Author Topic: Israeli airstrike kills Hamas leader  (Read 78698 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Israeli airstrike kills Hamas leader
« Reply #560 on: November 23, 2012, 07:08:20 AM »
@HelpMe 3 billion a year is a drop in the bucket of the US defense spending and to have a very strong democratic ally in the middle east I think that's well worth it. Whether it is for spy information, example the joint projects they've done against Iran which is mutually benifitial, or just a place they know is a line of defense against terrorism that could come to the US. In addition Israel has contributed significantly to world technology. And for 3 billion dollars a year theUS is allowing all these great things to happen. Israel truly wouldn't be as far a long today if it weren't for US aid, but I do believe its worth it. For heavens sake we give some 2 billion to Egypt every year what the heck did that ever do for the US?

Another factor is the US Jewish population is very influential in congress and lobiests run this country, so when ever you discuss this you have to keep I'm mind the pressure from US Jews and Christians that want our government to give them aid. A country must do what its citizens want right?

Eta- just Google Israel achivments ans you can be very satisfied at what type of country Israel is and what they have accomplished. My favorite is a smart chip that is in every new cell phone. Tell that to all the people who refuse to use Israeli products...

Also something that baffels me is that if the palastinian/Hamas type people lived in the US and tried to establish their way of life by oppressing women and killing homosexuals then the ACLU and every liberal rights group will demand they be brought to justice, but when they do this stuff across the globe those same people say give them their own country. Just confuses me.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:24:40 AM by jj1000 »
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 23, 2012, 09:48:32 AM »
@jj1000 – I am all for giving more aid to Israel. I am just stick and tired of this crying/complaining that US is not a strong allied. Don’t ask/lobby for someone’s help and then blame them for your problems when you get it. 
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline moish

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #563 on: November 24, 2012, 12:17:49 PM »
Happened 3 times so far....
not quite...
in '73, if the US wouldnt have supplied israel at the 11th hour, the landscape would be a lot different today

Offline U-no-me!

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 25, 2012, 03:28:22 AM »
LOL

Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 28, 2012, 07:56:50 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Offline Steven

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 29, 2012, 12:35:02 PM »
I am friends with someone at NJIT and he just forwarded this message to me.
I found it very touching and heartwarming. (btw the guy who was the head of project that developed Iron Dome is  shomer shabbos)

Subject: FW: A message of gratitude

Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:47 AM
    To: Elliot Brandt; Brian Abrahams; Natalie Lascar; Alicia Mog
    Subject: A message of gratitude

Elliot, Brian, Natalie, Alicia, hi.

Now that the bullets have stopped flying, I wanted to pass this message to as many people as I know, but especially to those who dedicate their lives to the State of Israel. The message is from me, and me only. Please feel free to pass it to anyone pertinent.

Without a doubt, Operation Defensive Shield would have looked very different had Iron dome not been operational. The system intercepted hundreds of rockets that were headed straight into the heart of residential areas. Iron Dome saved lives, protected property, and gave people a sense of security, something that they had been missing for more than a decade. Iron Dome was the product of the hard work of unbelievably dedicated and talented people. On Thursday I came to work only to see some friends of mine run out of the building, telling me they were "off to set up a battery in Tel Aviv". Turns out that they worked for 48 hours straight, into Shabbat, not pausing to change their clothing, shower, or even to eat, but they set up that battery. And three hours later, that battery shot down a Fajr-5 headed straight for Tel Aviv.

Since 2010, the people of the United States of America have given the State of Israel nearly 300 million dollars for the procurement of Iron Dome. Another 600 million has been allocated. You people should know that Iron Dome  batteries that were funded with American money played a critical part in the conflict.  Your money, your help, saved lives. There are people walking around today who are eating falafel, learning Torah, or just playing with their children, who would not be here today if it were not for the United States of America. To this end, no words will ever suffice.
    But let me try: Thank you.     

And may G-d Almighty bless America.

Cheers,   

Ari                                                                           

Ari Sacher

System Development

Short Range Missile Defense

Rafael

Offline sawlw

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 29, 2012, 01:22:06 PM »
I am friends with someone at NJIT and he just forwarded this message to me.
I found it very touching and heartwarming. (btw the guy who was the head of project that developed Iron Dome is  shomer shabbos)

Subject: FW: A message of gratitude

Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:47 AM
    To: Elliot Brandt; Brian Abrahams; Natalie Lascar; Alicia Mog
    Subject: A message of gratitude

Elliot, Brian, Natalie, Alicia, hi.

Now that the bullets have stopped flying, I wanted to pass this message to as many people as I know, but especially to those who dedicate their lives to the State of Israel. The message is from me, and me only. Please feel free to pass it to anyone pertinent.

Without a doubt, Operation Defensive Shield would have looked very different had Iron dome not been operational. The system intercepted hundreds of rockets that were headed straight into the heart of residential areas. Iron Dome saved lives, protected property, and gave people a sense of security, something that they had been missing for more than a decade. Iron Dome was the product of the hard work of unbelievably dedicated and talented people. On Thursday I came to work only to see some friends of mine run out of the building, telling me they were "off to set up a battery in Tel Aviv". Turns out that they worked for 48 hours straight, into Shabbat, not pausing to change their clothing, shower, or even to eat, but they set up that battery. And three hours later, that battery shot down a Fajr-5 headed straight for Tel Aviv.

Since 2010, the people of the United States of America have given the State of Israel nearly 300 million dollars for the procurement of Iron Dome. Another 600 million has been allocated. You people should know that Iron Dome  batteries that were funded with American money played a critical part in the conflict.  Your money, your help, saved lives. There are people walking around today who are eating falafel, learning Torah, or just playing with their children, who would not be here today if it were not for the United States of America. To this end, no words will ever suffice.

And may G-d Almighty bless America.

Cheers,   

Ari                                                                           

Ari Sacher

System Development

Short Range Missile Defense

Rafael

huh? Pillar of defense / עמוד הענן

Offline L'Chaim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 29, 2012, 02:42:46 PM »

Offline daganster

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
« Reply #569 on: November 30, 2012, 12:24:47 AM »
That's cute. I don't really get the point of Israel always making a point to explain to the world that they have a right to defend themselves, but they never do!

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #570 on: November 30, 2012, 12:42:03 AM »

And may G-d Almighty bless America
That is what true allies are for.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 03, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 14, 2013, 03:07:01 AM »
anyone know why there is a siren going off now??!!!   

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 14, 2013, 03:08:55 AM »

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #574 on: February 14, 2013, 03:10:21 AM »
Lol. Was gonna post it last night and forgot
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com