Author Topic: United selling Continental seats ALREADY?  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
United selling Continental seats ALREADY?
« on: May 30, 2010, 04:55:29 AM »
 Anyone noticed out there, than when for example you do a search on kayak these days, for nonstop NYC-TLV, besides for the usual Elal,Delta, and Continental, they are also showing United (for the same Continental flights). This never used to happen before the merger story came out, (even though they happen to both be Star Alliance.)  As far as I know, the merger has yet to be confirmed, so are they getting way ahead of themselves at this point?

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: United selling Continental seats ALREADY?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 05:24:17 AM »
 not at all, if anything maybe its a code-shared flight. you can find UA using the LH FRA-TLV flights with a UA# yet UA & LH arent merging

AA sells ElAls flights as an AA flight and they arent merging

Offline rm

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »
Can I use united miles to get to israel? How abt the partial miles and partial money option? One more thing, how much are the intern. fees and taxes?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »
Can I use united miles to get to israel? How abt the partial miles and partial money option? One more thing, how much are the intern. fees and taxes?

yep only not on UA itself they dont fly into TLV (yet). also beaware that at times UA shuts off the flow for award tkts when its not all on UA metal. but if they allow it it can be using any *A Carrier.

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 02:43:36 PM »
not at all, if anything maybe its a code-shared flight. you can find UA using the LH FRA-TLV flights with a UA# yet UA & LH arent merging

AA sells ElAls flights as an AA flight and they arent merging

You are in fact bringing out my point much more :D!  We all know that AA sells Elal flights, yet when you search on kayak for nonstop nyc-tlv, AA does NOT come up, yet United DOES come up now for CO flights, although before the merger talk that was not the case.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 03:14:52 PM »
You are in fact bringing out my point much more :D!  We all know that AA sells Elal flights, yet when you search on kayak for nonstop nyc-tlv, AA does NOT come up, yet United DOES come up now for CO flights, although before the merger talk that was not the case.

go search PHL-TLV Im positive youd fine UA flying it non-stop, yet we know UA doesnt fly into TLV and isnt merging with US. At least it was there a few months ago

well its now gone from PHL and UA is selling the CO flight out of EWR. When I checked IAD they show both flying via FRA with LH with a UA# and via EWR with CO either way its has a UA# = they must have gotten the go ahead to sell code share flights on 1 another
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 03:27:55 PM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 09:33:21 PM »
This is just plain and simple codesharing, all alliances have this.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.