Author Topic: Best Mastercard World For Free CDW Coverage In Israel?  (Read 60056 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Best Mastercard World For Free CDW Coverage In Israel?
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2010, 01:08:39 PM »
 Im a Monkeys Uncle

yep the Ctit AA WMC arrived in todays mail, thats besides their email telling me Im not getting it. It shows Im a member since '10 how Sweet.

Now I just hope I get the 30k. For those who will say why didnt I go for the 75k, well I did but I needed a CC for CDW in TLV, and I had CXed the AA Visa just 2 months ago , still awaiting word on the AA Citi Amex

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
25K:
https://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/products/chase/smallbusiness.aspx?offer=BC00&mkid=6LBN

this link is sort of dead, it works but you must sign-in to yur CO acct. Then after filling out the app and hit Submit, it doesnt go thru! seems the 25k is no longer valid so I guess its 20k or nothing

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2010, 11:56:21 PM »
this link is sort of dead, it works but you must sign-in to yur CO acct. Then after filling out the app and hit Submit, it doesnt go thru! seems the 25k is no longer valid so I guess its 20k or nothing
Try clicking through from here:
https://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/products/chase/default.aspx?mkid=6LBN&FS=&Offer=BC00
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2010, 11:49:26 PM »
They lied.  Only the Continental Chase WMC doesn't cover Israel.  Every other WMC does.

I just checked my Bank of America WMC- it excludes Israel and so does the AT&T Universal card. My regular CitiAA MC says Israel may be excluded not for sure. Does anyone know if Avis will take it?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2010, 09:30:23 AM »
I just checked my Bank of America WMC- it excludes Israel and so does the AT&T Universal card. My regular CitiAA MC says Israel may be excluded not for sure. Does anyone know if Avis will take it?

dont call the bank that issues the CC but call 1-800-MC-ASSIST instead they will tell you if the MC you are calling about covers TLV or not. AFAIK if MC are the ones whose ins does the coverage it should be covered, some issuing Banks eg Chase have dont always use MCs ins any longer eg Chase CO WMC Elite , so could be B of A also took theres in house

I called MC and asked about both the Bronze CitiAA CC (Citi stopped issuing new ones), and the reg Citi AA WMC was told when I called about each 1 that each 1 did in fact cover CDW in Israel, but call to make sure

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2010, 10:34:12 AM »
Try clicking through from here:
https://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/products/chase/default.aspx?mkid=6LBN&FS=&Offer=BC00

well Chase read me the riot act too many CCs lately and I know I can press my banker to get it but now that Citi sent me their WMC no sense as I need to get Chases PC CC comes Jan and will want to use my banker for that 1 if I need to

Offline airfly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2010, 03:14:45 PM »
I am in israel and rented from avis using a world mastercard, but i had to take the liability. b'h I did because i hit someone in a parking lot. anyone have experience with this, I am assuming the liability should completely cover damage to the other car and my credit card will cover my car. I think they write on the agreement avis will first charge my card for damage to the avis car and i will have to get reimbursed. appreciate any help, have to return car tomorrow. thanks

To follow up, Avis did not bother me about the car I hit, but charged me $120 for damage to the Avis car. Mastercard wants an appraisal of charges (which is reasonable) but I'm having trouble getting it from Avis, I'm not sure why, maybe because they won't actually fix the car and just made up the $120 out of the blue and can't document it. I tried to dispute the charge with my CC since Avis didnt yet give me documentation I need but the CC did not side with me. Any ideas?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2010, 03:43:49 PM »

To follow up, Avis did not bother me about the car I hit, but charged me $120 for damage to the Avis car. Mastercard wants an appraisal of charges (which is reasonable) but I'm having trouble getting it from Avis, I'm not sure why, maybe because they won't actually fix the car and just made up the $120 out of the blue and can't document it. I tried to dispute the charge with my CC since Avis didnt yet give me documentation I need but the CC did not side with me. Any ideas?

in over 25 yrs of renting in Israel I only twice had to use the CCs CDW. 1st time I left the gas cap on the gas pump and in those days they checked for everything (U guys think its bad today when returning) was lucky that the guys English was really bad and he wrote down gas tank cover missing so even thou it was $20 the CC thought it was something that actually covered the tank itself. the 2nd time a guy made an illegal U turn on Rehov Aza I was heading up and smashed right into his drivers door boardside

