Author Topic: Best Mastercard World For Free CDW Coverage In Israel?  (Read 60169 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Best Mastercard World For Free CDW Coverage In Israel?
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »

I'm glad it worked for you, but I just got off the phone with citibank disputes and they will not reconsider, i could appeal by sending a snail mail letter, but the agent made it sound like my chances are not good. She kept repeating that it is very hard to win when you deal with car rental agencies since you signed a contract to pay them for damages. Basically if they want to supply you with paperwork they will otherwise, you can't force them. She could not explain why another credit card would accept the dispute but not citibank. At this point will go back to avis to try and get them to send something.

I am tending to agree with the comment above (#127)that if Avis will not work with the renters after damage occurs, then it doesn't pay to skimp on the CDW, what if it was much more damage?

not so simple my friend at least the last time I rented there were 2 different types of CDW they offered (I believe its the same for all teh companies) the cheaper 1 is apx $6 a day and has a $500 or $100 Deductable, so to truly be covered and not pay anything youd have to go for their Premium coverage I think thats $15 a day (I will know for sure when I pick up my car at T3 tommorrow  , Avis is doing me a favor and will let me p/u at T3  although I dont have the status but do have a connection but got to drop like everyone else at the old lot). so I will ask if I remember and post back the amounts that it cost and the amount of the deductable

knowing myself Id probably still roll the dice just as I do by never buying travel ins, which I would do if I was going on a cruise and wasnt gonna be at the port at least a full day before hand.

that said I truly believe that if teh damage was major that any of the companys would handle it alot different, as they for sure will be repairing teh car.I just feel in yur case and Dans they dinged you and never fixed the cars and if they supplied the needed info they can be in trouble for Ins Fraud

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2010, 05:29:16 PM »

And then I would threaten to close the account if they can't find a way to resolve it.

unless a person spends close to or more then 1/2 mil a yr  on it I dont think they could care if you will close it or not. Its not like it was a few yrs ago where a simple mention of CXing it if the Annual fee isnt waviered was enough to get teh fee refunded.Today before you can say anything else all you wil hear is Thank Mr Steve2 for having been a customer of ours, please tear up your CC your acct is offically closed and you will receive a letter to this affect in the coming days

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2010, 05:37:32 PM »
unless a person spends close to or more then 1/2 mil a yr  on it I dont think they could care if you will close it or not. Its not like it was a few yrs ago where a simple mention of CXing it if the Annual fee isnt waviered was enough to get teh fee refunded.Today before you can say anything else all you wil hear is Thank Mr Steve2 for having been a customer of ours, please tear up your CC your acct is offically closed and you will receive a letter to this affect in the coming days
That's what they'll say if you never use the card, but you don't need to spend $500,000 for them to want to keep you.
Even $5,000/year would make you worth keeping.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2010, 05:42:31 PM »
That's what they'll say if you never use the card, but you don't need to spend $500,000 for them to want to keep you.
Even $5,000/year would make you worth keeping.

well lets agree to disagree, or at least thats not what I was told

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »
well lets agree to disagree, or at least thats not what I was told
What you've been told and what I've experienced with credit card retentions are indeed, 2 different things.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2010, 06:12:20 PM »
What you've been told and what I've experienced with credit card retentions are indeed, 2 different things.

as I expect would be the case with anyone 2 people, since no 2 peoples spending habits are the same, or banking relationships

over the yrs Ive had reps simply close them up 1-2-3 on CCs where I did a fair amount of spending and thought for sure they wouldnt want to lose the acct but I was playing with them as I didnt want to keep the CC anyway but there was no one to talk to as once I said what I ddi they simply closed it out as I posted above

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2010, 07:05:53 PM »
I am tending to agree with the comment above (#127)that if Avis will not work with the renters after damage occurs, then it doesn't pay to skimp on the CDW, what if it was much more damage?
I think what you meant to say was "if Avis will not work with the renters after damage occurs, then it doesn't pay to rent with Avis, what if it was much more damage?"

