Author Topic: Cheap Parking with Parkwhiz.com  (Read 1659 times)

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Cheap Parking with Parkwhiz.com
« on: January 16, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »
I guess they have contract rates with local parking garages.
I just saw a quote for 50% cheaper through them than through the parking garage directly.

I haven't used them but so far so good:

-ENGLISH SPEAKING live rep picked up right away when I called.
-Availability is up to the last spot in the garage.
-There's no restriction to how short before using you can book, you can be right outside the garage and book to use right away.
-If you come early/leave late you just pay the on-site difference for the extra time you used.

I haven't tried them yet but will definitely report if I do.
Anyone have any experience with them?
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline PGA

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap Parking with Parkwhiz.com
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 09:22:03 AM »
I use Parkwhiz all the time in Chicago. I love the service and save a lot on parking. As always ymmv.

Offline AnonymousUser

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 10:46:24 AM »
I sent them the following question:
It appears from the screenshot on Google Play, that some garages will require a pass to be displayed in the windshield for the the duration of the time parked. If I book from the mobile app, how will I have something to leave in the windshield?

This was their reply:

Hi AnonymousUser,
Unfortunately not all locations accept mobile passes. When browsing on our app, locations that do not accept mobile passes are grayed out, and also contain prominent red disclaimers indicating you need a printed pass for validation.
We also offer locations that only need your license plate info for validation that we list as mobile pass-friendly. So while you technically don’t show a mobile pass for validation, you also do not need a printed-out pass, as the attendants just check your license plate to verify your parking. Hopefully that clears this up, but if you have any other questions, let me know.

Offline PGA

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 03:17:38 PM »
I have used this at several garages. Every one I used simply requires you to visit the office when leaving to present your ticket (from when you entered the garage) and the park whiz print out/app for validation. They then give you back a ticket that you put in the gate as you exit. Simple as that. Yes, it is a little annoying to have to stop at the office but I usually pay 50-67% of the normal rates. I use this and spothero which is essentially the same but they can have different garages. I use parkwhiz about 4 times a month at the same garage. My rate is $15 and the regular rate is $32.

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 02:58:49 PM »
Had a very good experience with ParkWhiz earlier this week.
Purchased for $25 flat parking that would've costed over $50 + tax.
If you have a chance, print the coupon other than showing from the phone for a smoother experience.
Also, here's a $5 coupon code for them: http://www.parkwhiz.com/promo/taf/?pwu=8e488375
If You See Something, Say Something!!