31 (19.9%)
No
57 (36.5%)
I plan on getting one eventually
67 (42.9%)
I used to
1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Author Topic: Guns Master Thread  (Read 135931 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Guns Master Thread
« Reply #540 on: September 16, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »
The question you have to ask yourself is what purpose will it be used for?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #541 on: September 16, 2016, 02:05:19 PM »
To be cool, why else do guys get guns?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #542 on: September 16, 2016, 02:05:47 PM »
Seems like it's a pretty well reviewed gun. Why?
If it's on an AK he won't be happy.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 16, 2016, 02:10:00 PM »
To be cool, why else do guys get guns?
Some of us actually put them to practical use like hunting for one. You want to be cool then go with a Kalash.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 16, 2016, 02:11:36 PM »
Some of us actually put them to practical use like hunting for one.
So you think killing animals is cool. You are living in the wrong century for that to be cool. But to each their own.

Hunting is neither financially beneficial or time beneficial, you do it for being cool and that's fine just don't call it practical, that's fooling yourself.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 16, 2016, 02:16:38 PM »
So you think killing animals is cool. You are living in the wrong century for that to be cool. But to each their own.

Hunting is neither financially beneficial or time beneficial, you do it for being cool and that's fine just don't call it practical, that's fooling yourself.
I eat everything I kill. That's the problem with the younger generation they have so much to learn.
Buying a gun to be cool is like an addict buying drugs to feel good. They are both ...  :P

Offline ShlockDoc

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 16, 2016, 02:19:10 PM »

If he eats his kill there is probably no cooler way to buy dinner.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 16, 2016, 02:21:54 PM »
I eat everything I kill. That's the problem with the younger generation they have so much to learn.
I know that.

Please run the numbers by me again, cost of guns, ammo, gas, time, etc vs. going to the grocery store.

Keep on fooling yourself.

If he eats his kill there is probably no cooler way to buy dinner.
Absolutely very cool, just don't try to tell me it's practical.

Once he agrees it's not practical I'll ask when the next DO is ;)

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 16, 2016, 02:31:00 PM »
I know that.

Please run the numbers by me again, cost of guns, ammo, gas, time, etc vs. going to the grocery store.

Keep on fooling yourself.
cost of gun - already have the gun
ammo - what does one bullet cost or in your case 15 or more  :P
time - priceless
gas - didn't pass any today

So we have maybe a couple of bucks for the same thing that would cost you over 500 at the grocery store.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 16, 2016, 02:37:43 PM »
cost of gun - already have the gun
ammo - what does one bullet cost or in your case 15 or more  :P
time - priceless
gas - didn't pass any today

So we have maybe a couple of bucks for the same thing that would cost you over 500 at the grocery store.
Sure change the reason you got the guns, to because we already have them? Nice one.

Or did you forget the question:
And if your purpose is hunting then that's why you bought the gun so factor that into the price.

cost of gun - A few grand
ammo - Depends whether you are wearing your glasses or not
time - I'm a goverment employee time isn't actually money
gas - At my age I don't notice what happens every minute

Sorry had to FTFY.

Although kudos for the Bucks joke.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #550 on: September 16, 2016, 02:38:42 PM »
It's just the type of gun most owners will upgrade.  Cheap stock, cheap handguard, fixed front site (which is a personal preference), no flash hider on the compliant version's bull barrel, hard grip, etc. 

May as well spend another hundred or two and get one with better parts.
Even at about $400 price tag? Don't think the gun you'd buy for $600 is materially better.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #551 on: September 16, 2016, 02:39:50 PM »
For protection during tyranny?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 16, 2016, 02:41:44 PM »
Sure change the reason you got the guns, to because we already have them? Nice one.
Were do you think most of my guns came from? Where do you thing a lot of my sons guns came from? If you are buying a gun to be cool then you don't deserve to have that right. But then again seeing the discussion on clip size I understand the misguide intent.  :)

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 16, 2016, 02:42:16 PM »
For protection during tyranny?
Go with the AK-47 then.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 16, 2016, 02:43:35 PM »
Go with the AK-47 then.
Can get a legal, working, local one for 400?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 16, 2016, 02:43:56 PM »
Were do you think most of my guns came from? Where do you thing a lot of my sons guns came from? If you are buying a gun to be cool then you don't deserve to have that right. But then again seeing the discussion on clip size I understand the misguide intent.  :)
Right I forgot you know better than the constitution and you think only people that think like you should be allowed to carry.

Thanks for reminding me, sorry to remind you this is 'Murica where dudes get guns to be cool.

You're lucky today is Friday all this teasing is tiring.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 16, 2016, 02:46:05 PM »
Can get a legal, working, local one for 400?
No. Probably 1k or more.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 16, 2016, 02:49:29 PM »
No. Probably 1k or more.
Then dollar for dollar, both me and Mrs. AJK can shoot the tyrannicals, for less than the price of a single AK.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 16, 2016, 02:50:04 PM »
Right I forgot you know better than the constitution and you think only people that think like you should be allowed to carry.
This has nothing to do with the constitution and everything to do with common sense. Just because you have the right to do something does not mean it is right thing do it. Does the constitution state an age limit for owning a gun?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 16, 2016, 02:51:21 PM »
Then dollar for dollar, both me and Mrs. AJK can shoot the tyrannicals, for less than the price of a single AK.
Factor in the price if that tyrannical is going to shoot back.  :)