I don't think giving more money to a company that's trying to screw you is a solution.
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline airfly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2010, 07:57:35 PM »
I think what you meant to say was "if Avis will not work with the renters after damage occurs, then it doesn't pay to rent with Avis, what if it was much more damage?"

I don't think giving more money to a company that's trying to screw you is a solution.

Good point, but which other agency is better?

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2010, 09:57:23 AM »
I'm sorry for not reading the whole thread, I'm on my bb and it's hard. What's the bottom line with the WMC in israel these days? Is the WMC from either citibank AA or Chase CO still working to cover the additional insurance in Israel?

Every time I go they ask me if I'm sure it covers and I say yes but I wanna make sure I don't have problems in the future.

Thanks.
-Eli

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2010, 12:48:16 PM »
CO WMC: No.
AA WMC: Yes.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
CO WMC: No.
AA WMC: Yes.

That was very simple. Thank you Dan.
-Eli

Offline airfly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »

To follow up, Avis did not bother me about the car I hit, but charged me $120 for damage to the Avis car. Mastercard wants an appraisal of charges (which is reasonable) but I'm having trouble getting it from Avis, I'm not sure why, maybe because they won't actually fix the car and just made up the $120 out of the blue and can't document it. I tried to dispute the charge with my CC since Avis didnt yet give me documentation I need but the CC did not side with me. Any ideas?

Another follow-up - i finally got some documentation from Avis which I submitted to my credit card, we'll see if they will accept it, the only problem with it is that they state they fixed the bumper while the damage was near the door, I'm not sure if the credit card will notice that or not.  So i guess the lesson is that if you keep after Avis enough they will come through in the end.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2010, 03:55:53 PM »
Update: I won the $120 chargeback against Avis TLV.

Hopefully Avis Israel won't blacklist you.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline airfly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2010, 12:03:30 AM »
Hopefully Avis Israel won't blacklist you.

How does one find out if they were blacklisted, only when you get to the counter?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
Citi AA WMC
« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2010, 10:01:45 AM »
 got an email that as of 12/1 they are cahnging the Ins carrier for car rentals, till now it covered TLV dont know what will be from 12/1 onwards , if you plan to use a Citi CC to cover the CDW from 12/1 Id call Citi CS and find out if Israel will still be covered.

If Israel is dropped and you still use the CC and have damages you can Dispute it all you want but you might be left paying for it out of your own pocket, when they say they arent responsible since it was made known

when Chase recently switched Israel was dropped from their coverage

Offline herbie

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2010, 01:15:17 PM »
I recently scratched a car very lightly when renting from Hertz on Yirmiyahu  St. They billed my creditcard $170 which I got back from Mastercard world  after getting Hertz to fax me a official damage appraisal    It  took a a little threatning on my part
but they finally (made one up on Hertz staionary) and sent it to me

Offline avrlev

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Master Card World
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2010, 05:34:21 PM »
Does anybody know if citi premier pass covers  CDW in Israel? If not is there a different MCW w/o an annual fee that covers CDW in Israel?

[edit] I googled Citi Premier Pass World card and this is what I found. It says that the card is no longer available. Interestingly enough, when it was available, it had a $75 annual fee.  Did I search wrong, or is just that? If it no longer is available, I guess that means no more free MCW?

Anybody here have the answers?

I found this as well, and the link quoted there won't help much anymore.
Yes it does have CDW in Israel, I used it several time, and ever had ones a claim on it from a scratch on my car and they the ins. paid it in full   

Offline herbie

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »
Besides AA world  are  there any more cards that cover CDW in Israel with first year fee waived?

Offline sawlw

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2010, 08:34:24 PM »
bank of america has a MasterCard WORLD (world points) w/cov in israel no yearly fee!! been using it for years, covered a broken tail light for me too

Offline world2see

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2010, 10:54:30 AM »
does amex gold help to cover insurance in israel?