Topic Wiki

Let's go!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1244090048/1811542881?token=dec302de

But please, please don't donate instead of tzdakah! I'd feel horrible if you do that.
« Last edited by meshugener on May 11, 2014, 10:01:39 PM »

Author Topic: Lucky's Latest Adventure  (Read 235559 times)

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
Re: Lucky's Latest Adventure
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »
Recently? Not sure that's accurate. Unless by "recently" we're talking on a scale that ranges from creation until now. AFAIK, he's been doing it for at least 2 years...
You could be right. I may be confusing him w/ a different blogger.

But to his credit, he has very few filler posts or link pimping posts like TPG seems to have all the time.

(Maybe a thread discussing bloggers should be started.)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2013, 10:46:42 AM »
You could be right. I may be confusing him w/ a different blogger.

But to his credit, he has very few filler posts or link pimping posts like TPG seems to have all the time.

(Maybe a thread discussing bloggers should be started.)

No need to replicate here the gargantuan thread that is over at FT discussing that topic.

I believe you're confusing him with MV, and yes, he has relatively few filler posts.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2013, 10:56:38 AM »
No need to replicate here the gargantuan thread that is over at FT discussing that topic.

I believe you're confusing him with MV, and yes, he has relatively few filler posts.
1) Why no need? Most threads here mirror FT threads. Just with a smaller community.
2) I think you're right. MV started recently, and it really put a damper in the quality of some of his posts.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2013, 10:57:29 AM »
for the most part, his trip reports are pretty much all the same

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2013, 11:08:33 AM »
for the most part, his trip reports are pretty much all the same
I agree. Too many first class cabins, although he still flies a few interesting ones.
That's why the Congo TR that I linked to is so amazing. So much different than e/t else.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2013, 11:08:48 AM »
1) Why no need? Most threads here mirror FT threads. Just with a smaller community.

Then by all means, start one.

I just don't think starting a bloggers thread on a forum hosted by a blogger is the wisest of your many wise ideas.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2013, 11:11:21 AM »
... is the wisest of your many wise ideas.
I challenge you to find a wiser idea then this one.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2013, 11:14:31 AM »

Offline zek

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2013, 11:41:57 AM »
I disagree. Like has been stated, he writes the best TRs in the business, and he's pretty much done and seen it all when it comes to airline miles redemptions.

Recently? Not sure that's accurate. Unless by "recently" we're talking on a scale that ranges from creation until now. AFAIK, he's been doing it for at least 2 years...
I guess if living your life vicariously thought other people, is your thing, then trip reports may be exciting  I understand that some people are in to the flying culture - for me it's more of a way of getting to the destination, not really the part I look forward to.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2013, 12:05:28 PM »
I guess if living your life vicariously thought other people, is your thing, then trip reports may be exciting  I understand that some people are in to the flying culture - for me it's more of a way of getting to the destination, not really the part I look forward to.

I believe I started a thread about this, but for me it boils down to this:

When you fly coach, vacation doesn't start until you get to your destination. When you fly first, the vacation starts en route to the airport. Business is somewhere in between.

It is for that reason (among a couple of others) that I like flying F and reading the reports of those who do as well.

To each their own, and I respect your viewing the plane ride as a means to an end, but perhaps try flying one of the premier F products (if you haven't) and your perspective may change.

Offline zek

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2013, 12:10:35 PM »
I believe I started a thread about this, but for me it boils down to this:

When you fly coach, vacation doesn't start until you get to your destination. When you fly first, the vacation starts en route to the airport. Business is somewhere in between.

It is for that reason (among a couple of others) that I like flying F and reading the reports of those who do as well.

To each their own, and I respect your viewing the plane ride as a means to an end, but perhaps try flying one of the premier F products (if you haven't) and your perspective may change.
I hear your point as well. I would probably enjoy one of those flights- def not happening any time soon :)

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2013, 12:12:46 PM »
I hear your point as well. I would probably enjoy one of those flights- def not happening any time soon :)
Why not ???

If you fly (which you seem to include), why not spend a little more extra.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2013, 12:18:19 PM »
I think it's a combination of an exciting place, getting there in an exciting way, and staying in a nice place, hence my approach to a TR.
Sure you can't always get all 3, but that's what makes a TR like MLE a hit.

But I find nothing exciting about the disease of writing 35 part TRs.  Post after post about each connecting flight and about a single hotel room? Snoooooooze.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2013, 12:19:50 PM »
the biggest shame is that when he gets to his destination, he doesnt spend too much time there

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2013, 12:22:30 PM »
But I find nothing exciting about the disease of writing 35 part TRs.  Post after post about each connecting flight and about a single hotel room? Snoooooooze.

You know, there is a middle ground between your posting style and MMS' :)

I quite favor the 5-8 part TRs. Gives more flavor to the parts in which I'm interested.

Offline zek

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »
Why not ???

If you fly (which you seem to include), why not spend a little more extra.
With a wife and 2 kids a little extra  turns in to a lot more extra - expecially with the limited (compared to DDFers, not to regular people) number of miles/pts I accumulate.

Offline zek

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2013, 12:27:34 PM »

I quite favor the 5-8 part TRs. Gives more flavor to the parts in which I'm interested.
The TRs on this site are actually interesting for the kosher food / Jewish sites angle. I really have no interest in any of the other TRs on any of the other sites. Once in a while I read Vegas TRs on tripadvisor, other than that they are so extremely uninteresting.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »
The TRs on this site are actually interesting for the kosher food / Jewish sites angle. I really have no interest in any of the other TRs on any of the other sites. Once in a while I read Vegas TRs on tripadvisor, other than that they are so extremely uninteresting.

You may if you start planning a trip to one of those places :P

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2013, 12:35:04 PM »

The 5-8 part TRs are usually 6 on the planes, 1 on the hotel, and 1 on the place.
My take is that pics of the plane and hotel are nice, but they don't deserve their own post and are covered just fine in 1 TR.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2013, 12:43:53 PM »
The 5-8 part TRs are usually 6 on the planes, 1 on the hotel, and 1 on the place.
My take is that pics of the plane and hotel are nice, but they don't deserve their own post and are covered just fine in 1 TR.

Obv.

To each their own :)