Author Topic: Returning a car to TLV if coming from Yeru  (Read 10945 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Returning a car to TLV if coming from Yeru
« on: May 20, 2010, 04:35:58 AM »
 1- load up your car before leaving Yeru when it stops put in another 5 sheks

2- dont go over 100 kmph for more then a couple of mins

3- = you will make it to the car return with it still showing Full at least that was the case for me with a mazda3

4- getting there get off 1 exit before the main airport exit, its 2 kms before, it will say Ramla/Petach Tikva its route 40

at the end of the exit make a Right and get into the Left lane. after the Paz fuel tanks on your Left is a traffic light make a Left turn and go around the circle and you will see the checkpoint booth. (if you need gas theres an Alon on the corner as you go around the circle * Note Ive found Alon to at times limit you to 20 sheks in gas if using a non-Israeli CC , I dont know what this does!

OK now once thru the checkpoint continue straight and in a few moments you will see the Orange sign on your left pointing to the return area. Its the old pick-up lot when there was no term 2 before you  guys were born. Follow the road and it will bring to the area drive straight and pull behind which ever companys booth you rented with

now if U have a bunch of bags and dont see a cart go to the front of the booth where the bus picks u up and most likely you will find a cart take it over to your car and load your bags

the bus comes every 15 mins, it has 14 seats and makes a U as it follows the road in front of each company, thusly if U see alot of people push your cart to the 1st company to make sure U get on the bus

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Returning a car to TLV if coming from Yeru
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 06:08:22 PM »
I always refuel on the way from yeru to TLV, about 15 mins into your trip there is a petrol station.

Drive as you wish, except, keep a steady speed, and you will get there with a full tank.

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 11:13:06 PM »
1- load up your car before leaving Yeru when it stops put in another 5 sheks

2- dont go over 100 kmph for more then a couple of mins

3- = you will make it to the car return with it still showing Full at least that was the case for me with a mazda3

4- getting there get off 1 exit before the main airport exit, its 2 kms before, it will say Ramla/Petach Tikva its route 40

I filled up before I left J-lem and after the "yeridot" I drove on 140 most of the way (with a Getz Automatic that isnt too economic) and it still showed full when I got there....
Your point about the exit is very good and most people don't know about it....

I always refuel on the way from yeru to TLV, about 15 mins into your trip there is a petrol station.

You probably mean the one at Shaar Hagay (which is right before the exit to Beit Shemesh)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:52:05 PM »
Steve2, excellent return directions, thanks!

I filled up near the Ramada and drove about 130kmh the whole way and the needle never left full.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 12:19:52 AM »
Yeah, guess that's the one PAZ. With a little makolet.
Dans the proof that speed doesn't matter.
Just no aggressive acceleration.

By the way, dan, are you writing this message from the lounge named after you in TLV?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 08:03:13 AM »
Yeah, guess that's the one PAZ. With a little makolet.
Dans the proof that speed doesn't matter.
Just no aggressive acceleration.

By the way, dan, are you writing this message from the lounge named after you in TLV?
I think I actually wrote that reply in the *G lounge in BRU.  And using the crazy keyboards on the computer in there are a PITA!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 08:32:24 AM »
here we go with the keyboard:

a z e r t y u i o p

q s d f g h j k l m

w x c v b n

I'll spare you the symbols.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 08:33:04 AM »
I think I actually wrote that reply in the *G lounge in BRU.  And using the crazy keyboards on the computer in there are a PITA!

So you were in BRU, and dint come to say hello??

