Author Topic: Maximizing Chase Checking/Freedom/SP bonuses  (Read 9942 times)

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Maximizing Chase Checking/Freedom/SP bonuses
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2012, 03:29:30 PM »
Can I buy giftcards using the Chase 5% gas promotion? I have two such cards, and would like to get the full $3000 spending ability between the cards. I understand I'd have to find a gas station that sells GCs.

See this thread

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=7570.15

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
so if lets say my brother has a fee free chase account- i than open an account online (150$ back) and how would i be able to link it to his account? do i first need to be a joined user to his actual account? i dont want to be part of his account (im out of the country anyhow so i cant do it) i just want my account under my name to be a free account... if u can help me out (checkin account for dummies) thanks...

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2012, 07:29:31 PM »
I assume you can open and then chose to join whomever you want.

Once you have a joint account with him, you can open an account on your on name for free.

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 10:35:19 PM »
If you open an account together with someone who has an account that does not have fees attached to it, that joint account will not have any fees attached to it, either. Furthermore, should you then open another account, that account will also have no fees attached to it. (This will work even if that second account which you open will be joined with someone else who does not have bank with Chase.

I have a checking account with no fees.  I want to open a joined account with my wife (and use a $200 gift card in the process) that IIUC will automatically be fee-free since I already have a fee-free account. 

Gift card T&C:
"You can only receive one checking account-related bonus per calendar year"
-I already got one this year.

Does anyone know whether a joined account between my wife and I will be ineligible for the Gift Card use since I already used one this year (maybe I have to open the account for her, redeem the gift card, and then link the accounts), or perhaps it'll work because she has never used one?