Author Topic: Best Mastercard World For Free CDW Coverage In Israel?  (Read 60224 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Master Card World
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2010, 11:20:08 AM »
I couldn't find it on citicards.com
Can you find the link for me please?

those I know who have it got it by calling up and asking for it

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2010, 11:22:16 AM »

what did U ask them? and did you look at your Citi Premeir CC to see if has the Mastercard logo or name printed on it?

The Chase Sapphire is a VISA CC = no CDW coverage in Israel
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is actually either a Mastercard World or a Visa Signature.  I'm assuming the Chase Sapphire is the same way.
I applied twice for the Sapphire Preferred.  Once I got a Mastercard World, and once a Visa Signature.  (It is a churnable card btw)

You may want to call them up and see if you can turn your Sapphire into a Mastercard World.

Dan mentioned an Amtrak MC World Anybody know if this covers CDW in Israel? I'm looking into it, if I get an answer before anybody else here answers, I'll post it, although I'm not sure how easy it'll be for me to get an answer - I'm in Israel now.

Is the Amtrak MCW better or worse than the Citi AA Bronze? I have a Chase acct, (The Amtrak card is issued by Chase) I could prob get approved easier - and for a better CL if I speak to my banker.
Yes, every Mastercard World covers Israel, except for Continental Airlines.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2010, 11:26:11 AM »
The Chase Sapphire is actually either a Mastercard World or a Visa Signature.
I applied twice for the Sapphire Preferred.  Once I got a Mastercard World, and once a Visa Signature.

thanks didnt know that, but since its issued by Chase why do I have the feeling that MC doesnt provide the coverage but its in house just like theeh CO MC is

only way to know is if someone who has the Sapphire WMC calls up 1-800-MC-ASSIST and asks if they are covered for CDW in Israel

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2010, 11:31:53 AM »
thanks didnt know that, but since its issued by Chase why do I have the feeling that MC doesnt provide the coverage but its in house just like theeh CO MC is
Again, only the Continental World Mastercard is done in-house.
The other Chase World Mastercards are still the real deal.
It was a request by CO, as they figured that more people would prefer the new Primary CDW benefit than having coverage in Israel.  It definitely stands out more as very few cards offer that other than CO. 

Feel free to confirm that yourself, but that's what higher-ups have told me and that there are no plans for other changes currently.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2010, 11:34:08 AM »
It was a request by CO, as they figured that more people would prefer the new Primary CDW benefit than having coverage in Israel.

Feel free to confirm that yourself, but that's what higher-ups have told me and that there are no plans for other changes currently.

What do you mean by "done in-house"?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2010, 11:36:14 AM »
What do you mean by "done in-house"?
Chase provides the benefits on the card instead of Mastercard.  Therefore it doesn't conform to the normal rules on the World Mastercard which includes Israel as a covered country.

Offline airfly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2010, 11:43:15 AM »
I am in israel and rented from avis using a world mastercard, but i had to take the liability. b'h I did because i hit someone in a parking lot. anyone have experience with this, I am assuming the liability should completely cover damage to the other car and my credit card will cover my car. I think they write on the agreement avis will first charge my card for damage to the avis car and i will have to get reimbursed. appreciate any help, have to return car tomorrow. thanks

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2010, 11:44:58 AM »
I am in israel and rented from avis using a world mastercard, but i had to take the liability. b'h I did because i hit someone in a parking lot. anyone have experience with this, I am assuming the liability should completely cover damage to the other car and my credit card will cover my car. I think they write on the agreement avis will first charge my card for damage to the avis car and i will have to get reimbursed. appreciate any help, have to return car tomorrow. thanks
This is correct.

Offline airfly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2010, 11:47:53 AM »
This is correct.

