Author Topic: 200K Continental Points  (Read 1801 times)

Offline YudiG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
200K Continental Points
« on: May 16, 2010, 02:02:45 PM »
Can anyone suggest what my wife and I can do with 200K Continental points and make the most of them?

Don't have to get to specific - just a general idea would be helpful.

We'd be departing out of TLV...dates are July 4th through August 23, 2010

Thanks!

Offline eliteflyer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 200K Continental Points
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 05:23:37 PM »
With the exception of Southern South America (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay) you have enough miles for both of you to fly round-trip anywhere in the world (including The US, Asia, Hawaii, Australia etc.) With creative routing, you can get in numerous free lay-overs less than 24 hours and at least 1 free stop-over.

In Business Class, you have enough miles to take you both numerous places, but the options are more limited.

Where are you interested in going....What do you want to do, Do you want to visit family, hotels, beaches, cities etc?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 02:47:44 PM »

In Business Class, you have enough miles to take you both numerous places, but the options are more limited.

if they want to hit the US then they do NOT have enough miles as its 115k per biz tkt , 95k gets a person 1 way Biz and 1 way coach

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 04:13:39 PM »
Do
if they want to hit the US then they do NOT have enough miles as its 115k per biz tkt , 95k gets a person 1 way Biz and 1 way coach
Dont mean to be rude, but where did I state that they have enough for a RT in BIZ to the US?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 04:36:44 PM »
DoDont mean to be rude, but where did I state that they have enough for a RT in BIZ to the US?

likewise where did I say that U said they had enough, Chill man, all I was doing is alerting the OP to the fact that 1- 200k isnt enough for 2 Biz tkts to the US on *A and I was assuming since he did say "my wife and I.." that they wouldnt be interested in getting 1 Biz and 1 coach and end up not sitting together.

so 2- I threw out that they could get 1 way Biz and 1 way Coach for 95k, most people think and Rightly so its all or none and they couldnt split it up with 2 different classes on 1 tkt. i say rightly so since it wasnt till recently that a # of Programs allowed for a mixed award, for yrs it was all or nothing. there still may be some programs that are still all or nothing
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:04:39 PM by steve2 »

Offline Mikeoracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 04:52:37 PM »
i say rightly so since it wasnt till recently that a # of Programs allowed for a mixed award, for yrs it was all or nothing. there still may be some programs that are still all or nothing
ANA doesnt allow it- they charge the amount of points required for the leg in the highest class across the board. i.e. So even if you do 4 legs all in coach except one in business you need to pay in miles for the whole itin in biz.

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 11:06:53 PM »
likewise where did I say that U said they had enough, Chill man, all I was doing is alerting the OP to the fact that 1- 200k isnt enough for 2 Biz tkts to the US on *A and I was assuming since he did say "my wife and I.." that they wouldnt be interested in getting 1 Biz and 1 coach and end up not sitting together.

so 2- I threw out that they could get 1 way Biz and 1 way Coach for 95k, most people think and Rightly so its all or none and they couldnt split it up with 2 different classes on 1 tkt. i say rightly so since it wasnt till recently that a # of Programs allowed for a mixed award, for yrs it was all or nothing. there still may be some programs that are still all or nothing
No hard feelings. Point well taken