Author Topic: Best Mastercard World For Free CDW Coverage In Israel?  (Read 60154 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Master Card World
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »
When I activated they card they told me it is still a World Mastercard, but Chase had decided to bring all benefits of the CO cards "in house" instead of relying on MC to provide the benefits.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2010, 04:54:17 PM »
And lest you think World Elite is the problem, my AA card is World Elite and has coverage in Israel...

Bottom line: The conventional theory that all World Mastercards have CDW coverage in Israel is simply no longer true.  Always confirm before you rent!

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2010, 04:57:01 PM »
When I activated they card they told me it is still a World Mastercard, but Chase had decided to bring all benefits of the CO cards "in house" instead of relying on MC to provide the benefits.

I was told the same about the benefits if you recall. What I dont get is why call or associate it with being a World Card which carrys certains benefits that MC offers , if you are gonna bring everything in house. A WMC doesnt have Primary CDW coverage and this new CC doesnt cover CDW in Israel no different then all the other non World MCs

and they told me it wasnt a WMC any longer.

MY AA MC is the old one that simply says World w/o the word Elite

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2010, 04:59:02 PM »
maybe Chase came up with World Elite and it isnt a part of the WMC package , I have no idea and it doesnt make sense to me
Had a feeling you would say that...which is the reason for my pre-emptive post and pic just above yours  :D

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2010, 05:03:04 PM »
Had a feeling you would say that...which is the reason for my pre-emptive post and pic just above yours  :D

that why I edited my post once I saw your other post

again all I can do is to try and reason why something is the way it is, it doesnt make sense to me.And you are 1005 correct a person needs now to call up and make sure whatever WMC they have that it will cover the CDW in Israel

if you get a chance can U Please call 1-800-MC-ASSIST and see if your AA WMC still covers CDW, I dont use that card and I dont carry it with me and Im awaiting the Bronze CC as my annual fee was coming due on the reg MC

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 01:50:59 PM »
 well just spoke with 4 different agents on 4 different calls

bottom line is World Elite is a higher level World card then just WMC. When I asked if my new Chase CO CC is still a WMC why then doesnt it cover CDW in Israel,Jamacia, or Ireland as the reg WMC did. Answer well Chase took everything except for the Concierge(MC) in house.

So then I said MC is cohoots with Chase Scamming everyone that they have a World card when it seems they have no actual benefits except for the MC Concierge = no World card at all, he agreed and then said we really shouldnt allow Chase to use the word "World" in anyway regarding their MCs if as you say there arent any World Benefits attached to it or just the Concierege

2 of the 4 said it wasnt a WMC at all, go figure.

I do agree with the Supervisor who said ".. we really shouldnt allow Chase to use the word "World" in anyway regarding this card..."

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »
AA World Elite (and regular World) does still cover Israel.

The new regular CO Chase credit card does say World on the back, but does not cover Israel.  It does have primary coverage though pretty much everywhere else.

The new PP CO Chase credit card is World Elite and also does not cover Israel.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 07:47:38 PM »
 Thanks Dan, I just called using my friends Bronze Citi AA WMC ( its not an Elite WMC) seems CDW is covered everywhere but New Zeland, Italy , and Austrialia

Unfortunately for KY he is no longer with Us but till his AA acct has a '0' balance some type of activity needs to be made to keep the miles from expiring, thusly wanting a CC that doesnt have an annual fee. This 1 earns 1 mile per $2 but achieves the needed purpose so even a 1 for $5 is OK

I myself might go with this CC as all I need if for is to take care of the CDW in TLV and at most I will be spending $900 a year on it for thise purpose so a loss of 450 miles to save the annual fee isnt bad, then again if Citi starts in again with not charging the fee as it is doing for the 1:1 CCs Id go with that for 1 yr.

I forgot I wanted to do this but once I read yur post, I remembered I didnt call up
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:51:40 PM by steve2 »

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 07:52:25 PM »
any other cards that cover primary? (anything fee-free?) is that all world cards?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 07:58:43 PM »
any other cards that cover primary?
For primary coverage I only know of the CO OnePass Plus, the CO Presidential Plus, and Diners Club (DC is no longer publicly available).
Of course you can pay an extra $20 per rental on any AMEX card to change the coverage from secondary to primary.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 10:06:01 PM »
For primary coverage I only know of the CO OnePass Plus, the CO Presidential Plus, and Diners Club (DC is no longer publicly available).
Of course you can pay an extra $20 per rental on any AMEX card to change the coverage from secondary to primary.
actually you can authorize on AMEX and then when there's no damage, pay on a different card.
although, it is rumored that if you do that to often, they'll drop your coverage. anyone know if that's true? can they do that? can they even track that?

