Author Topic: AMEX Simply Cash Business Card  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Joel L.

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
AMEX Simply Cash Business Card
« on: June 24, 2008, 01:10:33 PM »
As posted on dansdeals.com about the offer %5 back on gas purchases and no annual fee with the gas prices so high today is considered in my eyes a great deal.

Question: I just signed up 2 months ago for the delta business card and I'm using that for gas puchases now, what am I gaining or losing if I switch to this card from amex? And how do go about switching to that,do I cancel the delta or do I wait for the end of the free year? What's better for my credit score to cancel my delta and replace it with the new card or is it the same thing if I add on one more?!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: AMEX Simply Cash Business Card
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 01:19:11 PM »
Are you going to use the benefits on the Delta card such as the 5% off Delta tickets? Have you gotten the Delta signup bonus yet?

I would just apply for the SimplyCash card and when the annual fee comes up on your Delta card I would transfer over the credit line to another AMEX card and close the Delta card.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Joel L.

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 01:28:11 PM »
I have the delta consumer card as well, I didn't check if I received the bonus offer obviously I wouldn't cancel the card without making sure to receive the signup bonus.

The only question I still have is would it affect my credit score if I add on a additional card (which I have at least 6 open now) or if I cancel one it will level it to the same total cards I had before.

Thanks again Dan

Offline sns

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 05:15:11 PM »
i received a letter from amex alerting me to changes on my simplycash card. starting august 15th cash back will change from 5% to 3% for gas and only up to the first $12,000 in gas charges, beyond that will be only 1%.
anyone else get this?

Online gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 08:00:47 PM »
i got that months ago

i would advise the original question to call up amex and do a product change

Online pghtown

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 08:44:56 PM »
Just received a notice that I was "selected" to apply for the new SimplyCash Plus Card. $1,000 cash back on $10,000 purchases in first three months (my business expenses should cover that).  5% Cashback on wireless phone services and 5% off a category of my choice (e.g. hotels). No annual fee.  Seems like a great offer.  Thoughts from DDF experts?