Author Topic: LAN Website- Price Mistake Deal  (Read 20260 times)

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: LAN Website- Price Mistake Deal
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 04:05:40 PM »
i booked myself a ticket from tel aviv to italy this summer on alitalia and i thought it went through and i got an email with a booking code and the following message "Your tickets are being issued. You will receive an e-mail notification as soon as your tickets are ready. Thank you for buying at LAN.com" its been about 10 hours now and received nothing new. did anyone else get this?
You can check www.checkmytrip.com with your resevation number to see the status.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »
You can check www.checkmytrip.com with your resevation number to see the status.
ok so i went there and my itinerary came up with an alitalia confirmation number but i called lan who said that the ticket still has to be "issued". im very confused - do i have a ticket or not? i have a confirmation number from alitalia! what else needs to be done?

Offline coralsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 08:14:04 PM »
I received my ticket within 24 hours.

Offline cvic

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 11:12:55 PM »
I'm looking to book to London in October on AA via lan.com with this deal.  It appears that I won't have any problems booking tickets for my wife and I, but the couple we'll be travelling with will be bringing an infant (will be ~6 mo). As mentioned by others, if I try to add a child or infant on this deal I receive an error message and can't book.  What is the best way to book a ticket for the infant (lap seat or otherwise) through lan.com? When they called AA to inquire pricing for an lap child infant, they were quoted a price more expensive than our discounted adult tickets.  Help please! We would like to book this week if possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 11:46:59 PM »
ok so i went there and my itinerary came up with an alitalia confirmation number but i called lan who said that the ticket still has to be "issued". im very confused - do i have a ticket or not? i have a confirmation number from alitalia! what else needs to be done?
There are 2 parts to every e-ticket, the confirmation number and the e-ticket number.
When you purchase a ticket on any airline you instantly get a confirmation number and the ticket is considered purchased, but not ticketed.

e-ticket numbers are often issued manually, so these can take more time to process, once it is processed you are considered to be ticketed.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 11:47:39 PM »
I'm looking to book to London in October on AA via lan.com with this deal.  It appears that I won't have any problems booking tickets for my wife and I, but the couple we'll be travelling with will be bringing an infant (will be ~6 mo). As mentioned by others, if I try to add a child or infant on this deal I receive an error message and can't book.  What is the best way to book a ticket for the infant (lap seat or otherwise) through lan.com? When they called AA to inquire pricing for an lap child infant, they were quoted a price more expensive than our discounted adult tickets.  Help please! We would like to book this week if possible.
Did you try calling up LAN to book the infant?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 01:10:27 AM »
There are 2 parts to every e-ticket, the confirmation number and the e-ticket number.
When you purchase a ticket on any airline you instantly get a confirmation number and the ticket is considered purchased, but not ticketed.

e-ticket numbers are often issued manually, so these can take more time to process, once it is processed you are considered to be ticketed.

thanks for the info, but how long should it take to manually process? at what point should i be concerned? once i have a confirmation number does that mean that i forsure will get a ticket number or could they still back out? (im concerned theyll realize i got my tickets $200 cheaper per ticket and cancel the whole thing)

Offline shraga

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 11:25:41 AM »
trying to book tickets from nyc to tlv for rosh hashana can find special cheap deals can anyone help me out??

Offline TAGENT

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »
what means cheap for you?

Offline rochel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 02:48:01 PM »
So what is the bottom line, I need to book a ticket for November but I am taking an infant, will it work or not, if I call in after the ticket is booked will they issue a ticket for the baby or is it risky

Offline rochel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 02:49:43 PM »
How can I book this with lan points, does it really take 30 days to transfer, did anyone try it ?  Can someone step me through this, thanks

Offline webbe

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 12:06:46 AM »
I've been having problems with the LAN website. Everytime i try something different i always get this message
          "While we were attempting to process your transaction, certain changes were involuntarily made to the travel information. As a result, the operation could not be finalized. Please try the operation again at LAN.com."
Anyone know why?

Offline E

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2008, 10:59:56 PM »
i just booked 3  tickets for friends to helsinki finland saved around $800... is there anyway i can get their miles.

Offline Yoel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Gold Medallion, Premier Platinum
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 03:04:16 PM »
Someone told me that the deal is over, I haven't confirmed it though.

Offline SARIFKA

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 03:46:17 PM »
I went on the LAN site earlier this week and was able to get a $675 price for a trip starting in Tel Aviv to NYC. I stupidly did not buy it right away and now I tried all different dates and I can't get anything to Tel Aviv or from Tel Aviv. Did they discover the mistake? Is the deal over? Do you have any suggestions? I want to bring my son back to NYC for Sukkot.

Offline metziaman

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2008, 09:52:31 PM »
just booked through lan on british airways--it gives me a choice of who i want my points throuh--should i ask for lan points or british airway points--which is better?

Offline jakomisar

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 03:35:28 AM »
I couldn't get the tickets I wanted ($650 r/t TLV to JFK) through the site.  It showed up as available, but after putting in all the info it told me they were no longer available.  After trying different dates for about an hour I finally just called them.  Got the tickets for $710 instead of $650, and I have to do some weird stuff like fill out a form they e-mailed me and fax a copy of my credit card and passport, but at least I got the tickets.

Moral of the story, if the site is being a pain, just call them.

Offline coralsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 09:34:55 AM »
I couldn't get the tickets I wanted ($650 r/t TLV to JFK) through the site.  It showed up as available, but after putting in all the info it told me they were no longer available.  After trying different dates for about an hour I finally just called them.  Got the tickets for $710 instead of $650, and I have to do some weird stuff like fill out a form they e-mailed me and fax a copy of my credit card and passport, but at least I got the tickets.

When did you do this?

Offline coralsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »

What number/ department did you call?
A friend of mine is trying to do this, but every department says they cannot book it, that he needs to do it online.

Offline Sumdevil

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 01:36:26 PM »
I successfully booked 2 tickets from JFK to TLV 2 weeks ago for $612.  I just went back to book some more and I kept getting a message that says "The origin-destination you requested is not available for the indicated date. Please consult out Time Table for other travel options."  This happened no matter what dates I chose.  I called LAN and they said that they have a new policy which says you can't book a flight on the lan.com site unless one of the flights is in conjunction with LAN.  Since the flights to/from TLV are all through BA, you can't book them online anymore.  However, it seems that they can still book them if you call them on the phone.  I don't get it...