Author Topic: NYC Hotels Master Thread  (Read 184516 times)

Offline Dave321

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: NYC Hotels Master Thread
« Reply #580 on: June 09, 2017, 11:10:14 AM »
I stay in NYC  a couple of times a year for 2 days at a time. whats the best points options, with parking near midtown?

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 12, 2017, 09:07:03 PM »
yes on a 2 night stay. had first night booked so they opened up the second for me. called the hotel directly.

Anyone have a recent experience with Park Hyatt NYC on this? Tried the above and hitting a dead end with the hotel. They are saying "no exceptions"

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 13, 2017, 10:07:22 PM »
If there is no award availability for Park Hyatt NYC, what is the next best hotel around central park?

Offline gubevo18

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 13, 2017, 10:22:20 PM »
If there is no award availability for Park Hyatt NYC, what is the next best hotel around central park?
probably Ritz

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 13, 2017, 10:22:46 PM »
probably Ritz

thought of that, but vouchers dont work there

Offline gubevo18

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 14, 2017, 12:22:11 AM »
thought of that, but vouchers dont work there
23333 spg points

Offline Traveller

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 18, 2017, 09:48:24 PM »
Has anybody ever stayed in Hotel Giraffe in NYC?

I'm looking to go for a 1 night / 2 day stay in Manhattan next week. I'm looking for something nice but not super pricey (200 - 350 range). I prefer to book with CSR points or SPG/Marriott points.

When I search using Chase UR Travel, this 'Hotel Giraffe' keeps showing on the top because it's rated #4 of hotels in NYC on Trip Advisor. Does anyone know if Trip Advisor is a good source of info? When I searched for the highly recommended over here 'Andaz 5th Ave' it doesn't show up on the Chase site.

Any recommendations? How does Giraffe compare with 'Michelangelo' 'Pearl Hotel'  'Yotel' or 'Shery Netherlands' which all seem to be in my range?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Offline yls2011

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 20, 2017, 12:17:27 AM »
Anyone know of hotels in the city that have some type of corner that a crib can be somewhat to the side? Obviously hoping for a suite upgrade but if that doesn't work out, I need a room that has some type of corner or nook that I can put a crib in. Baby doesn't sleep well with people around and I want to enjoy my trip.

Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, Marriott, Hilton, or IHG are all ok.

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 25, 2017, 01:57:33 PM »
Has anybody ever stayed in Hotel Giraffe in NYC?

I'm looking to go for a 1 night / 2 day stay in Manhattan next week. I'm looking for something nice but not super pricey (200 - 350 range). I prefer to book with CSR points or SPG/Marriott points.

When I search using Chase UR Travel, this 'Hotel Giraffe' keeps showing on the top because it's rated #4 of hotels in NYC on Trip Advisor. Does anyone know if Trip Advisor is a good source of info? When I searched for the highly recommended over here 'Andaz 5th Ave' it doesn't show up on the Chase site.

Any recommendations? How does Giraffe compare with 'Michelangelo' 'Pearl Hotel'  'Yotel' or 'Shery Netherlands' which all seem to be in my range?

Thanks a lot in advance!
For the price range, you could probably buy a Hyatt Sign Up Night assuming a standard room is available at the Park Hyatt New York. That would be a lot nicer than any of the hotels in your list.

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #589 on: July 25, 2017, 02:03:14 PM »
For the price range, you could probably buy a Hyatt Sign Up Night assuming a standard room is available at the Park Hyatt New York. That would be a lot nicer than any of the hotels in your list.
seems like he wants to use CSR points at 1.5

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #590 on: July 25, 2017, 02:21:32 PM »
Anyone know of hotels in the city that have some type of corner that a crib can be somewhat to the side? Obviously hoping for a suite upgrade but if that doesn't work out, I need a room that has some type of corner or nook that I can put a crib in. Baby doesn't sleep well with people around and I want to enjoy my trip.

Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, Marriott, Hilton, or IHG are all ok.

anything work with the Brooklyn Aloft?
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline hide4

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 26, 2017, 09:43:02 PM »
Anyone know of a nice off brand cheap hotel in Manhattan? Looking to pay around $150. Booking still for tonight.

Offline sunny

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 02, 2017, 08:20:54 AM »
Looking for a really nice hotel in the tri state area (near nice restaurants) using chase points. Any recommendations?

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #593 on: August 02, 2017, 09:11:33 AM »
Looking for a really nice hotel in the tri state area (near nice restaurants) using chase points. Any recommendations?
park hyatt

Offline yls2011

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 09, 2017, 12:17:11 AM »
anything work with the Brooklyn Aloft?

Want to stay in the city.

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 28, 2017, 03:31:20 PM »
shkoyach r zow for sharing the love. Your Mrs is ok going to cancun with the zika thing, and drinks bourbon too? your a lucky man!
Just seeing this now. :) Yes, I'm a lucky man. Thank you.

My question in this thread:
I may take my son to US Open tomorrow to see Fed play tomorrow night. We would have very short overnight and then return Wednesday morning via LGA.

I believe that @mochjas and @12HRS spoke positively about the Hyatt Place there, so we'll probably do that.
But the other option is the Holiday Inn, where I could use up a Chase/IHG free night certificate.

Question is, is  the HI okay for an overnight? (i.e., not, as my daughters would say, scuzzy?)

Thanks.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 28, 2017, 04:08:06 PM »
Just seeing this now. :) Yes, I'm a lucky man. Thank you.

My question in this thread:
I may take my son to US Open tomorrow to see Fed play tomorrow night. We would have very short overnight and then return Wednesday morning via LGA.

I believe that @mochjas and @12HRS spoke positively about the Hyatt Place there, so we'll probably do that.
But the other option is the Holiday Inn, where I could use up a Chase/IHG free night certificate.

Question is, is  the HI okay for an overnight? (i.e., not, as my daughters would say, scuzzy?)

Thanks.
i don't think I ever spoke positively about the hyatt place. I'm not saying anything negative either just never been there

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 28, 2017, 10:46:39 PM »
i don't think I ever spoke positively about the hyatt place. I'm not saying anything negative either just never been there

You're right.  It was @12HRS quoting you, when you said,

not in NYC but nearby like secaucas and parsippany and I thing by LGA there is one as well.

It's a moot point now anyway, as my son is there by himself with friends.  ;D

Offline RaySchum

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 30, 2017, 07:17:14 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Ray and i'm the Director of Sales at Hotel Giraffe! While we do not work with a point based rewards system, I would encourage you to reach out to me whenever you are interested in visiting. We always promise to offer the lowest rates out there and the best cancellation policy as well!

All of our rates include: Continental style breakfast buffet in the Grand Lobby, a selection of coffee, tea, juices, cookies, and fruits throughout the day and a Wine & cheese reception every evening from 5pm-8pm! In addition, we also include complimentary wi-fi and access to the nearby New York Sports Club! If you are ever interested in visiting please feel free to email me at ray@hotelgiraffe.com and mention you saw my comment on the Dans Deals forum.

Have a great day!

Ray S
Hotel Giraffe
Director of Sales

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 30, 2017, 07:27:21 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Ray and i'm the Director of Sales at Hotel Giraffe! While we do not work with a point based rewards system, I would encourage you to reach out to me whenever you are interested in visiting. We always promise to offer the lowest rates out there and the best cancellation policy as well!

All of our rates include: Continental style breakfast buffet in the Grand Lobby, a selection of coffee, tea, juices, cookies, and fruits throughout the day and a Wine & cheese reception every evening from 5pm-8pm! In addition, we also include complimentary wi-fi and access to the nearby New York Sports Club! If you are ever interested in visiting please feel free to email me at ray@hotelgiraffe.com and mention you saw my comment on the Dans Deals forum.

Have a great day!

Ray S
Hotel Giraffe
Director of Sales
If you want to advertise please contact the Mods