Author Topic: Best Mastercard World For Free CDW Coverage In Israel?  (Read 60047 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Master Card World
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 05:57:34 PM »
and get something on paper/email.

I never had to once I was told I was covered, I believe all WMCs are good for CDW but its always a good thing to call and check anyways

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 05:59:07 PM »
I never had to once I was told I was covered, I believe all WMCs are good for CDW but its always a good thing to call and check anyways

In yiddish we say, better safe then sorry ;D,

anyway, I'm zooming off...

Offline airfly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 06:02:51 PM »

Do Avis hertz sixt etc accept the world card coverage, in others words you can just decline the cdw?

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 06:04:53 PM »
once its bronze its not a wmc... wmc's all have annual fees

Offline Monsey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 07:12:14 PM »
i dont know if the bronze card is a wmc but what you said that all wmc have annual fees is incorrect i have posted before the citi premier pass card is a wmc and no annual fee

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 07:57:03 PM »

well its not mine but I have a friends Bronze CC in hand and it says World on it and there isnt any fee to it

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 09:02:53 PM »
Thanks, even if they cover, do all rental agencies accept it? I had rental coverage from travel insurance last year and Avis insisted I still buy theirs.
Even if you have a WMC you'll still be forced to take out LI insurance in Israel no matter what.

I believe all WMCs are good for CDW but its always a good thing to call and check anyways
Definitely not the CO WMC effective 06/01.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 09:16:13 PM »

Its a Chase CO OnePass Plus Card it is not a World CC. No where in the Guide they sent out will you find the word "World" referring to a WMC. From the pics Ive seen of it,it doesnt have the word "World" on it again referring to a WMC

So with that in mind I will repeat what I posted I believe all WMCs are good for CDW in Israel

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 11:12:21 PM »
Its a Chase CO OnePass Plus Card it is not a World CC. No where in the Guide they sent out will you find the word "World" referring to a WMC. From the pics Ive seen of it,it doesnt have the word "World" on it again referring to a WMC

So with that in mind I will repeat what I posted I believe all WMCs are good for CDW in Israel
I have the Presidential Plus card in my wallet.  It says WMC on it.
I'm assuming the OnePass Plus is the same story.
MC told me that even though they are WMC, Chase has now taken over all of the benefits for both cards.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 11:48:32 PM »
MC told me that even though they are WMC, Chase has now taken over all of the benefits for both cards.

have you gotten that PP card in the past week? if its the old card then I would expect it to say World on it , just as my Chase CO WMC says World on it but as I already said in regards to the new reg MC OPP CC it didnt have World written on it or mentioned anywhere in the booklet they sent, havent gotten the new CC as of yet

my gut says its a MC but not a WMC

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 12:44:41 AM »
have you gotten that PP card in the past week? if its the old card then I would expect it to say World on it , just as my Chase CO WMC says World on it but as I already said in regards to the new reg MC OPP CC it didnt have World written on it or mentioned anywhere in the booklet they sent, havent gotten the new CC as of yet

Yes, I have the brand new card, it does say World.
It's also sports a ridiculous design and looks like a thin, junk pre-approval card with no numbers or even a MC logo on the front.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 12:47:24 PM »
It's also sports a ridiculous design and looks like a thin, junk pre-approval card with no numbers or even a MC logo on the front.

I will post what I get when i get it if no one else does so before me

I did call up and was told my CC isnt a WMC and called back a 2nd time and was told it was. But either way no CDW in Israel any longer

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 01:14:36 PM »
I will post what I get when i get it if no one else does so before me

I did call up and was told my CC isnt a WMC and called back a 2nd time and was told it was. But either way no CDW in Israel any longer
Just call and tell them your card got demagnetized and you need a new card overnighted.
It will probably be a World Elite Mastercard, same as my AA card.  Except my AA card has coverage in Israel...

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2010, 12:50:43 AM »
Just call and tell them your card got demagnetized and you need a new card overnighted.
It will probably be a World Elite Mastercard, same as my AA card.  Except my AA card has coverage in Israel...

well without asking I got the new CO CC in the mail today and as I said all along no where on it is printed "world" nor in any of the booklets or papers sent along with it= its not a WMC. So Im wondering if the PP you got looked exactly like your old one and if your old one expiration date but hav ebeen near and could it be they sent U an old card? if you get anew card let us know. But the old reg WMC is no longer a WMC as I stated weeks ago

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2010, 12:59:56 AM »
well without asking I got the new CO CC in the mail today and as I said all along no where on it is printed "world" nor in any of the booklets or papers sent along with it= its not a WMC. So Im wondering if the PP you got looked exactly like your old one and if your old one expiration date but hav ebeen near and could it be they sent U an old card? if you get anew card let us know. But the old reg WMC is no longer a WMC as I stated weeks ago
I'm no idiot, I have the newly designed card, and it says World Elite Mastercard on it.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2010, 01:06:37 AM »
I'm no idiot, I have the newly designed card, and it says World Elite Mastercard on it.

I wasnt saying you were, all I was saying is you said that my card was also a WMC and I said they told me it wasnt and you keep on insisting it was and then above you told me how to get a new CC and Id see that you were right. All i posted was w/o asking for a new CC they sent it to me and no where on it does it have the word "world" so I thought maybe what U got was simply a replacement card for your old one that was expiring why get so HOT.

So maybe the PP is still a WMC but from the looks of everything the reg old WMC arent

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »
why get so HOT.

Because you've asked me the same question repeatedly for reasons that are beyond me...

Even if you have a WMC you'll still be forced to take out LI insurance in Israel no matter what.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2010, 04:18:02 PM »
PP Pics:

Offline airfly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 04:40:31 PM »
Sorry to keep at it, I emailed avis israel with the following question--

I am a US resident and booked a rental with you at the airport. i would like to confirm that my World Mastercard is acceptable to be able to cover the CDW. I understand that the liability insurance is mandatory.

The manager answered--

Hi
Liability is not a mandatory insurance ,
You have to ask the credit card company if your credit card covers the cdw in Israel
Thank you

Not sure what he means, and even if they wouldn't force me to take out liabilty, i guess I would anyway since I have no way to cover it.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 04:44:50 PM »
PP Pics:

In Vegas now for a few hrs, too hot to eat or walk around so I grabbed a marriott room to grab a shower and relax before heading back to NY tonight

thanks for the pics, I see its on the backside where it has world printed I will admitt I ddint look on the back of the card I got. the front is basically like yours but with the acct # and other reg junk on it

I did call up again and they did once again tell me its not a WMC and I dont hav eany benefits of a WMC as WMC has its benefits via MC and Chase has the benefits now with a different  company

the doubting on my part was I couldnt believe that Chase would keep 1 of the CO CCs as a WMC and not all of them. usually its an all or none sit.

I will look at the back of my card tommorrow morn when I get back to NY