Author Topic: US Airways 50% Bonus on Hotel, Rental Car Earning and Points Transfers  (Read 9595 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Starwood Starpoints Master Thread
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 10:47:34 PM »
Before you put tons of miles into US air: I called them to book for myself, and i had flight numbers for Swiss and Lufthansa flights that were showing avail. on ANA, and they claimed those flights were not avail!!!   

Only United blocks *A flights.
You got a bad agent, call back. Also bear in mind that if you give flight numbers it scares them unless you tell them that a previous rep already found those flights for you.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Starwood Starpoints Master Thread
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 10:48:55 PM »
Before you put tons of miles into US air: I called them to book for myself, and i had flight numbers for Swiss and Lufthansa flights that were showing avail. on ANA, and they claimed those flights were not avail!!!   

What dates are you looking for?

Offline Lou Bob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
usAir miles work for any *A airlines?
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
usAir miles work for any *A airlines?
Yes.
If it shows up on ANA or CO you can get book it with US miles.
Finding a competent agent is another story, but some US agents make up for it by allowing for very creative routings that other airlines would not dream of allowing.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline MarkS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
What dates are you looking for?
9/15  LX017 JFK-ZUR        9/16  LX254 Zur-TLV
or
9/15   LH411 JFK-MUN       9/16 LH688 MUN-TLV

Swiss they couldn't do (3 agents i spoke to). LH the 3rd agent I spoke to could find the first 2 couldnt.

Only United blocks *A flights.
You got a bad agent, call back. Also bear in mind that if you give flight numbers it scares them unless you tell them that a previous rep already found those flights for you.
  I called twice and was told there was no avail. on those dates at all with swiss and Lufthansa. Now I am on phone and they found avail on LH but not on Swiss. It seems it is a swiss problem. I was told by the 'The Points Guy' (http://www.thepointsguy.com/) as well the same thing, that US air wasn't finding Swiss flights.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
9/15  LX017 JFK-ZUR        9/16  LX254 Zur-TLV
or
9/15   LH411 JFK-MUN       9/16 LH688 MUN-TLV

Swiss they couldn't do (3 agents i spoke to). LH the 3rd agent I spoke to could find the first 2 couldnt.

I called twice and was told there was no avail. on those dates at all with swiss and Lufthansa. Now I am on phone and they found avail on LH but not on Swiss. It seems it is a swiss problem. I was told by the 'The Points Guy' (http://www.thepointsguy.com/) as well the same thing, that US air wasn't finding Swiss flights.
I had issues using BD and US miles on Swiss as well, but every time when I hung up and tried again I found a competent agent who found the flights as shown on ANA.
I still believe it's a lazy/incompetent agent issue, not a US blocking issue.

Offline BrooklynCPA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
As my expertise and use of points have always been on hotels and not flight I am finding myself lost in this conversation. I would like to take advantage of the US airways promotion but on the US Airways website it shows most of the flights at the higest level and a ridiculous amount of miles. Can someone tell me how I would book and how it works using star alliance, ANA....... and the links to their websites. Or if this was discussed previously please give me the link to this discussion.

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
Go to
https://www.ana.co.jp/asw/wws/us/e/ 
and sign up for an account. Search for your dates and see which carriers have award avail and take down flight numbers. Call US Air and ask them to book flight xxx on xxx Airways. 

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
Search for your dates and see which carriers have award avail and take down flight numbers. Call US Air and ask them to book flight xxx on xxx Airways. 
As posted numerous times before, if you are giving them flight numbers, tell them you spoke to someone earlier and these were the flights available.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Go to
https://www.ana.co.jp/asw/wws/us/e/  
and sign up for an account. Search for your dates and see which carriers have award avail and take down flight numbers. Call US Air and ask them to book flight xxx on xxx Airways.  
If ANA is too complicated you can also search on Continental.com, but it's not as good as ANA.  Although it can be better than ANA at times, so you really need to search both.

Offline Mikeoracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
If ANA is too complicated you can also search on Continental.com, but it's not as good as ANA.  Although it can be better than ANA at times, so you really need to search both.
+1
I book award itineraries for clients and I would say that 80% of non direct flights I find the availability through ANA while CO didnt show anything. And a small percent of the time CO shows me flights that I couldnt find via ANA.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
As my expertise and use of points have always been on hotels and not flight I am finding myself lost in this conversation. I would like to take advantage of the US airways promotion but on the US Airways website it shows most of the flights at the higest level and a ridiculous amount of miles. Can someone tell me how I would book and how it works using star alliance, ANA....... and the links to their websites. Or if this was discussed previously please give me the link to this discussion.

Here is a discussion of booking on *A using ANA: http://www.dansdeals.com/forums/index.php?topic=1196.0

Offline Lou Bob

• View Profile
once i get enough miles on usAir, what websites do i look at to find tickets on other *A airlines?

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
ANA.  Read the whole thread.  It might be wise to first confirm that your dates are avail and then transfer the miles. The miles transfer during the weekend, so if you search the next few dates, you can put a flight on hold for 3 days (or more) while the points transfer.

Offline Lou Bob

• View Profile
ana.com doesnt seem like the right one. what is the website address?

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
ana.com doesnt seem like the right one. what is the website address?
Search google. You need to make an account, its free.

Offline Lou Bob

• View Profile
thanx. found it right away. ana-star alliance

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
If you take a min to read the whole thread, alot of your questions would be answered! 8)

Offline Lou Bob

• View Profile
where on the website do i find flight availability using usAir miles? i found something to do with awards but it took me to the usAir site

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
in bottom left corner of home page there are 3 drop down menus. click on the 1st one, and select the option for booking award travel. find ANY airline with avail and you will know that it is avail on us air