Topic Wiki

Let's go!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1244090048/1811542881?token=dec302de

But please, please don't donate instead of tzdakah! I'd feel horrible if you do that.
« Last edited by meshugener on May 11, 2014, 10:01:39 PM »

Author Topic: Lucky's Latest Adventure  (Read 238329 times)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: Lucky's Latest Adventure
« Reply #1180 on: June 08, 2018, 11:45:15 AM »
Racist.
This is where our age difference will show. Saying the truth does not make one a racist no matter how Politically Incorrect. Paging @ChaimMoskowitz
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1181 on: June 08, 2018, 11:54:55 AM »
This is where our age difference will show. Saying the truth does not make one a racist no matter how Politically Incorrect. Paging @ChaimMoskowitz
Could be, I just didn't realize a Christian or Muslim wanting to pray in business class causes a chilul hashem.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 08, 2018, 12:09:28 PM »
Could be, I just didn't realize a Christian or Muslim wanting to pray in business class causes a chilul hashem.
Any prayer that disturbs another humans sleep, Jewiah, Christian or Muslim is a desecration of G-d's name...chillul Hashem.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 08, 2018, 12:12:46 PM »
...but saying the truth does not absolve you from being a racist.  ;)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1184 on: June 08, 2018, 12:31:10 PM »
Any prayer that disturbs another humans sleep, Jewiah, Christian or Muslim is a desecration of G-d's name...chillul Hashem.
That is a very literal hebrew translation of the words. That I'm pretty sure most orthodox jews don't take it to mean.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: June 08, 2018, 12:32:24 PM »
That is a very literal hebrew translation of the words. That I'm pretty sure most orthodox jews don't take it to mean.
I thought we were talking about Christians and Muslims  ::)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 08, 2018, 12:36:16 PM »
I thought we were talking about Christians and Muslims  ::)
I have no idea what this comment means.

You heard a story and assumed who it's about, that is racist.

If you heard a man robbed a convenience store in Harlem, and assumed he's black, that is racist.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 08, 2018, 12:45:32 PM »
If you heard a man robbed a convenience store in Harlem, and assumed he's black, that is racist.
What if I assumed it was a Jew in black face?  :P

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 08, 2018, 01:26:33 PM »

When was the last time you heard a Christian or Muslim group try to go to pray in Business class? From my travels I have seen Muslims drop and pray anywhere. Christians dont need to pray in groups. So my life experience tells me it was Jews. Very different than your robbery scenario.

That does not make me a racist. Thats where the age gap I referenced earlier comes in to play. My life experience tells me that there is a high probability of certain things being true in specific scenarios. Through the power of deduction I can predict what this scenario was and who the players were. That, to me, does not make a racist. That makes me experienced. You on the other hand, have accepted the left-wing PC narrative.

This scenario is old-school Logic 101. You probably tried to solve for X using Common Core methods.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 08, 2018, 01:28:14 PM »
You probably tried to solve for X using Common Core methods.
LOL

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 08, 2018, 01:33:24 PM »
When was the last time you heard a Christian or Muslim group try to go to pray in Business class? From my travels I have seen Muslims drop and pray anywhere. Christians dont need to pray in groups. So my life experience tells me it was Jews. Very different than your robbery scenario.

That does not make me a racist. Thats where the age gap I referenced earlier comes in to play. My life experience tells me that there is a high probability of certain things being true in specific scenarios. Through the power of deduction I can predict what this scenario was and who the players were. That, to me, does not make a racist. That makes me experienced. You on the other hand, have accepted the left-wing PC narrative.

This scenario is old-school Logic 101. You probably tried to solve for X using Common Core methods.
Feel free to call it "The left-wing PC narrative", but that is how racism is seen in 2018.

And it is the same as the convenience store in Harlem. You are judging something with a predisposition based on life experience or statistics. If that means you assume a certain group of people do something without knowing it was them, that's racist in today's definition.

You are free to hold by your own definitions but at least you concede according to many what you did is racism.

Online aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1191 on: June 08, 2018, 01:37:26 PM »

They need to have room to drop?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 08, 2018, 02:23:55 PM »
They need to have room to drop?
As opposed to us who can pray in our seats like normal people should. Yes. One instance I vividly recall in BRU treminal in the midst of everyone checking in the guy drops his carpet and starts bowing. 

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 08, 2018, 02:32:50 PM »
Feel free to call it "The left-wing PC narrative", but that is how racism is seen in 2018.

And it is the same as the convenience store in Harlem. You are judging something with a predisposition based on life experience or statistics. If that means you assume a certain group of people do something without knowing it was them, that's racist in today's definition.

You are free to hold by your own definitions but at least you concede according to many what you did is racism.
Again, pre-supposing a certain race would commit a robbery is racism. Using the power of deduction is not. I do not concede at all that it is racism.

In fact, what you just did is exactly what people of this generation would do. If I can "identify" whatever I wish to be, then what you say to the contrary is racist, bigoted, hurtful, etc. Because you say its racism doesn't make it so. Facts do not care about your feelings. If one gathers in a group on a plane to pray, he is Jewish. It is a fact. Prove me wrong.

There are two reasons I can think of why Lucky didnt mention their religion. 1. He was afraid of people like you that would say he is racist, or 2. That he was embarrassed because of his "Jewishness".   

Online shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 08, 2018, 02:37:11 PM »

There are two reasons I can think of why Lucky didnt mention their religion. 1. He was afraid of people like you that would say he is racist, or 2. That he was embarrassed because of his "Jewishness".
What?? Lucky is Jewish?

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 08, 2018, 02:43:43 PM »
What?? Lucky is Jewish?
"Half" The wrong half.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 08, 2018, 03:06:11 PM »

It's not racism, it's being prejudice. The distinction between the two is something that the left fails to understand today.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 08, 2018, 03:07:50 PM »
It's not racism, it's being prejudice. The distinction between the two is something that the left fails to understand today.
Or biased. Or intelligently informed. Or capable of making distinctions between what is really racist and what is hogwash leftist ideology. 

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 08, 2018, 03:08:20 PM »
Prejudice is not based on reason or actual experience.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 08, 2018, 03:08:20 PM »
+100000