Author Topic: Please Help with NYC-TLV Award Travel  (Read 964 times)

Offline whodat

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Please Help with NYC-TLV Award Travel
« on: May 26, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
looking for two tickets for NYC-TLV for a week at the end of Jun10 or 1st week Jul10.  I have about 200k skymiles, about 50k membership reward points, and about 35k starwood points, and about 15k onepass miles.  I can easily get two coach seats on delta, but was looking to see if any of the experts on the forum know how i can get business class seats with this combo of miles/points.

Thanks for the help!

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help with NYC-TLV Award Travel
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 02:09:56 PM »
 seems when it all becomes DL miles youd have 290k or 145k per tkt. W/o even looking Id say your cahnces are slim to none to find 1 tkt yet alone 2

Simply call up DL and ask what they have for the dates you want or a day or 2 before each if you are willing to go then.

Do keep in mind that DL alone flys Widebodys into TLV all its European partners in ST use A320s or 737 = Biz isnt anything special what so ever, so youd raelly be parting with all those additional miles for the flights between the US and Europe. personally I would waste the Miles unless it was at the Saver Pass level

Offline whodat

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 02:17:13 PM »
DL wants 130k rt in coach for the days i'm looking at. and thats on the non stop jfk-tlv...180k in biz

are their partner airlines that stop in europe that are less miles?

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 02:31:52 PM »
DL wants 130k rt in coach for the days i'm looking at. and thats on the non stop jfk-tlv...180k in biz

are their partner airlines that stop in europe that are less miles?

Well U learnt the Hard way why most people stay away from DL if at all possible

The only way to know what if anything the partners have available is to call DL and have them check