now to be practical, from an Islamic militant point of view, once Israel is out of the way, G-d forbid, the USA is next.
And they haven't been waiting too patiently in that regard either, do you remember how we got caught up in Afghanistan?

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 21, 2012, 08:35:43 PM »
For the sake of argument, let's say nothing... are you an isolationist?
Now to be practical, from an Islamic militant point of view, once Israel is out of the way, G-d forbid, the USA is next.
And they haven't been waiting too patiently in that regard either, do you remember how we got caught up in Afghanistan?
No I am not an isolationist and I do believe the US should and does support Israel but that does not change the fact that the US is on the short end of the stick on this deal. I hope the PM never tries to use the "USA is next" line on "O".

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 21, 2012, 08:37:53 PM »
Do you think are support of Israel had anything to do with this (911)?

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #499 on: November 21, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »
Back in the day when Israel's economy was way in the dumps and inflation sky high. One of the ideas brought up on the table by one of the ministers was to start a war with the US, and when America would inevitably win they would have to take over the fledgling Israel economy. The idea was vetoed by Golda Mayer who said (in her typical accent): "But what if we win? What will we do with the whole big America?"