I simply told Avis deal with my CC, Avis kept charging and I simply disputed it by saying Avis for some reason refuses to send your Ins company the paper work they need in order to pay them for the damage. That got me my temp credit till Avis probably got enough charge backs that costs them $$ that they finally sent the Ins comp what they wanted from them

If now Avis is taking themselves out of that by saying we will charge you and you go after the ins for the refund then we are ALL sitting ducks as w/o Avis supplying the necessary paperwork there will be no refund and if Avis gets their $$ they couldnt care 1 bit, Not Good at all. Only recourse is to sue them in Israel for the damages

just wanted to add Im sure this will be a happening with all the rental comps

also the damage to my car was over $3500 and they either fixed it or ditched the car, Id go with fix as although not new it was like 100k on the car either. with teh low repair cahrges they probably didnt repair the car but just collect the $$ from us
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:43:18 PM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2010, 03:57:59 PM »

Wow, I'm in the exact same scenario as you except I haven't heard from the CC yet as to their ruling.
Avis charged me $120 and refuse to send WMC the documentation.
I disputed the $120 and the charge is temp. suspended.  Hopefully I'll win the dispute.
What credit card did you charge the rental on?  I would call them to reopen the dispute.

It's these kinds of shenanigans that make Israel travel so difficult to deal with.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline airfly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2010, 04:29:18 PM »
Wow, I'm in the exact same scenario as you except I haven't heard from the CC yet as to their ruling.
I disputed the $120 and the charge is temp. suspended.  Hopefully I'll win the dispute.
What credit card did you charge the rental on?  I would call them to reopen the dispute.

It's these kinds of shenanigans that make Israel travel so difficult to deal with.

I used the AAdvantage mc. They replied within one day saying my dispute was denied. I really think Avis will not fix it because otherwise they would have something showing the damage repair. But they still could just make up a report of the damage like--

"damage to rear right fender,$120 parts and labor" and I think MC will accept it. But AVis didnt agree (yet) to do that.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2010, 04:36:47 PM »
I used the AAdvantage mc. They replied within one day saying my dispute was denied. I really think Avis will not fix it because otherwise they would have something showing the damage repair. But they still could just make up a report of the damage like--

"damage to rear right fender,$120 parts and labor" and I think MC will accept it. But AVis didnt agree (yet) to do that.
Try to escalate the claim and explain your side.
I used the CO MC back in May when they still covered Israel.

Offline airfly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2010, 04:41:51 PM »
Try to escalate the claim and explain your side.
I used the CO MC back in May when they still covered Israel.

Ok will try that.
Another thing, mastercard rental coverage told me they are only allowed to communicate with Avis by snail mail, no email or phone. In todays world I dont think this will get too far. They said it is much faster if I, as customer get Avis to send the docs to me and I forward them.

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2010, 02:02:42 AM »
do any visa signature cards give cdw coverage in israel?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2010, 02:09:36 AM »
do any visa signature cards give cdw coverage in israel?
No.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2010, 02:42:34 PM »

Update: I won the $120 chargeback against Avis TLV.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2010, 03:42:03 PM »
Update: I won the $120 chargeback against Avis TLV.

sweet indeed, just wish it didnt have to come to this, all they have to do is supply the paper work they are suppose to

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2010, 03:47:27 PM »
sweet indeed, just wish it didnt have to come to this, all they have to do is supply the paper work they are suppose to
+1
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even bother responding to the chargeback notice.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2010, 04:00:03 PM »
+1
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even bother responding to the chargeback notice.

well if in fact they didnt fix it then theyd be much better off disregarding answering back.

Offline airfly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2010, 05:12:53 PM »

I'm glad it worked for you, but I just got off the phone with citibank disputes and they will not reconsider, i could appeal by sending a snail mail letter, but the agent made it sound like my chances are not good. She kept repeating that it is very hard to win when you deal with car rental agencies since you signed a contract to pay them for damages. Basically if they want to supply you with paperwork they will otherwise, you can't force them. She could not explain why another credit card would accept the dispute but not citibank. At this point will go back to avis to try and get them to send something.

I am tending to agree with the comment above (#127)that if Avis will not work with the renters after damage occurs, then it doesn't pay to skimp on the CDW, what if it was much more damage?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2010, 05:19:25 PM »
I would write the snail mail letter (are you sure you can't fax it?) and make it clear that you aren't disputing the damage, but you are disputing it because Avis isn't cooperating with the CDW case.

And then I would threaten to close the account if they can't find a way to resolve it.