Author Topic: Amex Personal and Business cancellation  (Read 1084 times)

Offline 2003

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Amex Personal and Business cancellation
« on: January 02, 2018, 09:53:37 PM »
Due to a bank account hack, I needed to shut my account down, and didn't switch my Amex auto pay over. Long story short they cancelled both my business and personal cards. I would like to keep the personal card active and can pay it in full, however, I will be disputing multiple charges etc. on the business card. Is there any way to get them to open my personal back up after paying it in full, and keep it open, without paying the business card or will they automatically shut both down until regular payments are made on both?

Also, any idea if the 2 year extended insurance on electronics is still valid if the card is shut down?

Offline PillanSmye

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Personal and Business cancellation
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 10:59:47 PM »
Due to a bank account hack, I needed to shut my account down, and didn't switch my Amex auto pay over. Long story short they cancelled both my business and personal cards. I would like to keep the personal card active and can pay it in full, however, I will be disputing multiple charges etc. on the business card. Is there any way to get them to open my personal back up after paying it in full, and keep it open, without paying the business card or will they automatically shut both down until regular payments are made on both?

Also, any idea if the 2 year extended insurance on electronics is still valid if the card is shut down?

So the bank account hack somehow is tied to multiple fraudulent charges on your business cards?

AMEX isn't going to pick and choose a difference between your personal cards and your personally guaranteed business cards.

If cards are closed, your insurance protections are forfeited.

Offline 2003

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 11:09:34 PM »
So the bank account hack somehow is tied to multiple fraudulent charges on your business cards?

AMEX isn't going to pick and choose a difference between your personal cards and your personally guaranteed business cards.

If cards are closed, your insurance protections are forfeited.
Meaning that they will close both, if payments aren't made on one of them?

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 11:14:25 PM »
Did they clpse them or not? Did you call amex to discuss and explain what happened? How long did you not pay your bill?
Frankly I'd be more concerned with the massive late payment if you went so long that they shut your account.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!