Author Topic: Looking for a great deal for a great hotel NYC for Thanksgiving  (Read 1309 times)

Offline DanK

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Looking for a great deal for a great hotel NYC for Thanksgiving
« on: November 19, 2012, 12:18:38 PM »
Anyone know of a great deal on a nice hotel 4 or 5 stars in NYC for Thanksgiving?
I don't want to use points I just got hooked on dansdeals and I set my goal on 1,000,000 points for this year for a mega trip to Israel for my family.

Thanks
DanK

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a great deal for a great hotel NYC for Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:20:48 PM »
Anyone know of a great deal on a nice hotel 4 or 5 stars in NYC for Thanksgiving?
I don't want to use points I just got hooked on dansdeals and I set my goal on 1,000,000 points for this year for a mega trip to Israel for my family.

Thanks
DanK

1,000,000 (depending which points, obviously), might not be that much depending on what kind of trip you're planning and how many kids you have.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 12:24:50 PM »
Andaz wall street for $275
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline DanK

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 12:30:19 PM »
1,000,000 (depending which points, obviously), might not be that much depending on what kind of trip you're planning and how many kids you have.

Trip to Israel for 2 adults, 7 kids and baby
I just started in the last 2 months (I now have SP MC (x2), SoutW (x2), Ink Bold (x1), I have 3 more biz entities that I hope to get bold and plus for each, and maybe a few AMEX Biz Golds one for each.

What do you think, and how much time should I leave in between applications?

Offline Deals Fan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Spg Platinum, Avis Presidents club, Hertz PC Hyatt Platinum, United Silver
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 07:26:22 PM »

Thanks
DanK
250 The westin grand central

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 11:15:13 PM »
Trip to Israel for 2 adults, 7 kids and baby
I just started in the last 2 months (I now have SP MC (x2), SoutW (x2), Ink Bold (x1), I have 3 more biz entities that I hope to get bold and plus for each, and maybe a few AMEX Biz Golds one for each.

What do you think, and how much time should I leave in between applications?

I'm right, 1mm points ain't much for your family size Ka"H. Even if you had 1mm UR, you'd burn 720k on just r/t economy award tickets (not including your baby). Other currencies would be less, and you haven't factored hotels in...

I doubt Chase will let you get ink (Bold + Plus) x 4 business entities all on your own SSN, please keep us posted on how it plays out. Also, you might want to consider selling your points to brokers and using the cash to pay for your trip. Some of the cheap airfare to TLV similar to those Dan posted recently (which are already expired), and/or cheap flights on Turkish, Aeroflot, Transaero etc. might be best for your budget.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline DanK

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 11:28:37 PM »
I'm right, 1mm points ain't much for your family size Ka"H. Even if you had 1mm UR, you'd burn 720k on just r/t economy award tickets (not including your baby). Other currencies would be less, and you haven't factored hotels in...

I doubt Chase will let you get ink (Bold + Plus) x 4 business entities all on your own SSN, please keep us posted on how it plays out. Also, you might want to consider selling your points to brokers and using the cash to pay for your trip. Some of the cheap airfare to TLV similar to those Dan posted recently (which are already expired), and/or cheap flights on Turkish, Aeroflot, Transaero etc. might be best for your budget.
Can't I churn (still learning the dansdeals lingo)the bold and plus, after I get the bonus, transfer the points to my SP and then close it and open the plus for that biz entity?  And I figure I can explain that I need a separate card for each of my biz to keep the expenses straight for each entity.  Also, at present they have given me $15k-$30k on each of my current cards for a combined credit line of $93,000 in a 2+ month span!?!?  [I have other CCs from before that aren't rewards cards - also not from Chase].I figure if I offer to spread that out a bit between the biz entities... 

I will definitely keep you posted on what works for me and what doesn't.
thnx