Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

« Last edited by jj1000 on May 06, 2015, 11:12:44 AM »

Author Topic: Club Calson cc's (Great benefit ending)  (Read 56786 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Club Calson cc's (Great benefit included)
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2013, 05:20:53 PM »
The main problem is that there is no aspirational aspect of the program like most airline and hotel programs have.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't have value, especially with the BOGO.  It just means that don't have value on the grey market like other non-aspirational programs like Jetblue and Choice.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2013, 05:21:53 PM »
The main problem is that there is no aspirational aspect of the program like most airline and hotel programs have.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't have value, especially with the BOGO.  It just means that don't have value on the grey market like other non-aspirational programs like Jetblue and Choice.
For sure. Although there may be a couple of blu's which are quasi aspirational. But you definitely won't be able to sell them
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 05:24:40 PM by Dan »
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2013, 05:24:23 PM »
For sure. Although there may be a couple of blu's which are quasi aspirational. But you definitely won't be able to sell them
A Blu might be palatable to people used to nice hotels, but to call it even quasi-aspirational is a joke.
Aspirational means it's something that you could otherwise not afford.  And that's what gives points their value.

The second points go to fixed value is the second the grey market disappears.

It was funny how lucky said he would stay in the blu when he goes to SYD.  As if he wouldn't be in the PH there...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2013, 05:25:20 PM »
It was funny how lucky said he would stay in the blu when he goes to SYD.  As if he wouldn't be in the PH there...
Anything to sell a credit card
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »
Anything to sell a credit card
There's a line.  You can remain honest and still push.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2013, 05:27:48 PM »
"In consumer marketing, an aspirational brand (or product) means a large segment of its exposure audience wishes to own it, but for economical reasons cannot.

An important characteristic of an aspirational product is that the part of its exposure audience that is at present economically unable to purchase it, thinks of itself as having a fair probability of at a certain point in the future being able to do so."

I can't see anything in the Club Carlson program that meets that definition.

But yes, London is a good example of a city where those points can be great.  Though that's partially thanks to the lack of other good choices.  A PH there would put an end to that.

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2013, 02:04:42 AM »
Club Carlson points aren't worth that much (even before their recent devaluation), so 85k sounds better than it is. Having said that, if you don't care for fancy hotels this might be the card for you.
As of now, their deval affected a part of their program that is likely not the focus of ppl's attention. (C'mon, no one is signing up for 85k in order to transfer it to be 15k in a airline program.)

And their coverage in Europe is as good as you'll find in any chain out there, and obviously beats Hyatt hands down.
So for ppl not traveling to the big cities, this card can be great, especially w/ the last night free award.

But it's only a matter of time till they deval the hotel redemptions as well.

Offline aviz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2013, 11:38:44 PM »
The radisson Blu chicago is really nice... just saying Dan ... its not a bad value for 2 nights 50k points ( Milts 4 times)
Pleas hold. Your call will be answered in the order it was received.

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2013, 11:21:51 AM »
my wife applied for this last friday. About 12 days ago or 8 business days ago.

Didn't receive any email or mail application status and the phone app status says PENDING!

I applied for this 8 months ago and got approved instantly but than received a letter saying it is denied for too many inquiries and recon was useless.

Offline aviz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »
my wife applied for this last friday. About 12 days ago or 8 business days ago.

Didn't receive any email or mail application status and the phone app status says PENDING!

I applied for this 8 months ago and got approved instantly but than received a letter saying it is denied for too many inquiries and recon was useless.

I also applied for this months back and got instant approval .. applied for the wife and went pending ... I called them .. after the application status... you can press a button to talk to a live person .. I asked about it and they said it went/needed verification so i did it on the spot... within a day i got an email saying the card was denied.. so most likely .. it needs verification ...

-I did call them about it being denied .. the guy asked if i live in a building complex because the app said something about too many inquiries.. (I know for a fact that based on the report they pulled there couldn't have been more then 1 or 2 inquires with that CB... he said the reason why he asked if i live in building complex is because it shows there were 14 inquiries from that address (so perhaps other people living there) ... so im not sure what other info they are getting besides for the Credit report ..  but he said he sent it back for the approval team to look at again and they will come back with a response within 2 days

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2013, 02:37:45 PM »
I also applied for this months back and got instant approval .. applied for the wife and went pending ... I called them .. after the application status... you can press a button to talk to a live person .. I asked about it and they said it went/needed verification so i did it on the spot... within a day i got an email saying the card was denied.. so most likely .. it needs verification ...

-I did call them about it being denied .. the guy asked if i live in a building complex because the app said something about too many inquiries.. (I know for a fact that based on the report they pulled there couldn't have been more then 1 or 2 inquires with that CB... he said the reason why he asked if i live in building complex is because it shows there were 14 inquiries from that address (so perhaps other people living there) ... so im not sure what other info they are getting besides for the Credit report ..  but he said he sent it back for the approval team to look at again and they will come back with a response within 2 days
that's the reason i don't speak to them. I want to have them decided first. than if received denial confirmation, I would speak to them.
Calling them doesn't help anything. In my case even though it got approved instantly, it was denied on phone because my card never arrived and i had to call.
They had always one same agent, sounded very sleepy and angry and could barely hear anything. Will wait another 3 days for my wife that is  14 days, than will call and am sure they will say denied

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »
That's because (besides the regular CRA) they pull from a different type of agency which looks on inquiries and new accounts associated with your address. (and as far as I understand, its just for Visa cards)
I think the name is IDA Incorporated. There's another similar agency, forgot the name.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline aviz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2013, 03:52:38 PM »
That's because (besides the regular CRA) they pull from a different type of agency which looks on inquiries and new accounts associated with your address. (and as far as I understand, its just for Visa cards)
I think the name is IDA Incorporated. There's another similar agency, forgot the name.

Ok then hopefully my explanation that it is a condo complex and those inquiries relate to others with the same address will work  ;D

Offline gloreglabert

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
ARS is the main one.  IDA is secondary.  ARS is the one that trips most people up.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2013, 06:57:35 PM »
i froze both before i applied. it has been 12 days and still the phone app says pending.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2013, 12:36:28 PM »
Can anyone give me the complete payment address of the CLUB CARLSON VISA SIGNATURE CARD?
I wanted to make payment  but I don't see the address on the website and I want to pay off the large balance. Thanks
I make payment thru BB.

Offline aviz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2013, 01:07:39 PM »
Ok then hopefully my explanation that it is a condo complex and those inquiries relate to others with the same address will work  ;D

got approved .. but they sent me a lower version of the card AF $50, and bonus was 60k ... not 85k

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2013, 09:22:11 PM »
Can anyone give me the complete payment address of the CLUB CARLSON VISA SIGNATURE CARD?

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2014, 02:27:16 PM »
when making a points reservation with Club Carlson you can put a different name for the guest info, but they also say "The Club Carlson member must be traveling to qualify for the Bonus Award Night." does anyone know if I'll have any issues with this? or should I just do the regular, and add the other person to the reservation?
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2014, 01:52:39 PM »
when making a points reservation with Club Carlson you can put a different name for the guest info, but they also say "The Club Carlson member must be traveling to qualify for the Bonus Award Night." does anyone know if I'll have any issues with this? or should I just do the regular, and add the other person to the reservation?
I've heard that some ppl have had luck with it, but I've never tried.