Author Topic: So where do ya'll think LeBron James will end up?  (Read 41542 times)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
Re: So where do ya'll think LeBron James will end up?
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »
All that's going to happen is anger everyone not in the city he chooses which won't be good for endorsements, etc.
Good point. I never looked at it that way.

As a New Yorker, I'm hoping that the fact that he's 14 mi. from the training camp means something. I mean it IS kinda random
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 03:33:44 PM »
Good point. I never looked at it that way.

As a New Yorker, I'm hoping that the fact that he's 14 mi. from the training camp means something. I mean it IS kinda random
Probably just trying to keep the rumors going for NYC, Miami, and Cleveland...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline kc1544

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 04:05:04 PM »
LEBRON COME TO NJ!!!
If not, Prokorov go back to Russia and pick another career, (maybe espionage)...

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »
HAHA, It's official, he is going to Miami!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 09:29:50 PM »
Yup, we've known it all day.

I do believe that this was decided years ago during the Olympics between Bosh, Wade, and James.    That's why they all had the same contract length, etc.  And it's why he gave up during the playoffs against the Celtics this year.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 09:31:06 PM »
Yup, we've known it all day.

I do believe that this was decided back during the 2008 Olympics between Bosh, Wade, and James.
So are we booking a bunch of rooms in Miami for next years finals? Should be a lucrative flip ;D

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 09:33:36 PM »
I like the way he is saying that Wade "invited" him (and Bosh) to join and he asked for permission to join them...

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 09:39:40 PM »
Party at the W south beach over the weekend, good thing for free night promo from SPG!!!! Haha

Offline sprint

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 10:09:05 PM »
Dan a businessman I knew you were but a conpiracy theorist? I never knew you had that side to you... ;D

Offline sprint

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 10:11:13 PM »
poor ctown   :'( - And this was almost all they still had going for economy there...Glad my cousins there grew outta sports cuz otherwise I'd have to be making condolence calls...

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA PLAT AA PLAT
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 10:36:50 PM »
Wow,the heat bad choice.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 01:21:13 AM »
Fighting parting words from Dan G!

Late Thursday night, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert issued the following statement on LeBron James' departure from the franchise.

Dear Cleveland, all of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers supporters wherever you may be tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several-day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: "I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA Championship before the self-titled former 'king' wins one."

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our homegrown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland. Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day...

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue...

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 01:29:29 AM »
Wow,the heat bad choice.
yeah its gonna be one heck of  a season next year in miami...
Too bad he didnt come to the bulls but i guess its good that we got boozer
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:35:56 AM by DealPrincess »

Offline ash

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2010, 03:55:46 AM »
Fighting parting words from Dan G!

Late Thursday night, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert issued the following statement on LeBron James' departure from the franchise.

Dear Cleveland, all of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers supporters wherever you may be tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several-day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: "I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA Championship before the self-titled former 'king' wins one."

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our homegrown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland. Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day...

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue...

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

thats an intense statement though i kinda agree with it . where there is hype there is some failure

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2010, 10:32:02 AM »
Dan. $10 for your cavs tix  ;D ;D
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline kc1544

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2010, 10:44:54 AM »
You gotta give him credit for taking less money on account of winning. I think the term 'cowerdly betrayel' is a bit much. But this is not the craziest thing the cavs owner said. You can never ever guarantee a championship as its impossible to know what will happen. But to guarantee one right after losing your best player is beyond ludacrious.
Meanwhile i think this will give Kobe a chance to show that he is king because now he can go up against the Heat and beat them....

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2010, 11:01:37 AM »
You gotta give him credit for taking less money on account of winning. I think the term 'cowerdly betrayel' is a bit much. But this is not the craziest thing the cavs owner said. You can never ever guarantee a championship as its impossible to know what will happen. But to guarantee one right after losing your best player is beyond ludacrious.
Meanwhile i think this will give Kobe a chance to show that he is king because now he can go up against the Heat and beat them....
He didn't take less money, I hate that everyone thinks that!!!
Florida has no state income tax.  He'll save a small fortune off that.  Now there's no state tax on all home games AND no state tax on all of the millions in endorsements he has!

Offline kc1544

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2010, 12:36:46 PM »
He didn't take less money, I hate that everyone thinks that!!!
Florida has no state income tax.  He'll save a small fortune off that.  Now there's no state tax on all home games AND no state tax on all of the millions in endorsements he has!

i guess you are right and i do feel bad for cavs fans.
but still i thought as arrogant as he is he would never joine wade. After all, this is wade's team. it wont be lebron's team untill theyve won at least one championship probably more...

Offline yeshivaman

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2010, 04:46:06 PM »
As a knick fan I'm dissapointed but Cleavlanders need to chill with this "betrayel" stuff . The kid left it all on the court for the last 7 years for u guys. do u know what the last 7 years have been like for me?!? In the end, he owes you nothing.
i wish i knew what i was doing...