Topic Wiki

Fight NYC Parking Tickets

When using one of these services below they'll typically charge 50% of the ticket if they win.

WinIt https://www.appwinit.com - fight parking tickets via the app or online. Claim 30% success rate.

Ticket Wiper - Fight NYC Parking Tickets

Parking Expert https://www.yelp.com/biz/parking-expert-brooklyn

https://newyorkparkingticket.com/

Cathy Mei -
329ticket@gmail.com
(212) 349-4978

Author Topic: NYC parking fines  (Read 90669 times)

Offline googwallet

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: NYC parking fines
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2018, 04:53:26 PM »
Not NYC, but I got a red light camera ticket in Nassau. When I saw the flash I figured this will set be back $55, but when I received the ticket in the mail some 40 days later, I was quite surprised at the $150 violation cost! Does anyone know of anyone that will fight this and take a fee percentage?

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2018, 05:24:31 PM »
Not NYC, but I got a red light camera ticket in Nassau. When I saw the flash I figured this will set be back $55, but when I received the ticket in the mail some 40 days later, I was quite surprised at the $150 violation cost! Does anyone know of anyone that will fight this and take a fee percentage?
And that's why you got to make a sharp right when you know your going through a red light camera, or a leaf stuck into your license plate, and lastly buy a spray which blurs the plate when driving.

Wow, I would think all of nyc is the same and surrounding areas at $50.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline googwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2018, 08:31:14 PM »
And that's why you got to make a sharp right when you know your going through a red light camera, or a leaf stuck into your license plate, and lastly buy a spray which blurs the plate when driving.

Wow, I would think all of nyc is the same and surrounding areas at $50.
Aren't such sprays illegal to use?

Offline sams

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2018, 08:42:18 PM »
Anyway to fight speeding cameras? Worth effort?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2018, 08:49:28 PM »
Aren't such sprays illegal to use?
Supposedly it's not visible to the naked eye.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline googwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2018, 08:52:43 PM »
Supposedly it's not visible to the naked eye.
Interesting. Not sure how comfortable I am with that.

Offline sams

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2019, 03:31:55 PM »
Is there any worthwhile way to fight a traffic light camera in New York City?

Offline googwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2019, 03:44:19 PM »
Not that I'm aware of. I reached out to all the ticket fighters for my violation, none of them want to touch a camera ticket.
I'm going to plead not guilty just for the chance but I will probably end up paying. If you find someone or something that will take on a camera ticket, do share.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2019, 04:22:01 PM »
For the future a simple leaf in your plate, snow, the spray, a bike rack, and if you realize your going through an intersection with a light make a sharp right turn to turn ur car on your side which would block your plate from the camera. Or lastly attach a string to the bottom of the plate and pull it from in your car through the trunk when you go through a light to pull your plate upward and block the camera.

Once your ticket has a picture of the red light camera then not much to do, Unless there was an emergency vehicle or you had an emergency which required you to be at the.. and you have documents..

Or your vehicle was stolen God forbid or a creative answer which would justify to why your car is pictured going through a red light. Good luck!

Offline sams

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2019, 02:27:11 AM »
For the future a simple leaf in your plate, snow, the spray, a bike rack, and if you realize your going through an intersection with a light make a sharp right turn to turn ur car on your side which would block your plate from the camera. Or lastly attach a string to the bottom of the plate and pull it from in your car through the trunk when you go through a light to pull your plate upward and block the camera.

Once your ticket has a picture of the red light camera then not much to do, Unless there was an emergency vehicle or you had an emergency which required you to be at the.. and you have documents..

Or your vehicle was stolen God forbid or a creative answer which would justify to why your car is pictured going through a red light. Good luck!
Thanks thought cops would go nuts on u, I guess there’s nothing they could do by  a bike rack but weird to always have, the spray they can’t see?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2019, 02:37:11 AM »
Thanks thought cops would go nuts on u, I guess there’s nothing they could do by  a bike rack but weird to always have, the spray they can’t see?
Well, there is a law officially that you need to have a bike on the rack, but hard to see how they enforce that as even if one should get a ticket, you can say I'm on my way to pick up some bikes or just dropped off the kids and..you got to be creative to beat the system.
 And heard about the spray so many times, never tried it myself, but they were selling it at one point. Maybe it can be found online.
 I used to see the plate covers more often, haven't seen them in a while(those blurry plate covers.)
 Another idea is to crack the plastic black Frame that goes around the plate and have it hang down onto one of the letters/numbers, which causes one symbol not to be seen, and you can stick some tape or something sticky on the back of it to keep it stiff against one letter, so even for a cop they will think it just broke, another car hit yours and cracked it.
 An invention came from using your head. Same here.. ;)

Offline googwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2019, 10:24:42 AM »
Not that I'm aware of. I reached out to all the ticket fighters for my violation, none of them want to touch a camera ticket.
I'm going to plead not guilty just for the chance but I will probably end up paying. If you find someone or something that will take on a camera ticket, do share.
So apparently it's not even possible to plead not guilty, in Nassau there is no option for pleading not guilty. The only option besdies paying is signing an affidavit stating that the plates were stolen or the Operator of vehicle received a ticket for this infraction from a law enforcement officer. Seems there is really no option to request a hearing.

Offline Der Deutsche Jude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, CA, FAA, GA, NA, OA, WA
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2019, 10:04:30 AM »
Well, there is a law officially that you need to have a bike on the rack, but hard to see how they enforce that as even if one should get a ticket, you can say I'm on my way to pick up some bikes or just dropped off the kids and..you got to be creative to beat the system.
 And heard about the spray so many times, never tried it myself, but they were selling it at one point. Maybe it can be found online.
 I used to see the plate covers more often, haven't seen them in a while(those blurry plate covers.)
 Another idea is to crack the plastic black Frame that goes around the plate and have it hang down onto one of the letters/numbers, which causes one symbol not to be seen, and you can stick some tape or something sticky on the back of it to keep it stiff against one letter, so even for a cop they will think it just broke, another car hit yours and cracked it.
 An invention came from using your head. Same here.. ;)
The cops are able to ticket you for doing all the aforementioned shtick.  Especially if they see that you put tape on it... omg you’re screwed.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2019, 02:13:47 AM »
The cops are able to ticket you for doing all the aforementioned shtick.  Especially if they see that you put tape on it... omg you’re screwed.
In bp this week they're cracking down big time. For fake registration, inspection and ... everything and anything.

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2019, 05:48:11 PM »
Someone told me you don't have to pay a parking ticket on a car with NJ temporary plates, does anyone know if that's true?

Online whacked1

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2019, 07:39:37 PM »
Someone told me you don't have to pay a parking ticket on a car with NJ temporary plates, does anyone know if that's true?
I have temp plates now, racked up so far 4 tickets... will let you know  ;D

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2019, 08:02:45 PM »
I have temp plates now, racked up so far 4 tickets... will let you know  ;D
How will you know, you'll wait to see if they send you something in the mail?

Online whacked1

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2019, 08:04:19 PM »
How will you know, you'll wait to see if they send you something in the mail?
I have my reg plates already. Just not on my car. Hope i dont get towed

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2019, 08:56:48 PM »
Can cops ticket a car with no registration, VIN blocked, only plates are visible?

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2019, 08:58:00 PM »
Can cops ticket a car with no registration, VIN blocked, only plates are visible?
Yes