Author Topic: KVISH "6"  (Read 5780 times)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
KVISH "6"
« on: May 18, 2010, 02:24:49 AM »
The last time I was in Israel 3 years ago, KVISH SHESH (Highway 6), was rather new and still being built in many sections. I also remember car rental companies asking me if I planned on using it (or if I used it) due to tolls. The question I have are as follows:

1- Seeing a map from 3 years ago,it showed the planned route stretching I believe from Beer Sheva all the way up North near Haifa. Is it in fact what happened, and entirely built?

2- Is there still tolls? How many Shekel from Yerushalayim to Tiveria for example each way? How is it paid?

3- If yes, how do the car rental companies figure out how much you owe, when you return the car?

4- From Yerushalaim to Tiveria, are you better of taking it or the BIKAH? What about from Tel aviv?

Thanks to your responses to all the questions!!

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: KVISH "6"
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 02:47:37 AM »
 yes its still a toll road, and if you are using a rental car you will pay twice, 1- the amount of the tolls (its electronic and the rental car comp will pay it and charge yoy 2- most rental companys will charge you a fee if you use the '6" thats besides the tolls. you pay it 1 time per month, I understood a couple of yrs ago if you lets say use it on 5/31 to go North and use it again on 6/2 to go back South they will charge you twice once per month, use the '6' 10 times in any 1 month you pay the fee 1 time but you still pay the tolls each time U use it

dont know the monthly fee the rentals charge nor the amount of the tolls. I was told its 20 sheks Yeru to Kefar Saba

ive never used it but might if I was heading North from TA but from Yeru I always use derech ha beka alot more scenic. PM moish for amount of the tolls a she has posted he has used it, dont know if he has gotten the bill yet

I think the '6' is better if you are heading North of Tiveria but derech ha beka might be alot quicker if you are heading into Tiveria 1st

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 06:49:20 AM »
i personally enjoy driving the bikaa since im convinced its shorter distance wise (and cheaper), and if none of my passengers realize, i take it, and when they find out its too late. the reason why passengers dont like it is because you pass thru an arab village or two on the way, and if you like to travel w/ speed it can be a very nauseating experience for them (not for me). as far as price, its not cheap. last year i went on lag bomer both ways, picked it up on the one, and it cost me around $30 total. but its definitely a smoother ride and just as fast, if not faster (i think)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 09:39:44 AM »
i personally enjoy driving the bikaa since im convinced its shorter distance wise (and cheaper), and if none of my passengers realize, i take it, and when they find out its too late. the reason why passengers dont like it is because you pass thru an arab village or two on the way, and if you like to travel w/ speed it can be a very nauseating experience for them (not for me). as far as price, its not cheap. last year i went on lag bomer both ways, picked it up on the one, and it cost me around $30 total. but its definitely a smoother ride and just as fast, if not faster (i think)

yep I know what U mean about its not so bad if you are the driver,LoL

actually the road to Ein Boqeq (same road just going South instead of North) is alot worse curve wise and has alot more areas where its very dangerous to actually pass another car, but as U can see Im still alive and can post about it

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 09:49:25 AM »

actually the road to Ein Boqeq (same road just going South instead of North) is alot worse curve wise and has alot more areas where its very dangerous to actually pass another car, but as U can see Im still alive and can post about it
agree that is horrible roads. in my younger years i tried to get to the dead sea hotels from j-m in under an hour but i couldnt. 1 hour is still my personal record.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 09:50:10 AM »

Ah that explains it, I only know the one going to ein bokek, I thought you meant to go 180 there...

You would be churning miles in gan eden....

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 10:01:22 AM »
Ah that explains it, I only know the one going to ein bokek, I thought you meant to go 180 there...

You would be churning miles in gan eden....

going that way there are a few places you can get it up to 180 but i usually keep it at 140ish except for the mountain passes but if U know when to take your foot off the gas then shift into Neutral and when to shift back to drive just as you are about to hit the main part of the curve you can actually do it at apx 90 w/o hitting your brake. I will watch the speed Im going next time Im in Israel and heading down there to get a better idea but i can do most of them w/o touching the brake simply by doing as I explained with playing with the transmission (with an automatic car)

and no I dont want to be a passenger when someone else is driving like I do, especially during those times that i didnt slow down enough and take the turn too fast I can Brace myself and watch as everyone else starts throwing up,LoL
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:03:56 AM by steve2 »

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 10:12:20 AM »
Never go off gear in turns as your wheels loose the grip.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 10:15:23 AM »
Never go off gear in turns as your wheels loose the grip.

true but it allows me to avoid braking

I guess next time I can go via an Antwepern Bus but then it would take a couple of days to get down there. happy i got that pic of your famous Bus

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 11:02:38 AM »
Not sure what bus you are taking about.

Note: in lots of countries (also israel) buses have on them the word "vanHool" which make the outer part for buses.
It was funny to see egged buses drive in antwerp on the way to the harbor.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 11:08:13 AM »
Not sure what bus you are taking about.

Note: in lots of countries (also israel) buses have on them the word "vanHool" which make the outer part for buses.
It was funny to see egged buses drive in antwerp on the way to the harbor.

U forget very fast

I was talking about the bus that leaves every hour and has but 1 horse power for its engine power. leaves from opposite the City hall in that main sq

for those that wont understand it has only 1 horse power for its engine since its engine is in fact 1 Horse

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 11:12:13 AM »
I didn't forget, but I thought it was called a carriage or wagon.
It was actually 2X 1HP.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 11:22:09 AM »
I didn't forget, but I thought it was called a carriage or wagon.
It was actually 2X 1HP.

not in the Tour books

U are correct I just looked at the pics and theres a brown horse besides the white 1, I guess its me that has a short memory

hey that means I could get to Ein Boqeq faster

it was nice seeing the pics of that cellar again, the good ole memories

have a Gut Yom tov, its getting late here and Im eating in Beit VeGan tonight, wont be as good as the meal moish desribed elsewhere, actually moishes menu is my reg menu by friends in Lakewood , so i will have it all this coming Shabbos in Lakewood ( ribs/duck and veal)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:25:49 AM by steve2 »

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 11:24:02 AM »
not in the Tour books

U are correct I just looked at the pics and theres a brown horse besides the white 1, I guess its me that has a short memory

hey that means I could get to Ein Boqeq faster

How does memory loss shorten drive time?

As someone once asked: Whats the fastest way to get to the hospital?

Answer: Close your eyes, and cross the street...