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 09:17:17 AM »
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 09:29:51 AM by SuperFlyer »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 09:58:51 AM »
 move the map to the left and you will see the "small checkpoint" I used and gave directions to in my 1st post, and this map shows how its much better it is to use

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 02:25:24 PM »
 just wanted to add that the map SF posted might say Avis on it, but ALL the car rental companys are located at the same lot, so disregard the fact that it says Avis if U rented from another company and follow the map or my 1st post

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 03:48:33 PM »
move the map to the left and you will see the "small checkpoint" I used and gave directions to in my 1st post, and this map shows how its much better it is to use

Thanks for the directions. Just wondering what are the main advantages of the route? Is it the fact that you are missing the main checkpoint? Or is it x amount of minutes shorter that the regular way? Or something else I am not aware of?
   Also thanks to superflyer and the map. I would appreciate if someone would point out where on the map is Kvish 1 coming from Yerushalayim, at that exit to route 40 (Ramla Petach Tivka).  Thanks

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 03:57:51 PM »
Thanks for the directions. Just wondering what are the main advantages of the route? Is it the fact that you are missing the main checkpoint? Or is it x amount of minutes shorter that the regular way? Or something else I am not aware of?
   Also thanks to superflyer and the map. I would appreciate if someone would point out where on the map is Kvish 1 coming from Yerushalayim, at that exit to route 40 (Ramla Petach Tivka).  Thanks

I take it you didnt look at the map (SFs post) very carefully, if in fact you had you would have noticed that right under the map is a bar and move it to the right and the rest of the map becomes available!

when you do that you will see where it says "from Lod" thats Route 40 and where a person will be driving from if they exited the TA Hway at the exit for Route 40 Ramla/PT

Shorter I believe as its very direct while using the main exit (entrance) you will have to drive then get off and head back towards where you just came from think of it as a 'U' starting on top of 1 side  needing to get to the top of the other. Or get off at R 40 and its a simple 'L' ( with another bar jutting out on top to the left.)

also since everyone is using the main 1 its usually a bit quicker , usually no Buses or Nesher or Arabs that clog the main place up

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »
I take it you didnt look at the map (SFs post) very carefully, if in fact you had you would have noticed that right under the map is a bar and move it to the right and the rest of the map becomes available!

when you do that you will see where it says "from Lod" thats Route 40 and where a person will be driving from if they exited the TA Hway at the exit for Route 40 Ramla/PT

In fact i did look at it a number of times, but thanks for claryfing that "from Lod" means route 40.
 Im also assuming that Kvish on,e is on the bottom running from east (yeru) to west (Airport). If that's the case, then from looking at the map, once you exit Kvish one and head on the 40, you will be heading somewhat north, as on the map the entrance from Lod seems more north than the main airport entrance on kvish 1. Am I correct?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 05:14:16 PM »
In fact i did look at it a number of times, but thanks for claryfing that "from Lod" means route 40.
 Im also assuming that Kvish on,e is on the bottom running from east (yeru) to west (Airport). If that's the case, then from looking at the map, once you exit Kvish one and head on the 40, you will be heading somewhat north, as on the map the entrance from Lod seems more north than the main airport entrance on kvish 1. Am I correct?

sort of probably more West then North but think of the letter 'L' you are driving on the bottom from Right to Left get off the exit and now are driving straight up at the top you will make a Left and drive straight a sort of Z but with straight lines.

Another friend just called me and Thanked me for calling him before I flew out (yes hes American and holds 1 day also (mentioned him in my PM I sent U) and usually also flys back on YT sheni but couldnt get a flight that worked for him so he left @ 1am Today. he said it was a breeze, just dont drive yourself nuts and it too will be breeze for You

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 04:07:44 AM »
If I drop my wife off first at the terminal, how do I get to the car return from there?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:15:39 AM by Daniel »

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 04:13:08 AM »
Unless someone comes up with something better, I would exit TLV the regular way, and if I'm not mistaken, there are signs leading to TLV airport (or terminal 1/2).
Pls if anyone can confirm.

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 04:16:05 AM »
What terminal is ElAl to USA?

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 04:19:12 AM »
What terminal is ElAl to USA?

Terminal 3

Offline Yosel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 10:13:07 AM »
Unless someone comes up with something better, I would exit TLV the regular way, and if I'm not mistaken, there are signs leading to TLV airport (or terminal 1/2).
Pls if anyone can confirm.
i exited the regular exit to Ben gurion Airport, and there are signs all over, you can not go wrong. and it directs you to Terminal 1