Author Topic: Tuition Crisis Help On the Way? New Jersey Student Support Act  (Read 807 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
The much-anticipated Tax Credit Scholarship bill, “A4144/S3035 New Jersey Student Support Act,” has officially been introduced in the NJ legislature.

This bill has the power to drastically change the trajectory of Jewish education in our state, providing real tuition relief to New Jersey’s families. Read more about how this bill works here.

Please take five seconds to fill out this letter - thanking legislators who have signed on in support of this bill, and encouraging those who haven’t, to join.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Tuition Crisis Help On the Way? New Jersey Student Support Act
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 12:35:08 PM »
1. As shown in other states, just because there are vouchers, doesn't mean the parents will save all of that money. Tuition rates may go up.
2. Nothing is free from the government. Keep that in mind so when your taxes go up, you don't complain.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 12:55:59 PM »
1. As shown in other states, just because there are vouchers, doesn't mean the parents will save all of that money. Tuition rates may go up.
2. Nothing is free from the government. Keep that in mind so when your taxes go up, you don't complain.
1, Tuition hasn't gone up more than typical inflation due to OH vouchers.
2. Tax hasn't gone up due to OH vouchers. In fact, it has gone down.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 01:12:33 PM »
1, Tuition hasn't gone up more than typical inflation due to OH vouchers.
2. Tax hasn't gone up due to OH vouchers. In fact, it has gone down.
1. Which is why I wrote MAY go up. In other states that was a clear correlation between vouchers and an increase in tuition (not to mention that people didn't get the big tuition breaks that they were expecting)
2. That is very unique. And the money has to be coming from somewhere. Government cannot just print money. So although your taxes went down, I imagine they would have gone down more without vouchers.
There are exceptions to everything and it appears that Ohio has done it right. But I don't believe that that is majority of the cases and most definately not in the deep blue, mob-infested, back-stabbing, stinky State of New Jersey. If I lived there, I personally would not be excited about it at this point (and would not have voted for Schall based on it). For all of those living in Lakewood and elsewehere in Jersey's sake, I hope that I'm wrong.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 02:00:22 PM »
Are these vouchers or sgo credits?

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 02:06:55 PM »
1. Which is why I wrote MAY go up. In other states that was a clear correlation between vouchers and an increase in tuition (not to mention that people didn't get the big tuition breaks that they were expecting)
2. That is very unique. And the money has to be coming from somewhere. Government cannot just print money. So although your taxes went down, I imagine they would have gone down more without vouchers.
There are exceptions to everything and it appears that Ohio has done it right. But I don't believe that that is majority of the cases and most definately not in the deep blue, mob-infested, back-stabbing, stinky State of New Jersey. If I lived there, I personally would not be excited about it at this point (and would not have voted for Schall based on it). For all of those living in Lakewood and elsewehere in Jersey's sake, I hope that I'm wrong.
Are you complaining that when someone has a tuition bill of say $20k and they can only pay $10k so they get a reduction of $10k, the school takes the $10k voucher and doesn't give the parent a bigger discount?

We are already paying for everyone else's school costs, there's no reason everyone else shouldn't be paying for ours too.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.