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2010, 03:02:37 AM »
the amex coverage doesnt cover israel

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2010, 08:29:01 AM »
citi premier pass no fee

Does anybody know if citi premier pass covers  CDW in Israel? If not is there a different MCW w/o an annual fee that covers CDW in Israel?

[edit] I googled Citi Premier Pass World card and this is what I found. It says that the card is no longer available. Interestingly enough, when it was available, it had a $75 annual fee.  Did I search wrong, or is just that? If it no longer is available, I guess that means no more free MCW?

Anybody here have the answers?

I found this as well, and the link quoted there won't help much anymore.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 08:59:55 AM by moldyearwax »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2010, 08:48:10 AM »
Does anybody know if citi premier pass covers  CDW in Israel?

[edit] I googled Citi Premier Pass World card and this is what I found. It says that the card is no longer available. Did I search wrong, or is just that? If it no longer is available, I guess that means no more free MCW?

Anybody here have the answers?

if its a MasterCard then call 1-800-MC-ASSIST and ask them they will beable to tell you or give U a # to call

If its a VISA card then No, AFAIK there isnt any VISA CC that will cover Israel

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2010, 09:19:20 AM »
if its a MasterCard then call 1-800-MC-ASSIST begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-800-MC-ASSIST      end_of_the_skype_highlighting and ask them they will be able to tell you or give U a # to call

If its a VISA card then No, AFAIK there isnt any VISA CC that will cover Israel

I called and they gave me the following numbers:
Citi Bank:      800-950-5118
Barkley: 302-255-7555
HSBC: 800-477-6000
Bank of America: 800-441-9977
Chase: 800-310-1654

I noticed that Chase also has a Sapphire World Card, free for the 1st year. Does anybody know if this covers CDW in Israel? Also, does anybody have any experiences with an MCW from any of the aforementioned banks? 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:28:36 AM by moldyearwax »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2010, 09:26:12 AM »
I called and they gave me the following numbers:
Citi Bank:      800-950-5118
Barkley: 302-255-7555
HSBC: 800-477-6000
Bank of America: 800-441-9977
Chase: 800-310-1654

I noticed that Chase also has a Sapphire World Card, free for the 1st year. Does anybody know if this covers CDW in Israel?

what did U ask them? and did you look at your Citi Premeir CC to see if has the Mastercard logo or name printed on it?

The Chase Sapphire is a VISA CC = no CDW coverage in Israel

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2010, 10:05:30 AM »
I found  a MasterCard World, with no annual fee, no CL, no forex fee. All you need is a HSBC premier account. hehe... http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/3/hsbcpremier/privileges
Become Premier:

To qualify for an HSBC Premier relationship, you need to open an HSBC Premier checking account and maintain $100,000 in combined U.S. personal deposit and investment balances. Business owners may use their commercial balances to qualify for personal HSBC Premier relationship.

A monthly maintenance fee of $50 will be incurred if minimum balance requirements are not maintained

But I got  excited for a bit:)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2010, 10:18:32 AM »
I found  a MasterCard World, with no annual fee, no CL, no forex fee. All you need is a HSBC premier account. hehe... http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/3/hsbcpremier/privileges
But I got  excited for a bit:)

whats the prob Citi has a few CCs that are World CCs and no annaul fees, eg the Citi AA Bronze WMC only you will earn only 1 mile per every $2 = get the CC and use it ONLY for Car rentals in Israel thats my plan, and  whatever few miles you do earn are better then noting

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2010, 10:51:54 AM »
Dan mentioned an Amtrak MC World Anybody know if this covers CDW in Israel? I'm looking into it, if I get an answer before anybody else here answers, I'll post it, although I'm not sure how easy it'll be for me to get an answer - I'm in Israel now.

Is the Amtrak MCW better or worse than the Citi AA Bronze? I have a Chase acct, (The Amtrak card is issued by Chase) I could prob get approved easier - and for a better CL if I speak to my banker.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2010, 11:00:32 AM »
whats the prob Citi has a few CCs that are World CCs and no annaul fees, eg the Citi AA Bronze WMC only you will earn only 1 mile per every $2 = get the CC and use it ONLY for Car rentals in Israel thats my plan, and  whatever few miles you do earn are better then noting

I couldn't find it on citicards.com
Can you find the link for me please?