Thanks. would be easier if they would be willing to deal with credit card directly, but i guess they leave the hassle to me.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »
Thanks. would be easier if they would be willing to deal with credit card directly, but i guess they leave the hassle to me.

well your CC isnt gonna give you any $$ if you have your car ins that covers you, the CCs CDW is usually Secondary. So you 1st have to report it to your Ins and then when they send youa letter what if anything they will cover you for the rest you can go to the CCs ins company for. I dont blame the rental car companys for not wanting to get involved and having to wait till its all settled who has to pay what % , they simply want their $$ ASAP.

Offline WAM

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2010, 11:56:57 AM »

I once rented a car in NY and found some very deep scratches on the side panel by the back wheel. I was charged around $950 bec I denied their coverage. I filled out all the papers to get my money back, but the car rental company was too lazy to fill out their papers. So I filed a dispute, and asked MC to hold back the charge until all the paper work goes through, then I told the car rental to get the papers in or I'll deny the charges.
In short, They finally sent in the paperwork, and MC listened to my request, and didn't make me pay the $950 until I was reimbursed. You should try the same.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2010, 11:57:16 AM »
It was a request by CO, as they figured that more people would prefer the new Primary CDW benefit than having coverage in Israel.  It definitely stands out more as very few cards offer that other than CO. 

the only Chase MC I have ever had was the CO so it doesnt make that much of a difference to me, and Ive had pretty good time swith Citi so I'll probably just go with their Bronze AA WMC to cover my Israeli car rentals ONLY

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2010, 12:00:56 PM »

Before I read your reply, I called the number on the back of my Chase Freedom MC, and asked if [edit: the Amtrak Guest Rewards WMC ] covers CDW in Israel. As you said, it does. And they're going to mail a letter to my house saying that :)

Dan, is there any benefit of Amtrak Guest Rewards MCW over the Citi card?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:37:16 PM by moldyearwax »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2010, 12:03:30 PM »
Before I read your reply, I called the number on the back of my Chase Freedom MC, and asked if it covers CDW in Israel. As you said, it does. And they're going to mail a letter to my house saying that :)

If you have a Chase Freedom WMC then why do you need the Amtrak or Citi card?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2010, 12:06:18 PM »
the only Chase MC I have ever had was the CO so it doesnt make that much of a difference to me, and Ive had pretty good time swith Citi so I'll probably just go with their Bronze AA WMC to cover my Israeli car rentals ONLY
If you have a Sapphire then the points from that are probably worth more then what you'll get from the AA bronze (1 mile per $2).
If you try to switch it to a WMC let us know what happens!

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2010, 12:10:44 PM »
If you have a Chase Freedom WMC then why do you need the Amtrak or Citi card?

I have a Chase Freedom MC. Not WMC.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2010, 12:13:09 PM »
I have a Chase Freedom MC. Not WMC.
It's not a WMC and it does cover Israel?  That would be a first!
I'd call back and double check.

Anyway if it does indeed cover Israel then why do you need a WMC?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2010, 12:25:01 PM »
If you have a Sapphire then the points from that are probably worth more then what you'll get from the AA bronze (1 mile per $2).
If you try to switch it to a WMC let us know what happens!

OK but it will be awhile since no way will I switch it before getting the 25k bonus posted

sorry but we are talking about what <200 pts no big deal and it will extend the life of my AA Miles at the same time

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2010, 12:31:21 PM »
Before I read your reply, I called the number on the back of my Chase Freedom MC, and asked if it covers CDW in Israel. As you said, it does. And they're going to mail a letter to my house saying that :)

It's not a WMC and it does cover Israel?  That would be a first!
I'd call back and double check.

Anyway if it does indeed cover Israel then why do you need a WMC?

Sorry for confusing you and leaving out important information. I called the number on the back of my Chase Freedom and asked if the Amtrak Guest Rewards WMC (Issued by Chase) covers CDW in Israel. ( I have edited the OP )
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:38:31 PM by moldyearwax »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2010, 12:36:06 PM »
sorry but we are talking about what <200 pts no big deal and it will extend the life of my AA Miles at the same time
Sure, but if someone already has a card, then why get a new card.